The new Garrison recruitment is pretty awful. Need a *NO* Option ASAP, suggestion or bug, not sure so it goes here...

Users who are viewing this thread

@mexxico the current and in my opinion biggest problem with this slider is the fact that it is impossible to set the exact number for garrison wages.
For example, i took a town, i dumped my entire army as a garrison or a portion of my troops as a garrison. Their wages is let say 1830, however, i can't set this exact number. I can set 1832. As a result, i will lose my top-tier units so that script would match set wages exactly.
i made a SS. Due to this system, my garrison lost 13 top-tier infantry and 4 archers in favor of some trash, cannon fodder troops.
p.s. as you can understand more troops in the garrison, more food they consume. i would like to delay prosperity-starvation loop as long as possible.
Can you send a save game to [email protected] showing this problem (A & B).

A- Limit is set 5-10 denars below of current wage amount
B- In next days garrison will lose high tier troops

I can also create it seems not hard to reproduce but it is better you send a file which that scenario will happen 100% and I can save some time.

Last edited:
B- In next days garrison will lose high tier troops
this is not how it works imho, it is not a matter of days but years. AI starts to mess around with garrison, when recruits are ready to be upgraded, let say sturgian recruit was upgraded to a warrior, wages changed and this is when all this happens. governor perks that reduce troops' wages in the garrison also have its effect on how fast this issue happens.
However, if garrison wages are 1800 denars and i set a limit to the closest possible number, let say 1801. Garrison will remain the same. There will be no movement of troops at all. But if a deviation is 4-7 denars, that becomes a problem with time.
I will try to provide you with a safe file, but that it will take some time.
p.s. as it now i think it is two things that may cause this to happen. A) governor perks that reduce wages of the garrison. B) Upgrade of troops in the garrison. Or both of these combined.

Last edited:
this is not how it works imho, it is not a matter of days but years. AI starts to mess around with garrison, when recruits are ready to be upgraded, let say sturgian recruit was upgraded to a warrior, wages changed and this is when all this happens. governor perks that reduce troops' wages in the garrison also have its effect on how fast this issue happens.
However, if garrison wages are 1800 denars and i set a limit to the closest possible number, let say 1801. Garrison will remain the same. There will be no movement of troops at all. But if a deviation is 4-7 denars, that becomes a problem with time.
I will try to provide you with a safe file, but that it will take some time.
p.s. as it now i think it is two things that may cause this to happen. A) governor perks that reduce wages of the garrison. B) Upgrade of troops in the garrison. Or both of these combined.

I examined your save file. However in save file current wage of garrison was 1023 when I open save and limit was set to 1255. I past 20 days and no problems occured because current wage and limit was so different at start of save file. I do not know if wages at your version is 1023 too? If you use some mod or something else maybe it is different on your pc? I replied your private message here to discuss this problem open to everyone. Maybe more information we can get about problem.

nCZcQ.png

I reduced limit at your save file to just above of current wage and see that sometimes when wage is over limit more than 1 troop desert even information tab says 1 troop will desert (see 4th picture below). I will explain what causes this duplicate desertion. Also even this duplicate desertion bug is fixed problem is this deserted troop selected randomly. So high tier troops can be replaced by low tier troops by time because auto recruitment does not stop when wage + 1 low tier wage is greater than limit. So after that 1 low tier recruit garrison can lose one random troop because wage goes above limit.

tmsif.png

Last edited:
that is very, very strange because i see different numbers 1279/1255.
and no, no mods except for bannerpaste.
Strange, maybe wage codes are changed or some new perk reducing garrison wages is added. I am opening your save from latest changeset at office so it can be different from yours. I will also examine it. I also edited previous post and see problems. You can refresh and read again.

could the previous versions of the game somehow affect this? i mean BL is on my pc since EA release.

Not sure. I will check what cause this difference.

Duplicate desertion happens because of this (2 different place controls if current wage is more than limit) :
qa4wz.png

I am fixing it now. Also we will add a code to stop recruitment before wage goes above limit so +1 -1 +1 -1 +1 -1 case will not happen. If current wage is 1198 and limit is 1200 recruitment will stop if there is no tier-1 troop can be recruited at that town & its villages. Similarly if wage is 1199 and limit is 1200 auto recruitment will again stop because even tier-1 wage is 2 / day.

G8Jw9.png

Last edited:
Not sure. I will check what cause this difference.

Duplicate desertion happens because of this (2 different place controls if current wage is more than limit) :
qa4wz.png

I am fixing it now. Also we will add a code to stop recruitment before wage goes above limit so +1 -1 +1 -1 +1 -1 case will not happen. If current wage is 1198 and limit is 1200 recruitment will stop if there is no tier-1 troop can be recruited at that town & its villages. Similarly if wage is 1199 and limit is 1200 auto recruitment will again stop because even tier-1 wage is 2 / day.

G8Jw9.png

How much we are going to miss you ?

Thanks Mexxico.

could the previous versions of the game somehow affect this? i mean BL is on my pc since EA release.

1279 is real wage of your garrison because :

27 x 12 +
76 x 12 +
17 x 2 +
2 x 3 +
1 x 3 +
----------------

Now checking why it seems 1023 at my version. I see this code block caused this, it seems 20% wage reduce is added to Empire culture's garrisons, there were new culture effects, it seems they are added :
thUXF.png

Thanks @Dabos37, this is a small bug fix.

Last edited:
Now checking why it seems 1023 at my version
Standard Bearer perk of Ira? On my pc she was removed from the position of the governor but probably her bonus still lingers even after several days. On your pc this effect might not even register in any shape or form.

The checkbox doesn't even work, it still keeps putting in recruits.
@Duh_TaleWorlds @Dejan @SadShogun (I don't know who takes over this stuff)
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...-troops-to-hire-raw-recruits-in-1-6-0.444931/
I don't know why Devs think putting in recruits is even useful to begin with, They're not effective for security or combat and often aren't even
the culture of troops the player would want. It's just endless an food malice and it's really sad that after 2.5 months we're still stuck with this
broken 'feature'. Please, if you can't fix it just delete it.

Wouldn't it be easier if it wasn't a slider but a input box? I also think as others have said it should be based on troop count versus wages, as food not gold is the hardest thing to micro manage.

Currently towns and castles are annoying. Food being the main reason. I like what others have said about making the amount of food be more dynamic and linked to prosperity, getting a malus or bonus depending. Its shouldn't be a frustrating endeavor to feed people they should be able to manage it themselves.

It also is a bit unrealistic that the garrison deserts on low food, as they would be the first fed and the last to starve in medieval times, as they are the ones hoarding the food. Peasants would starve and riot long before a single person in the garrison would notice a lack of food. It would be better to tank the prosperity score until it hits 0 then start the garrison starving, hell the milita should all die first if anything.

The noble and his retinue in the castle arent going to see the effects of starvation before the peasants and the militia.

The towns should have its own granary that would equal lets say 10-15 days of total food upkeep (both for garrison and rest of the city), any time it would dip below this food amount the town would just buy missing food from market, food in the granary would not by available for market.

The towns should have its own granary that would equal lets say 10-15 days of total food upkeep (both for garrison and rest of the city), any time it would dip below this food amount the town would just buy missing food from market, food in the granary would not by available for market.
I don't think the food in the granary is available on the market currently.

This makes me really angry. One of my only pleasures in current Bannerlord is filling my garrison with rare and exotic troops and now I can't even do that because it's constantly filling up on recruits and possible deleting my troops, it's like I have to keep a irl ledger to see if I'm bleeding troops..... and if I am my only option is just to stop playing the game since there's nothing to do that doesn't ultimately come down to managing garrisons and town stats!

I can't even continue my old good in progress games because this will immediately implode all my towns will BS.

Back
Top Bottom