The new faces on the beta look real bad/weird

Users who are viewing this thread

Some are ok,like Phaea,Yana and such but like %60 of the new faces look honestly just bad.

For example,let's compare Mesui:
6972DB47426A444B71AD79B0D6DB5F5425E0FC91

11A2DE3807130AE0CD66975407ECF90042A9B2B1

The first one looks like has way more care put into it,while the one on the beta looks like someone just clicked randomize all till they got something with monolid eyes and called it a day.I'd say revert some of the weird looking faces to the old ones before it goes live.

Honestly I'm down to make faces for literally every single character and even make their children look like a mix of them if you let me lmao

Last edited:
The guy's faces look much better in beta, but i can barely tell a difference with the female faces.

The guy's faces look much better in beta, but i can barely tell a difference with the female faces.
Yeah,the male faces are good overall(as in natural,or looking normal,not handsomeness,having all of them be supermodels would break immersion) but the females look weird af to me,they are borderline uncanny valley.

I wrote off the earlier character models from Viking, Napoleon and the other Warband games as being dated and not really a priority considering the main focus lies elsewhere.

Being many years later one would think the faces in Bannerlord wouldn't still look so, idk, caveman like? Comical?

Even with the character creator all the faces look pretty much the same unless you go full comedy extremes one way or the other. The only thing that really changes up the guys are the hair and facial hair IMO. Haven't created a female character yet so cant comment.

I wrote off the earlier character models from Viking, Napoleon and the other Warband games as being dated and not really a priority considering the main focus lies elsewhere.

Being many years later one would think the faces in Bannerlord wouldn't still look so, idk, caveman like? Comical?

Even with the character creator all the faces look pretty much the same unless you go full comedy extremes one way or the other. The only thing that really changes up the guys are the hair and facial hair IMO. Haven't created a female character yet so cant comment.
I do agree on the males looking kinda similiar,but I also think that only applies to "european" factions(empire,battania,vlandia).You definitely can create very different models as sturgia,aserai and khuzait especially.If you have a knack for this type of thing it's possible to create very different looking stuff.I made a reddit thread sometime ago,published some face templates there,it didn't gain much attention but eh.

Oh and also having access to the body sliders some mods offer in vanilla would make a big difference too.

Why can't they make them natural and good looking? Why try going out of one's way to make bizarre, ugly and unrealistic faces? Normalize them pls

Why can't they make them natural and good looking? Why try going out of one's way to make bizarre, ugly and unrealistic faces? Normalize them pls

I am sure its auto-generated.
It seems they didn't find right parameters for the system to make proper faces.

My horse is indeed getting more beautiful each day that i spent in calradia.

Oh and also having access to the body sliders some mods offer in vanilla would make a big difference too.

They are indeed fantastic, i wonder why they don't give them to us for our own character.
I don't see any harm we can do there, it seems to cause no issues with armour.
I tried it in another session and it worked fine, but the mod(s) was messing up my facial hair and i like my beard... both in real life and ingame.

Character creation is a MASSIVE downgrade compared to the prerelease footage. Perhaps its an old version slapped on just so that we can finally play the game?

Personally, I find the new faces better in terms of quality. However, I noticed especially with the Battanians that you can't distinguish them anymore. Before they knew exactly who Meridir was. Now they all look the same.

Some are ok,like Phaea,Yana and such but like %60 of the new faces look honestly just bad.

For example,let's compare Mesui:
6972DB47426A444B71AD79B0D6DB5F5425E0FC91

11A2DE3807130AE0CD66975407ECF90042A9B2B1

The first one looks like has way more care put into it,while the one on the beta looks like someone just clicked randomize all till they got something with monolid eyes and called it a day.I'd say revert some of the weird looking faces to the old ones before it goes live.

Honestly I'm down to make faces for literally every single character and even make their children look like a mix of them if you let me lmao
I'm almost 100% sure that they are randomized which is the reason that some of them look good and others look horrible. I think comparing for example the faces of Abagai and Wythuin before the beta and in the beta kinda proves that they just randomized them again and hoped for the best.

I'm almost 100% sure that they are randomized which is the reason that some of them look good and others look horrible. I think comparing for example the faces of Abagai and Wythuin before the beta and in the beta kinda proves that they just randomized them again and hoped for the best.
I get it that it's early access but it takes like 5 mins for every character to make them look "normal".I've been trying to fix monstrosities(like Phaea and her pancake face on 1.0.11) using mods as I go along my campaign,is it really that hard to at least change them slightly instead of randomizing till it hits something halfdecent?

Phaea before/after,which took literally 2.5 mins

Last edited:
I get it that it's early access but it takes like 5 mins for every character to make them look "normal".I've been trying to fix monstrosities(like Phaea and her pancake face on 1.0.11) using mods as I go along my campaign,is it really that hard to at least change them slightly instead of randomizing till it hits something halfdecent?
Completely agree with you here. I think they made a mistake putting those asymmetry sliders on every single part of the character creation. And when you randomize with those sliders it creates some interesting faces. Most normal people don't have completely asymmetrical facial features. I don't know why they redid every (or atleast the majority) single face in the beta because some were fine (imo the examples i used in the previous message were good before beta and now are kinda weird). That Mesui face you showed in your first post is also a example of a face that came out well in the first randomization before beta.

Completely agree with you here. I think they made a mistake putting those asymmetry sliders on every single part of the character creation. And when you randomize with those sliders it creates some interesting faces. Most normal people don't have completely asymmetrical facial features. I don't know why they redid every (or atleast the majority) single face in the beta because some were fine (imo the examples i used in the previous message were good before beta and now are kinda weird). That Mesui face you showed in your first post is also a example of a face that came out well in the first randomization before beta.
My guess is they run a program with some parameters and it keeps on randomizing until it meets those parameters,most of the new khuzait faces have some crazy slanted,monolid eyes,not all asians look like that lol,especially mongolic/turkic/hunnic tribes the khuzait are based on.

Back
Top Bottom