The new Economy model.

Users who are viewing this thread

This is a early draft of the planed economy model. It will probably change and might never get implanted. Feel free to discuss, criticize, give ideas or feedback. The main idea is to give more control over your centers(towns, castles, villages) and make trade more important.

Planed resources:
1. Population points(maximum number of lances the town can produce).
2. Prosperity(directly effect the taxes and prosperity of the fief).
3. Gold(as in income from the fief).
4. The armament level(indicates how many men have no armor, soft(cloth-leather) armor and heavy(metal) armor. Directly effect the quality of the lance).
5. All the production goods that directly effect the above resources in one way or another.
6. Raw resources available in the area. While this is not a direct resource, but will indicate what can be build and how efficient the production are.

I'm planing to have two types of building areas in each center. Rural area representing the surrounding countryside and urban area representing the center it self and the surrounding other urban areas. The amount of buildings in each of the areas are going to be limited.

Planed(so far) buildings for the rural areas:
1. Corn farms(produces grain, chicken).
2. Sheep farms(produces meat, wool).
3. Cattle farm(produces meat, raw leather)
4. Fruit farms(produces olives, grapes, apples)
5. Flax farms(produces flax)
6. Iron mines(produces iron)
7. Salt mines(produces salt)
8. Fishers(produces fish)
9. Spice farms(produces spices)
10. Herb farm?(produces dye)

Planed(so far) buildings for the urban areas:
1. Bakeries(consumes grain, produces bread)
2. Linen workshop(consumes flax, produces linen cloth)
3. Wool workshop(consumes wool, produces wool cloth)
3. Blacksmiths(consumes metal, produces iron)
4. Tanners(consumes raw leather, produces leatherwork)
5. Winery(consumes grapes, produces Wine)
6. Brewery(consumes grains, produces beer)
7. Oilery(consumes olives, produces Oils)
8. Butchers(consumes meat, produces sausages)
9. War smiths(consumes iron, increases hard armor level)
10.  Cloth makers(consumes wool cloth, linen cloth, and leatherwork, but increases soft armor levels)

Random mechanics:
The production levels of the goods will dictate the price of the goods and the chance to appear on the marketplace.
Food production increases the population level.
The population consumes various goods. The more of there demands are met, the higher the prosperity cap(or lower if demands are not met).
Some buildings will only be available if there are resources in the area.
Trade between cities will be done via resources exchange.

Native recruitment system will get screwed with the new economy. And uh... can't thinkg of anything else right now.

this is for fortified manors productions almost XD yea look good ^^

think there is lot of work to do with the troops development, all clothes are almost light, almost there is not heavy armours. this SVN mod is characterized compared with the old one for the "high power strike" of almost all troops, even the light troops, so with no heavy armours u can be killed easy even for a peasant!

Sounds terrific, especially the part where troops armor get influenced.
I didn't understand however by what they equipment will be influenced,
among other things.

Good luck and drink a beer while working, cause i thing that all this job might make you
psychotic  :grin:

Planed(so far) buildings for the urban areas:
1. Bakeries(consumes grain, produces bread)
2. Linen workshop(consumes flax, produces linen cloth)
3. Wool workshop(consumes wool, produces wool cloth)
3. Blacksmiths(consumes metal, produces iron)
4. Tanners(consumes raw leather, produces leatherwork)
5. Winery(consumes grapes, produces Wine)
6. Brewery(consumes grains, produces beer)
7. Oilery(consumes olives, produces Oils)
8. Butchers(consumes meat, produces sausages)
9. War smiths(consumes iron, increases hard armor level)
10.  Cloth makers(consumes wool cloth, linen cloth, and leatherwork, but increases soft armor levels)

Will these be buildings you can build on cities?
And a second :roll: Will  the war smiths the ones that will affect your lance armor capability?

Planed(so far) buildings for the rural areas:
1. Corn farms(produces grain, chicken).
2. Sheep farms(produces meat, wool).
3. Cattle farm(produces meat, raw leather)
4. Fruit farms(produces olives, grapes, apples)
5. Flax farms(produces flax)
6. Iron mines(produces iron)
7. Salt mines(produces salt)
8. Fishers(produces fish)
9. Spice farms(produces spices)
10. Herb farm?(produces dye)

And these wiil be for the small settlements found near villages, manors?
That's an idiotic question i know :oops:

How about monastery breweries for catholic towns?

They could produce a special, expensive beer, which raises the morale more than ale.  :mrgreen:

And how about focusing on religious aspects as well? Building great churches/mosques/... serving as pilgrimage sites. And if you happen to organize a relic or two, the amout of pilgrims to your city will even increase! Next to your money income, of course  :wink:

Your villages can get market places, massively increasing their income.

And perhaps certain fiefs, close to water, should receive the option to build a harbour, increasing trade even further.

Things like guild headquarters and so on could be used if you have great imbalances in your economy, as they tend to regulate everything.

And the player should be allowed to determine the amount of taxes and tolls on his fiefs. For example higher tolls mean more income from tolls, but trade in your region will lower.

sifis172 said:
Will these be buildings you can build on cities?
sifis172 said:
And these wiil be for the small settlements found near villages, manors?
Everything I mentioned will be build in the centers(towns, villages, castles). They suppose to represent a region - town, whatever.

sifis172 said:
And a second :roll: Will  the war smiths the ones that will affect your lance armor capability?
They will increase the chance for the troops to be higher tier in the lance.

Joker86 said:
How about monastery breweries for catholic towns?

They could produce a special, expensive beer, which raises the morale more than ale.  :mrgreen:
Hm... that's a good idea. Spiced beer?  :eek: I like it

Joker86 said:
And how about focusing on religious aspects as well? Building great churches/mosques/... serving as pilgrimage sites. And if you happen to organize a relic or two, the amout of pilgrims to your city will even increase! Next to your money income, of course  :wink:

Your villages can get market places, massively increasing their income.

And perhaps certain fiefs, close to water, should receive the option to build a harbour, increasing trade even further.

Things like guild headquarters and so on could be used if you have great imbalances in your economy, as they tend to regulate everything.

And the player should be allowed to determine the amount of taxes and tolls on his fiefs. For example higher tolls mean more income from tolls, but trade in your region will lower.
Fine ideas. I still haven't yet develop the "utility" buildings(so to speak) for the centers. I'd rather first finish the production system before venturing into the depths of religion and alike. :smile:

Of course, they were only some basic brainstorming ideas.

Another idea I just got would be production sites that are something more "uncommon", like fur hunters/traders, woodcutters, quarries, gold mines (and thus gold smiths), charcoal burners, peat cutters, dog breeders, falconers, horse breeders and some more.

Some cities which are a bit off the map would suffer from lower trade rates, so you could make this up a bit (though not 100%) by giving them some rare but expensive trade goods, like gold or furs. For example the cities in Russia could have more furs, but lower trade in general because there are not many cities nearby.

Joker86 said:
Of course, they were only some basic brainstorming ideas.
Keep them coming :smile:
Joker86 said:
Another idea I just got would be production sites that are something more "uncommon", like fur hunters/traders, woodcutters, quarries, gold mines (and thus gold smiths), charcoal burners, peat cutters, dog breeders, falconers, horse breeders and some more.

Talking about that, we are thinking of introducing new goods as well. Like glassware. So if any of you have ideas about that as well - let it rip :razz:

what about a master smith to make good/tempered or lordly armor? make it expensive sure, but tracking down those items can be such a pain sometimes.

Silver was won/traded much in the Middle Ages, and maybe some chinaware for the Mongols. Silver and gold bars would be not a bad idea (maybe in connection with gold and silver mines, where you can mine the stuff, or let your slaves/prisoners mine the stuff for you) but they should be rare. And maybe some system of money lending with a heavily variable interest rate, or investing into trading routes (ships and caravans and that stuff, maybe you could give some money to the guild master and he sends off a caravan for you, or something like that). Then you could maybe hire or build something like a juweler/gold/silver smith who creates stuff for you out of your mined silver and gold stuff, which you then can pick up and sell in towns.

Expanding on the idea with silver/gold mines. How about if you own a silver/gold mine and a city you can build a coiner in your city, which improves the relationship with the city as well as the prosperity of the city, something like +1 relationship & +5% prosperity for a silver coiner and +2 relationship & +10% prosperity for a gold coiner. And concerning cities, how about the possibility of improving the city by building a sanitation/sewage system which increases relationship by 5 and prosperity by 2%, or building paved streets which will increase prosperity by 5%, a university which increases prosperity by 3% and relation +2 and it maybe could also give the opportunity to study their yourself or let your companions study there (like in WFaS) in order to develop certain non-combat skills, like the medical skills, tactics, trainer, etc. Other options for towns could be the building of a poorhouse (+5 relation, - 1% prosperity), hospital (+4 relation, +2% prosp.), fortify defenses like town walls 1,2,3 which would not only increase the prosperity (up from +1rel/+2%prosp. up to +3 relation, +6% prosperity) of the town but also prolong the time the enemy needs before he can attack the town during a siege, like a watch tower for villages.

EDIT:
Another idea to counter dwindling prosperity of towns could be that if you're the owner of the town and you do a job for the guild master, that you don't get paid but the prosperity of the town is raised by 1-2% for accompanying a caravan for instance. I wouldn't increase prosperity of a town for rescuing some hostage, it should fit the improvement of the economy. And, as I said above, maybe the player should be able to finance a caravan or put some money into certain trading routes with certain goods, etc., and maybe the player should not only be able to finance a caravan but also should be able to raise a caravan on his own and travel around with it - the party then would be the caravan, including some traders and the soldiers the player wants to have in his company. For this there should be some caravanserei things on the map, where the player can outfit a caravan and/or exchange some goods and travel further to his destination. You could also implement some slaver markets, where you don't get paid a certain amount of money depending on the level of the prisoner, but you would get a random amount of money for prisoners which should have the possibilities of being much higher than the default price but also (maybe not so much) lower. I would make slave trading, to be more precise the amount of money, dependent on the persuasion skill of the player.

DrTomas said:
Talking about that, we are thinking of introducing new goods as well. Like glassware. So if any of you have ideas about that as well - let it rip :razz:

I really like this idea. Having specialized glassware-centers in Damascus, Jerusalem, Damietta, Alexandria and Cairo (Arabia)
and Venice, Malaga, Sevilla (Europe), would also make theese cities more economicly important - as they IMO lack at the moment (Especially Venice and the northern italian cities wich are in constant war and suffer endless pillaging - therefore the richest city in my campaigns are always the city wich have had the longest "peace", ie. some balkan or anatolian city).

Best regards...

Back
Top Bottom