The new armors are boring

Users who are viewing this thread

I really tried to be less negative on this forum but then you again release a patch which is 1 step forward but 2 steps backwards. But the bugs aside and if we just look at the new armors, they are just boring.

The previous armor sets that were default looked quite good but now you replaced them all with boring sets. They are just greyish and waaay more simpel which is to be honest just awful looking, warband doesn't look much worse. You removed so many details!

You probably did this to encourage people to buy the new armors but there is an error in your way of thinking. You try to reduce the previous experience to encourage to buy the new armors. No! Just make the armours even cooler, it might take a bit more work but your literally downgraded your game with this patch!

How can you expect people to be happy with a patch if you factually downgrade the game? Again a shortcut was taken, like o so many.

It really makes me sad that I was right to have no hope in the development of this game.

What really bothers me about this is unit readability. For the Rabble, Sturgian Warrior, Clan Warrior and Tribal Warrior, the changes made to your appearance are ridiculous at best and almost unreadable at worst. I'm supposed to believe that wearing a decorative cloth over your casual wear is as good as a chainmail shirt while the Menavlion Infantry and Battanian Hunter are really good at making cosplay?

IMO, i feel like they should've added cosmetic item sets that differentiate between unarmored and armored appearance. Like for example, a 13-16 armor units shouldn't be allowed to pick a breastplate or chainmail torso item unless they pick the Improved Armor perk and if the Improved Armor perk brings their armor rating to a certain threshold, then they can't select casual wear for their Armored appearance.

Last edited:
What really bothers me about this is unit readability. For the Rabble, Sturgian Warrior, Clan Warrior and Tribal Warrior, the changes made to your appearance are ridiculous at best and almost unreadable at worst. I'm supposed to believe that wearing a decorative cloth over your casual wear is as good as a chainmail shirt while the Menavlion Infantry and Battanian Hunter are really good at making cosplay?

IMO, i feel like they should've added cosmetic item sets that differentiate between unarmored and armored appearance. Like for example, a 13-16 armor units aren't allowed to pick a breastplate or chainmail torso item unless they pick the Improved Armor perk and if the Improved Armor perk brings their armor rating to a certain threshold, then they can't select casual wear for their Armored appearance.
Readability together witht he passive perks might actually be messy, I agree, a solution to this would be a declaration of the perks run by the players on the top bar of the game, where the class is noted.

On another note: I actually do not doubt they will add new stuff. So this is most likely the beginning of more stuff to come, which I hail as a great improvement over what we had before.

love this is what you post seriously about lol. gold

I mean that in the nicest way haha, probably sounds snarky, not intentionally

Last edited:
Agreed. I had one quick look at the new "options", and nothing about them looks in any way distinct or something you would want for geniune individual customization. Ideally, it should allow a player to become recognizable based on their skin alone as well as showing off certain hard to earn items as a sign of prestige or whatever. I personally don't even care if they go completely off the rails with this and allow mamlukes to ride pink unicorns or allow sergeants to look like holy paladins. If the desire to remain thematically cohesive means all we get is
  • Gambeson
  • Gambeson with stripes
  • Gambeson with slightly darker cloth
then I say immersion can go **** itself. I want distinction and an incentive to play. Really hope that updates can bring in some cool looking items. Otherwise there is no point.

This whole thing is just to make sure people do not look all the same and to create some form of visual diversity, while classes still remain relatively recognizable.

And yes they shall totally adjust actual armor with visual style. But I guess they will do it when they have balanced the game perfectly, you know *wink wink*

Skins need to be aligned to their logical armor value AND have a "improved armor" look on top. How can a peasant in leather have more armor than shock troops in chainmail?

It's there way of saying, these are the default boring skins, but keep playing to get better ones, that's why they call it progression, it's sad
Yup which is understandable if you would introduce this at the start of the game, not nearing the end of EA.

They ffing downgraded their game to fit in a feature to save time.

"The armors look quite cool now" ~Player
"Yes but we want to introduce new skins" ~TW
"I guess that could be cool? Not a priority but sure" ~Player
"Aight, let me change the current default skins to some bland texture so we can sell you the old skins you already had. Have fun!" ~TW
"There we go again.... sigh...."~Player

Is TW really this stupid to understand basic social interactions? The studio seems like an autistic kid who doesn't know how to interact with humans and understand basic emotions. That is not even meant as an insult, it's an objective observation as the similarities are astounding.

Yup which is understandable if you would introduce this at the start of the game, not nearing the end of EA.

They ffing downgraded their game to fit in a feature to save time.

"The armors look quite cool now" ~Player
"Yes but we want to introduce new skins" ~TW
"I guess that could be cool? Not a priority but sure" ~Player
"Aight, let me change the current default skins to some bland texture so we can sell you the old skins you already had. Have fun!" ~TW
"There we go again.... sigh...."~Player
Exactly, like look at games like CSGO and the like, default guns are boring YET they're the same!! It's just the look, nothing changes the gameplay, but hey, it's temptation that we humans have ?

I don't understand why we can't even buy the old clothes with loot. They already exist and work so why remove them from MP if it is a cosmetic thing with zero impact on gameplay?

Honestly I like the skins, I hated how same-y everything looked. A lot of the newer models and textures are actually quite nice and they're doing a lot for battania and sturgia

Aside from the aesthetics though what a joke, between passive perks and visual customization the original justification for the class system has been more or less totally defeated. Is a new player really supposed to be able to tell a Vlandian sergeant with cavalry breaker apart from a default one? Or tell a visually up-armoured voulgier from an arbelest? Is it really supposed to be intuitive that the quality of the armour you're wearing on different body parts has utterly no bearing on how much damage you can take?

Honestly I like the skins, I hated how same-y everything looked. A lot of the newer models and textures are actually quite nice and they're doing a lot for battania and sturgia

Aside from the aesthetics though what a joke, between passive perks and visual customization the original justification for the class system has been more or less totally defeated. Is a new player really supposed to be able to tell a Vlandian sergeant with cavalry breaker apart from a default one? Or tell a visually up-armoured voulgier from an arbelest? Is it really supposed to be intuitive that the quality of the armour you're wearing on different body parts has utterly no bearing on how much damage you can take?
I don't mind the skins at all, I think it is a good way to address one of the disadvantages of the class system. What I do mind is that they made the default armors boring af atm so people are inclined to buy the new ones, they downgraded their game to force in a feature.

Back
Top Bottom