The Nerfs on Armors

Users who are viewing this thread

Idk why TW has decided to increase damage values so much in BL. I felt like damage values were good in WB with the exception of bows which were a bit underpowered.
I wonder if the increased damage are really a design decision and not a consequence of the formula being based on speed and/or the uselessness of armour making everyone feeling like unarmoured.

Another Hint: The "ComputeRawDamageNew" method seems to apply only to the Singleplayer. There is another Method which is used by the "MultiplayerStrikeMagnitude" Class. Obvious Name "ComuteRawDamageOld".

Code:
public static float ComputeRawDamageOld(DamageTypes damageType, float magnitude, float armorEffectiveness, float absorbedDamageRatio)
        {
            float num = 0f;
            float bluntDamageFactorByDamageType = CombatStatCalculator.GetBluntDamageFactorByDamageType(damageType);
            float num2 = magnitude * bluntDamageFactorByDamageType;
            num += num2 * (100f / (100f + armorEffectiveness));
            if (damageType != DamageTypes.Blunt)
            {
                float num3;
                if (damageType != DamageTypes.Cut)
                {
                    if (damageType != DamageTypes.Pierce)
                    {
                        return 0f;
                    }
                    num3 = Math.Max(0f, magnitude * (45f / (45f + armorEffectiveness)));
                }
                else
                {
                    num3 = Math.Max(0f, magnitude * (1f - 0.6f * armorEffectiveness / (20f + 0.4f * armorEffectiveness)));
                }
                num += num3 * (1f - bluntDamageFactorByDamageType);
            }
            return num * absorbedDamageRatio;
        }

They should have given the Sturgian Druzhniks 2H axes and polearms, change my mind.
Well in my mod, I've basically made them glaive cavalry with shields and side weapons, so close enough?

If nothing else, it does reduce the overlap I think. Probably makes them unreasonably strong too, but eh.

Is the AI smart enough to not use a shield with the glaive?
I just kind of assumed that glaives couldn't be used with shields. I've even had some rhomphaia armed cavalry run around and they always used their glaives two handed.

To be honest though, I haven't actually observed my own Druzhinniks thoroughly. From what I see of them, they always waved their war razors with both hands.

I wonder if the increased damage are really a design decision and not a consequence of the formula being based on speed and/or the uselessness of armour making everyone feeling like unarmoured.
Speed definitely has some effect but when two handed polearms can do around 200 damage on foot even to top tier troops there is an issue with something.

I just kind of assumed that glaives couldn't be used with shields. I've even had some rhomphaia armed cavalry run around and they always used their glaives two handed.

To be honest though, I haven't actually observed my own Druzhinniks thoroughly. From what I see of them, they always waved their war razors with both hands.
Most of the really powerful polearms can only be used with 2 hands. There are a couple of exceptions but they're not seen on normal troops the one that I love is the spearstaff head it can do incredible damage as a 2 hander and can be used 1 handed with a spear.

I think War Razors and Rhomphalias are 2-hand only. Menavlions and Glaives are 1H/2H, which is why they're so cheap

Yeah, I don't know why anyone would bother couching at that point.
Why does anyone bother couching now? Its way harder to actually hit your target and you lose a ton of reach meaning the target will possibly kill you before your lance can even make contact.

If you miss you are also pretty much guaranteed to go down because the movement speed gives them just as much of an advantage, I've been killed by a peasant swinging a rusty hatchet at my armored leg for 140 damage because the lance went right through him without making any contact.

Its way safer to stab with a spear because you can stab more to the side and keep more distance, plus the spear will actually go where you aim.

Its a sad state of affairs that a knight on horse-back is at a disadvantage to a peasant with a wooden pitchfork.

Why does anyone bother couching now? Its way harder to actually hit your target and you lose a ton of reach meaning the target will possibly kill you before your lance can even make contact.
in warband i would couch my lance all the time, put the camera in first person and get the unluky bastard with it, it was fun it felt powerful. In bnnerlord ive only done it once there was no need because without couching i still kill the enemy with almost any lace or spear. i really dont undestand what is going on in TW but a lot of things in warband felt better than in Bannerlor and i mean a LOT!

Returning to the topic: I can't find high-level armor on sale anywhere and apparently this is not fixed in the new patch. It sucks. Any mods to fix this?

Back
Top Bottom