The Music Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

aurgelmir

Sergeant
Hengwulf said:
Hey guys,

I am looking for some "Germanic folk". There is plenty irish folk and slavic folk, but everytime I look for Germanic I find Norse heavy metal bands. I like that to, but not what I am looking for.

Would love to hear some, thx

Edit:
and a contribution ofcourse. No idea what she sings but this is one of my favorite pagan songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMgE1nkLU4M

Most of my posts earlier in this thread are germanic (more precisely scandinavian) folk, folk pop and folk rock, theres some folkmetal and celtic stuff there too but mostly germanic folk :smile:

To make this post legit some Krauka - Sigurdkvaden http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CZpJ2Osrtw

And Folques version of Sinklarsvise http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzkg6waxfVw&feature=related
 

Hengwulf

Sergeant Knight
Hey thx man, this is getting me well underway. Been trying several posts from this thread. Someone said Falkenbach, that's fun to!

 

aurgelmir

Sergeant
talking about metal, I really must say I like enslaved's version of Sigmundskvädet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7-wkdvGUt0
 

Uhtred Ragnarson

Knight at Arms
Hengwulf said:
Hey guys,

I am looking for some "Germanic folk". There is plenty irish folk and slavic folk, but everytime I look for Germanic I find Norse heavy metal bands. I like that to, but not what I am looking for.

Would love to hear some, thx

Edit:
and a contribution ofcourse. No idea what she sings but this is one of my favorite pagan songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMgE1nkLU4M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey3axf9hygk
 

aurgelmir

Sergeant
Uhtred Ragnarson said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey3axf9hygk

First I was like "What language is that?" before realising that they were indeed singing the song in (not so slightly tortured) Swedish  :razz:

Same song by Garmarna http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWY6GMYgGjI
 

Uhtred Ragnarson

Knight at Arms
aurgelmir said:
Uhtred Ragnarson said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey3axf9hygk

First I was like "What language is that?" before realising that they were indeed singing the song in (not so slightly tortured) Swedish  :razz:

Same song by Garmarna http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWY6GMYgGjI

"herr mannelig" is a very popular story/song for folk bands. If you can look up the story its fairly interesting.
 

aurgelmir

Sergeant
Uhtred Ragnarson said:
aurgelmir said:
Uhtred Ragnarson said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey3axf9hygk

First I was like "What language is that?" before realising that they were indeed singing the song in (not so slightly tortured) Swedish  :razz:

Same song by Garmarna http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWY6GMYgGjI

"herr mannelig" is a very popular story/song for folk bands. If you can look up the story its fairly interesting.

I'm swedish I understand the lyrics :razz:
poor troll did not get married :sad:
 

I-HaTeD2

Recruit
Sounds a bit like Faun.

I like the posted Luar Na Lubre, anyone have more like that with female front singers?
 

Patone

Veteran
WB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UFtDA9T9gw

Falkenbach - Heathen Foray

My all-time viking metal favourite  :grin:
 

Ulaanbaatar

Recruit
WB
Personally, I love the Europa Barbarorum soundtrack, by Morgan Casey and Nick Wylie (this song is from an album called Musica Romana, never got the name of the author/band):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP5j5sNBdg8

And Prehistoric music Ireland, especially:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaRnI5Hra9c&feature=related
 

wfresh

Recruit
the song at the end of the lord of the rings the very last movie its in like elvish or something but sounds cool
 
Top Bottom