Native Completed The Mount and Blade Warband Tactics Tournament [Going to be locked soon...]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bunch of updates for you guys...
POM_Zero's team has dropped out. Warfive and his mates are now taking the place of Ping Spike.

Due to the difficulty of reaching Team Potato and Team lag, the first game between Team 18e and Team Ping Spike was fought today.
Team 18e fought hard but unfortunately lost due to the excellent maneuvers Team Ping Spike did.
  5/29/11 Game 1:          Team 18e vs Team Ping Spike
                    Results:          2                      4
                    Members: CountBaron        Warfive
                                    Chaco(sub)      ModerateRevenge
                                    RandomGuy(sub)  Nyffo

Game 2 will be played on 6/5/11

Update:

Team Potato and Team Lag are scheduled to fight tomorrow, 5-30-11 at 20:00pm GMT.

Apologies for the lack of communication.  Lust and my schedule finally meshed yesterday to discuss and book a time.

Edit: Two questions, how will the faction used be determined and must the players be the troop class they are commanding or may the be cav to effectively move around the map?

Mad Dawg said:
Update:

Team Potato and Team Lag are scheduled to fight tomorrow, 5-30-11 at 20:00pm GMT.

Apologies for the lack of communication.  Lust and my schedule finally meshed yesterday to discuss and book a time.

Edit: Two questions, how will the faction used be determined and must the players be the troop class they are commanding or may the be cav to effectively move around the map?
No it's actually encouraged for commanders to be cav as its easier to scout and move men around.
So your guys team are gonna be versing tom then? Do you know all the rules?
Remember teams need to win 2 games before they can advance in the tourny. A game is won by winning 4 out of 6 times or rounds. Commanders cant physically attack unless they are threatened by enemy troops or challenged to a duel after their men are dead.
If the commander(s) who lost all thier men win the duel, they win the match...

sinofchaos said:
Mad Dawg said:
Update:

No it's actually encouraged for commanders to be cav as its easier to scout and move men around.
Remember teams need to win 2 games before they can advance in the tourny. A game is won by winning 4 out of 6 times or rounds. Commanders cant physically attack unless they are threatened by enemy troops or challenged to a duel after their men are dead.
And how are factions decided?

Mad Dawg said:
sinofchaos said:
Mad Dawg said:
Update:

And how are factions decided?
The same factions(meaning both teams go rhodock for instance) that both teams will use each game are decided by majority opinion before each game begins.  A game consists of 6 rounds/things. Best out of 6 wins a game
Troop types(inf,arch,cav) are also decided before each game. Once both teams agree upon the troop types, the troop types selected must always be present on the battlefield.

Most disasterous charge in history.  After an effective flank of their Horse Archers with our Lancers we were ahead by 15 troops.  Then the Dismounted met head to head with our HA and Lancers assisting and the screen filled with the most red I've ever seen.  They ended with less than 50 deaths.  Inexplicable outside of Lust's server hax.  :mad:

Well fought.

Sounds like fun :p
Team Potato won both games huh.
Game one was with rhodocks and game 2 was with khergits? Lol nice...

Can both of you tell me the names of the people playing that were playing in your team. Can you also specify if they were the original people you picked or they were substitutes. Thanks.
http://challonge.com/mbwtacticstournament

Game 2 between Team 18e and Team Ping Spike will be played on 6/5/11. That is unless me and Warfive agree on doing it sooner.

I did have a question about dying.

At one point when I died I respawned as a bot but was unable to control my fellow bots from that point. Has anyone else encountered this?

Faranox said:
I did have a question about dying.

At one point when I died I respawned as a bot but was unable to control my fellow bots from that point. Has anyone else encountered this?
That error is a server error. Server admins can turn that feature on or off.

Sorry for the triple post :sad:
But do you guys think that I should make this a rule? When a team that lost all their men are challenged to a duel, they have the ability of winning the round if they win the duel?

sinofchaos said:
Sorry for the triple post :sad:
But do you guys think that I should make this a rule? When a team that lost all their men are challenged to a duel, they have the ability of winning the round if they win the duel?

No, that auto-wins for the best combat player, not commander.

It's like telling a battlefield commander to do a sniper duel with the winning commander, since he lost all his men.

If Team A only has a commander left and Team B is confident enough to challenge them to a duel that Team A wins, I'd say that's a solid win. That said, I don't think I'd indulge in such foolhardiness.

The only reason I ask this is because in the game my team had with Team Ping Spike we would usually follow commanding defeats with a duel. A lot of people started to ask this very same question. I think I'm going to keep it as it is. Commanders can duel each other, but winning a duel does not guarantee victory...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom