Native Completed The Mount and Blade Warband Tactics Tournament [Going to be locked soon...]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
captain lust said:
I'm a little confused about how that will work. Won't it be hard to match the ratios, when there are different sized teams? e.g you won't be able to have a third inf, cav and ranged if there are only two people on the commanding team.

Also, what if two teams can't agree on a troop ratio?
There aren't any two player teams on the commander list. We're only gonna have a 3 player team section and the individual section as well.
Also, the ratios of troop types don't have to match. One team might bring like 80% inf and like 10% arch and cav and dominate a team that has 33% of everything. What can the team that lost do? Well they can have one of their team mates select inf.

Just noticed this little tourny. If I havnt missed the deadline, which may be extended anyways. But Can i be put down, would be in a team if any slots spare but solo is good too. Im not fussed.

sinofchaos said:
captain lust said:
I'm a little confused about how that will work. Won't it be hard to match the ratios, when there are different sized teams? e.g you won't be able to have a third inf, cav and ranged if there are only two people on the commanding team.

There aren't any two player teams on the commander list. We're only gonna have a 3 player team section and the individual section as well.
Also, the ratios of troop types don't have to match. One team might bring like 80% inf and like 10% arch and cav and dominate a team that has 33% of everything. What can the team that lost do? Well they can have one of their team mates select inf.
I think that is a little bit unfair for the people who play solo. We have to have 33% of everything while the people in the team can have 80% inf.

Think about it, if the faction we are using is nords and one of the teams have 80% inf, they will destroy the enemy team without almost any tactics at all. Simply because the nord infantry is really good compared to the archers and scouts.

apsod said:
sinofchaos said:
captain lust said:

I think that is a little bit unfair for the people who play solo. We have to have 33% of everything while the people in the team can have 80% inf.

Think about it, if the faction we are using is nords and one of the teams have 80% inf, they will destroy the enemy team without almost any tactics at all. Simply because the nord infantry is really good compared to the archers and scouts.

Well then, kill 'em with your Swadian Man-at-arms.

"It has been tested and agreed upon that factions will have to be the same in order to eliminate the unbalances involved with the different types of troops in each faction."

apsod said:
sinofchaos said:
captain lust said:

First of all, solo people will fight other solo people. Teams will fight another team.
Second of all, a game will consist of 4/6 rounds, if u lose the first rounds because the enemy took a lot of inf, just take more inf yourself. Just remember to use all 3 troop types(inf,arch,cav) if you and your opponent agreed to use them beforehand.

Based on the poll and some other reasons, me and Zero have decided to extend the registration deadline another week. The final date to register yourself or your team is 5/8/11. We are currently looking for more 3 player teams than solo people. But if you feel your up to the challenge of leading yourself, go right ahead. Post a reply below.

In other news, after consulting with our Regiment Commander, Lowlander, we now have a ts channel that will be used on the numerous days of the tournament.Huzzah.

I'm also almost done making a trailer for this tourny as so stay tuned for a link :smile:

sinofchaos said:
Based on the poll and some other reasons, me and Zero have decided to extend the registration deadline another week. The final date to register yourself or your team is 5/8/11. We are currently looking for more 3 player teams than solo people. But if you feel your up to the challenge of leading yourself, go right ahead. Post a reply below.

In that case, anyone need a team mate? if not ill go solo :grin:

In two weeks time I have some important exams, so could you do it after it please? I've been waiting for this a long time, and I don't want to miss it.

Thanks.

MacKain said:
sinofchaos said:

In that case, anyone need a team mate? if not ill go solo :grin:
You can be in Team Random :smile: If nobody else wants in on your team Ill move you to solo.

Demonwolf said:
In two weeks time I have some important exams, so could you do it after it please? I've been waiting for this a long time, and I don't want to miss it.

Thanks.
I'll tell you what, I'll do the team portion of this tournament first. This way when you come back after ur tests, you can be ready to command :smile:

I'm not going to wait any more. In the risk of losing participants me and Zero are going to start setting up the team portion of the tourny now. There is currently only 4 teams, but it will still be fun to watch. Stay tuned for more updates and match dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom