The Most Dangerous Game II - (Crisis #2 Averted, look away, peasants!)

Users who are viewing this thread

The Most Dangerous Game II - All Manor of Secrets

ChOxX.jpg

9th August, 1976

The manor house stands bare and lifeless in the heart of the English countryside, a remnant of happier times. Ducks quack forlornly on the weed-choked pond, while rats have made the overgrown hedge maze their own private kingdom. The boat-house has fallen into rack and ruin, whilst high up in the branches of an ancient oak tree, a child's tree-house gives way to gravity piece by piece.

Inside the manor, a tall man in a formal suit picks up a silver candelabra from the mantelpiece of the great hall and, pulling a rag from his pocket, polishes it until it shines.

"Yes," he says, to nobody in particular. "It's almost time again."

Wind sighs through cracks in the windows, and the man smiles.

"Of course, sire. I've no doubt that the new batch of self-styled detectives will figure out who was responsible for your murder all those years ago."

This time, the wind whistles, and the man nods sadly.

"Yes, it really is a shame about the last group. Who would've imagined that civilised men and women would resort to such barbarism, and all over the billion dollar reward for solving this mystery?"

The wind gives one final sigh before dying away.

"As a matter of fact, I'm expecting them on Friday 25th August. Don't worry, sire, I'll ensure the front gates are oiled before then. Just leave it all to me."

Welcome to the recruitment thread for The Most Dangerous Game II, also known as "that Werewolf game that isn't really a Werewolf game." Some of you may remember the first incarnation, hosted by Moss (here). I'd like to run a new game, building upon feedback offered by players and host, but offering a similar item-related/timed experience with a little more balance involved. As with Moss' game, there will also be a story, but I'm hoping having a mystery to solve will also get players co-operating (as well as killing each other).

As always, the goal will to be the last man (or woman) standing, but with more strategy and teamwork required. Other features will include DIFFERENT AREAS to explore, as well as PERSONAL GOALS.

(There will be no anticlimactic killing spree to end the game :razz:)

My aim is to hammer out the full roles and mechanics over the next 2 weeks, and kick off on 25th August. If you'd like something different to Werewolf or that little map game, sign up and have fun!

(Or I'll ban you...)

Victims Player List

1. The Doge of Benis (aka Vieira)
2. Moose!
3. Big McLarge-Huge
4. Austyboo
5. Jock
6. Xardob
7. Orgasmo
8. SootShade
9. Lumos
10. Alaric Shinrog
11. Count Delinard
11. Dystopian
12. Zazu
13. Seán

Austyboo ^_^ said:
How many posts a day do you think will roughly/generally be appropriate?

Well, I intend that there will be a cool-down on actions, so "Case the joint" will take 24 hours to yield results (as it did in Moss's game) but in the meantime, people can chat amongst themselves/form alliances/discuss the murder case. But as long as a player is vaguely following along and performing an action or two every 24 hours, there's no real need to make a lot of posts.

I can post twice a day without issue, I just may not be super active outside of that with my work being a little crazy right now. Consider me in if that's cool. Sounds fun. :smile:

Austyboo ^_^ said:
I can post twice a day without issue, I just may not be super active outside of that with my work being a little crazy right now. Consider me in if that's cool. Sounds fun. :smile:

Yeah, that's fine. I'm hoping the game will unfold in a fairly relaxed manner as clues are discovered and such.

Moose! and Aust added to list.

Back
Top Bottom