The mods i downloaded recently wont open or install to my m & b menu

Users who are viewing this thread

auge

Recruit
the mods i downloaded recently wont open or install to my computer i was wondering what this was about i have version 1.011
britain 1297,star wars calradia,and gun thunder all did the same thing and the mods said version 1.011 compatible any tips?

cut back on the ale... nord scum

.. kidding, the britain 1297 mod is in a .rar file, so you need to extract the files to your module folder, winzip or 7-zip can do it. Make sure that the britain 1297 folder you get in the module folder isnt 'doubled up' so when you click on it the first time, you go to the mod files, not to another folder saying britain 1297 that you need to click on.

i dont have winzip and im not sure what you mean by mod file im fairly new to this game so i havent had any luck with installing mods accept the ones with installing programs with the mod if you could leave a list of things you do once you open the folder to install the games for the main types of files.

You need a program like WinRAR (google that) to open most of the mods since they are packaged and not exe's. You use the unzip program to put the folder into your /Modules folder. When you do that correctly the mod is then "installed" and will show up on your main menu.

Head to FAQ sub-forum in the Apprentice forum for more detailed info on how to extract and where to put the folders.

DaveDaDude said:
cut back on the ale... nord scum

.. kidding, the britain 1297 mod is in a .rar file, so you need to extract the files to your module folder, winzip or 7-zip can do it. Make sure that the britain 1297 folder you get in the module folder isnt 'doubled up' so when you click on it the first time, you go to the mod files, not to another folder saying britain 1297 that you need to click on.

I got Winrar right now and its not to bad just slowing my computer down a pit for some reason.

I have problems in same things, but i had winrar and that just didn't work......And can winzip open .rar files? :oops:  Or is it too much to do this to .zip??

Winrar doesn't run unless you want it to (open it) and doesn't require an internet connection. Why would that affect your computer? I've been using it for years and never had a problem. I like it better than Winzip because it's free (if I recall correctly and things might have changed over the years... if you end your trial on Winzip you need to pay. Winrar you're able to continue past the trial without upgrading and have no limitations).

Oh and Winzip does open Rar files. Looks like it supports:

7Z, IMG, ISO RAR, BZ2, CAB, LHA and other archive files

Winrar supports these files:

RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip

Back
Top Bottom