SP Native Modern The Modernization of Calradia [needs modelers, skinners and riggers]

Users who are viewing this thread

21l90sp.jpg

This is gonna be my first mod, I've only been modding Mount and Blade for about 2 months so bear with me... this is something I've been working on for about a few weeks. Just for something to mess around with and so far it's turning out great. I only know how to code/script though. My art skills are not the best.... so moddeling is not a easy thing for me.
basically I put Calradia somewhere in the black sea, and they declared isolation for 400 years. and now the Nords and Vaegirs are introduced to industrial age ideas and technology by the Greeks through force.

the story:
"The year is 1867, just two years after the American civil war and the year Japan began its journey to imperialism.
This year was in the center of a new era, the industrial revolution which brought many countries to modernization.
Every major power was industrialized, their army's were unstoppable and the weaker nations knew they would have to industrialize their country better then the other,
but Calradia was falling behind... far behind. Their army's still armed with crossbows and their soldiers still chanting the code of chivalry.
Reverse back to 1351, the worst years of the black death... when the bubonic plague hit Calradia, it not only killed it's peasantry.
Kingdoms fell, entire army's were obliterated, nearly 60% of Calradias entire population fell to the disease. The remaining survivors of the Kingdoms cut off trade,
and decided it best to isolate themselves from the rest of the world forever. Each kingdom declared isolation, and all European nations including the Ottoman Empire, valued their isolation.
For centuries foreign ships avoided the areas in and around Calradia, and no man could venture through the mountains surrounding the region without death.
That was until 1843, when Greek Admiral Atyos Spiridon approached the port of Tihr with a navy of ten Steamships. The Nords trembled at the size of these massive ships bellowing smoke, they thought they had angered God and he sent sea monsters upon them.
Spiridon docked and was greeted by a fishing boat of Nords that had come out to get a closer look at the ships, a translator aboard the ship told the Nords to come aboard so their superior could speak with them.
Atyos demanded that he would talk to The Nordic king, when the Nords objected Atyos ordered his marines to grabs muskets and fire a volley into the air. Terrified of the "Thunder sticks" the Nords agreed to allow Atyos to speak with their King.
Within two days King Hagsvid traveled to Tihr to meet the Greeks, when he got there Atyos presented him a letter from King Otto that demanded The Nords and The Vaegirs open trade with the outside world. Otherwise they would face conquest by the the many European Powers that have industrialized.
Stuck in a hard place, King Hagsvid had no choice but to open up his ports to trade and rebuild them to accommodate the new 19th century ships.
He soon signed a trade agreement with King Otto, Britain soon followed as well as Spain and other European powers.
With this trade came immigrants who had new ideas of living, as well as enlightenment and industrialist views.
As the years passed the coastal factions of Calradia began modernizing, both with their army's and their ways of life.
But the factions to the North, near the mountains resented this change. In fact they saw it as a threat to their society and their liberty, and European Immigrant that travelled past the northern bored of Calradia was captured and tortured or killed.
The Coastal factions saw this as a threat and feared it could cause the the Europeans nations in which these immigrants came from to start making military skirmishes on their soil, and to eventually start conquering pieces of Calradia as colonies.
In 1866 King Hagsvid died, and his son Nagid took the throne. He had traveled across Europe and spoke with many leaders of the Nations. He wanted to completely modernize the Nordic army, which were still using shields and axes up to the time of his reign.
His plan was to bring Calradia into a new era... and to Unite the land under one flag. It was time to completely modernize Calradia, even at the cost of war...
"

the factions:
  • The Kingdom of Nordia
  • The Republic of Vaegir
  • The Kingdom of Rhodok
  • The Khergit Tribes
  • The Valley Tribes
  • The British Empire [minor]
  • The Kingdom of Greece [minor]
  • The Kingdom of Italy [emergent]
  • The many more bandit/manhunter type factions

the features:
  • New Menu System, you can start out as a soldier to a faction, or a entrepreneur or warrior and others[currently working on it]
  • Italian invasion, the Italians plan to invade Calradia and you have to help them avoid total conquest. or abandon your country and join them.[currently working on it]
  • The Rhodoks are on the brink of revolution, half of the population wants to modernize. You can choose to help the rebels or keep Rhodok as it is. If you help the Rhodoks modernize their entire army modernizes.[currently working on it]
  • forts for minor counties[currently working on it]
  • guns, lots of them. anything from the M1807 Springfield to a Winchester rifle, to the Benchrest sniper rifle.[using guns from other mods to test with, but hoping to get new models]
  • All new NPC's with new backgrounds [done]
  • new clothes to match the 19th century[not started]
  • new banners
  • custom city/village/castles scenes for modernized factions
  • and much more....

Team:
  • myself [coder, mod leader]
  • [need modeler]
  • [need texturer]
  • [need rigger]
  • [need concept artist for in game pictures and stuff]
  • [need historian (I lack a bit in 19th century history)]

and well thanks for taking interest for even opening the thread. and wish me luck and if you wish to join it would be GREATLY appreciated just say so in this thread or throw me a PM  :grin:
I'll post pictures of what I've done later on.

Penis Colada said:
Uhh... What is this? Did you notice the other mod with a very similar name?

haha no. I just picked 1867 because it just clicked, not sure why. I didn't want to make it too far out of the 1860's because I wanted to include muskets, and I wanted to make it not far after the civil war so I could include U.S. involvement. I cancelled out 66 because of the western mod, and 68 and 69 didn't seem quite right... not sure, I have a problem with even numbers and the number 9 I guess.

This is pretty good, I like the idea and you clearly have the coding well underway which is where a lot of mods fall down. The Russians/Ottomans should get a look in too though in terms of being historical about things.

Penis is right, not just the name but the concept (minus Calradia) is already used in three current mods. I'm not saying this to discourage you, but my advice is pick a team and join it, especially since you need everything but a coder.

Back
Top Bottom