The Modelling Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

i know i had used too much time on this armor... but its still not done... it was hell to map it... and now hell to texture it... but a slight peek at wat i've done for now...

ps... i might be out tonite... after exams party at the dorm.... drinking time!!

Holy crap :!: :!: :!: That looks sweet lol! The texturing is pretty nice and it looks amazing so far! Can't wait to see what's it's like when its finished! It kinda dwarfs the head though :razz: How long did that take you so far in total?

Btw, I downloaded Wings 3D (Is that the right thing?) I've been playing around with it for awhile now, and i was looking for stuff from M&B to throw in and play around with, but I couldnt find anything :???: I looked in all the folders for M&B and theres still nothin to load, am i doing something wrong? How can i start messing with the weapons and faces and stuff?

go search for thorgrim's brf editor... all m&b files are in brf format... which wings can't read... so use the editor to export the files in obj form... then import it into wings and u get ur mesh... have fun...

and cox i keep screwing up the mapping... i only started texturing last nite... and only got a solid idea of wat i want this morning

ps. all mesh packs are in the commonres folder

Echo, check out the video tutorials linked to from the Forge site.  Highelf does a nice job of explaining the modeling and texturing processes.
Video Tutorials

Huskarl,

I like the work on the armor so far.  Very nice progress.  Enjoy your partying, you deserve it!

Kardiophylax said:
Echo, check out the video tutorials linked to from the Forge site.  Highelf does a nice job of explaining the modeling and texturing processes.
Video Tutorials

Huskarl,

I like the work on the armor so far.  Very nice progress.  Enjoy your partying, you deserve it!

so how's ur skills with models now... back  to one year ago??  :grin:

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
so how's ur skills with models now... back  to one year ago??  :grin:

Still poor as ever, but I know how to do it now :smile:.  Unfortunately, artwork of any kind s not a talent I possess, unless you like stick people.  I could probably texture, but eh, I'm more of a scripter/coder.  I work behind the scenes I suppose.   

then try to improve in texturing then... next time i'll ask elven to send u his stuff and u can try to redo the textures... and lets c wat happens :grin:

front and back breastplate done... enjoy

i seem to have some ghost line problems... mesh is ok but it keeps getting invisible there

:!:

Someone make it stop  :smile:! The models from both of you are brilliant. You've heard it a lot but its bloody true. The next release is on you guys. Talera is going to get a major facelift with your epic models.

Thanks a lot guys. We're all pretty damn lucky you chose this mod  :smile:.

thx... as for the model... i haven made any progress with it yet... was drunk drinking absinth last nite...well.. at least i din get a hangover

and here is the latest update for the model... arm guard textures are finally completed... remapped the arm guard 3 times... i blame my inexperience

need to do some gaming for inspirations for the texture of the lower region of the armor... will be back at it tonite... god... my head

Looking real good.  Have you decided what you wanted to use this armor for yet?  I believe I read mention of it being used for the Feron at one time, and also read it could be armor for the Crusaders. 
Or is it still up in the air?   

its a crusader armor... sorry... i haven started on the feron armor... since i accidentally deleted the earlier stage of it  :oops:

crusader's armor is almost done... i only have the shoulder pad left... here's the pics

oh, Elven, i was just wondering if you could do me a little favour.... can you put a mask on the romanesque helmets and show me what it looks like please? thanks

Wow, I love the model Huskarl!  Let me know when you run out of stuff to do, I need a fair amount of work done.... ok, a lot of work done to help me out.  :grin:

Sorry my felloy fellas....(wathever that means) for being inactive the last days... The school is like hell atm... And huskarl, where the hell did u learn to texture???? u own me, My gratitudes my friends :grin: how about giving ur fellow... moddeler some tips? sorry bad english, im tires, i sleep NOOOOOW, cya tommorow, And To... The guy with the scary profile picture.... who was asking for thast... Ronman helm thing, ill try making it tommorow...But what do acctualy a Roman helm mask look like

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
Finally finished texturing the body armor...
*pic*
That's a damned fine piece of work. I would like to see it in action. And speaking of which:
I don't suppose you can rig it. So should a rigger be asked to help or...?

(Not that I  can help. Just wondering)

Elvenbow123 said:
Sorry my felloy fellas....(wathever that means) for being inactive the last days... The school is like hell atm... And huskarl, where the hell did u learn to texture???? u own me, My gratitudes my friends :grin: how about giving ur fellow... moddeler some tips? sorry bad english, im tires, i sleep NOOOOOW, cya tommorow, And To... The guy with the scary profile picture.... who was asking for thast... Ronman helm thing, ill try making it tommorow...But what do acctualy a Roman helm mask look like

if you want it simple, just take the original head from Native, and leave just the face, then attach it to the helmet.

Back
Top Bottom