The men of Gunther-Piedmont ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Selothi

Baron
Hi there, D'Sparil, I was wondering if you had any backstory on those that come from "Gunther-Piedmont", I don't know, I just find them strangely cool, like professional gunners, and they've just got style. So yeah, do you happen to have any backstory on them, as with maybe the rest of the foreigners comprising the Lion Throne's huge armies.

Selothi said:
Hi there, D'Sparil, I was wondering if you had any backstory on those that come from "Gunther-Piedmont", I don't know, I just find them strangely cool, like professional gunners, and they've just got style. So yeah, do you happen to have any backstory on them, as with maybe the rest of the foreigners comprising the Lion Throne's huge armies.

I didn't think of a very elaborate story for them (yet). When I added them I thought of them as one of the northern provinces of the throne, bordering calradia and part of the calradian culture, as in being of "teutonic" origin like the swadians. To the west of Gunther-Piedmont would be the Lowlands. Ptia and Mylesia would be the northeastern provinces, bordering the khanate and the ormelis, hence their similar style of fighting as mounted skirmishers. Kara-Khitan would be to the south of those two, bordering them. The Brigade would come from Aurora, Celesis and Galius, much more to the south. The idea is that the Lion Throne sent the Brigade (their main army) and supported it with troops from their northernmost provinces, it could be said that there are still many, many more nations submiting to the Pope.

BTW some of these things are mentioned by farmers and townspeople when you ask for rumors.

At the moment they are just words, but who knows what the future will bring? I still have many litres of beer to drink  :razz:

Hehe, I guessed you wouldn't have a cart-load of lore, but I am surprised at the amount of it this mod has ! Anyway, thanks for that, it does help me to understand a bit more about the Lion Throne. They become more tempting to join day after day, but that religious zeal ...

I'm coming back to school today (I had a break due to preparations for a nation-wide contest of my native Polish language - but I'm still in the voivodeship level).

And this means DRAWING! :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom