The Mead Hall

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe, I was talking to Hróða about it because in theory I didn't think there'd be anything wrong with the Norðmenn against the Englisc. It would be easier of course, if we use the faction names as they are in-game.

Yesterday I missed that Englisc would be singular at any rate, so at the very least it should be Englisce. Englisc would only work alongside Norrœnt, "English (team)" vs "Norse (team)".

Meh, leave them be. Not everybody that loves this mod wants to know how these archaic languages worked, many just want to play as a warrior clad in period gear and have a nice melee along with our across the board gameplay improvements.

Which is totally fine and acceptable, because in the end that's what Vikingr really is. You have a right to care for the languages and many people appreciate advice regarding it, but don't be snobs about it either.

(my opininon)

I would prefer the normal english names like housecarl instead of swurdberend or earl instead of (what's it again, I forgot)

but nvm it's not my mod.^^

Harkon, I'm leaving them be. We were having a discussion about correct Old Norse and Old English usage, minding our own business, when people butted in to say nobody cared.

One Eye, swurdberend are not housecarls, and wisan are not earls.

hrotha said:
One Eye, swurdberend are not housecarls, and wisan are not earls.

Ah well, sorry. Nevermind. I just thought because Housecarl was replaced by Swurdberend and so on.

hrotha said:
I'm truly moved by the eagerness of the community to learn.

Seriosly I'm still struggling with modern English as American media has mis-directed me. Seriosly, I miss the spell-check as my writings nowadays are flawed like ****e.

I thought of contributing to Vikingr a spangen helmet, but I have been having problem after problem with it. OpenBRF deleted some of the faces to my imported helmet, and when I used back-facing faces, the lighting is all screwed up.

I'm still happy my first 3D model came out like this.

I am not sure which faces are disappearing. What program do you use for modelling?

It looks pretty decent for a first model by the way.  :smile:

jepekula said:
And hell, Hrotha. How the hell do you know old English?
There are books about it, even courses at universities and possibly other institutions.
With a decent linguistic knowledge as a basis I'm sure you can learn it self-taught.
Bruce Mitchell's A Guide to Old English is good for a start.

Back
Top Bottom