Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded

Aerational

Regular
Even if there are enough players "searching the same criteria" it rarely actually puts you in a server. I've been sitting here for the last 20 minutes watching the number go up and down, this has been an issue since patch. I've seen up to 10 people searching with my criteria and it never put us in a server. It used to put as little as 4-6 people into a server for warmup and attempt to add the rest before the match starts... it doesn't seem to do that anymore.

Also, players should have the option to search multiple regions at once... would probably help.

Are you still experiencing this issue?
Absolutely, yes.

I've also noticed that it has NEVER actually added more players during a warmup. It will add them after the game has started, but never ever ads a single player during the 10 minute warmup.

Furthermore, yesterday it put me into a game that started as a 3v3 and had already gone 1 round. I had been waiting for a LONG time and was definitely in the queue when it started. I asked the other players who had just been added with me and they said they had been in the queue for a long time as well... so it's like for whatever reason it's not taking all the players when it makes games and it doesn't really reliably make games even when it has enough players.

Last edited:
When you have a long wait with 8 players searching criteria, maybe ask if anyone in the game is in a 5 or 6 stack. That is usually when I find a long wait with 6 or 8 people searching, it's because the game won't start until the stack has an equal number of players queing against them. That is the only times I've encountered long waits past 6 or 8 players searching

I've seen the other issue you mentioned when it doesn't seem to let people in que into a game until round 1 is under way, maybe this is also relevant to a small stack in the que though causing a team balance delay?

6 stacks definitely have an issue queing, many times I've had 6 of us in que together... Slowly builds the que up to 12 and then seems to take the non stack of 6 solo ques into a game and leaves the 6 stack still queing with only 6 on the count again. I'm not sure if this is a feature to give solo ques a break from fighting stacks or this is some sort of priority issue. Because in all these circumstances the 6 stack is first in que and assumably would get in the game once the count reaches 12

If the game that is currently played finished its first round, the matchmaker won't place new players in that game. And if you search with a team (party) that also can block matchmaking from placing players. It tries to make sure everyone can play. IF there is no one searching enough to play a 6v6, the matchmaker reduces the number to 5v5, 4v4 and 3v3 eventually. That also takes time as you can imagine.

If the game that is currently played finished its first round, the matchmaker won't place new players in that game. And if you search with a team (party) that also can block matchmaking from placing players. It tries to make sure everyone can play. IF there is no one searching enough to play a 6v6, the matchmaker reduces the number to 5v5, 4v4 and 3v3 eventually. That also takes time as you can imagine.
Got it, so your saying those 6 solo ques have probably been taken into an existing 3v3 to fill it up, hence the 6 stack is left in the que alone again. Makes sense, cheers mate

OR vice versa, the system tries to make sure everyone can play. Being in a party can make sure you are in a game but also if the situation arises makes you wait as well.

OR vice versa, the system tries to make sure everyone can play. Being in a party can make sure you are in a game but also if the situation arises makes you wait as well.
All I know is there are many times when like 10 players are searching the same criteria and you still wont get in a lobby for 20 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom