The many issues i see with cavalry in MP

Users who are viewing this thread

In terms of cav in skirmish, taleworlds needs to give infantry the ability to couch the same way the riders do, that's only fair, and realitsic to how spear infantry actually worked historically, maybe make couching make inf slower too, something needs to be done all cav in skirmish owns inf too easily

Honestly if they just fix people starting couches when they are 2 feet away and other broken mechanics ****ty Cav use it would make the experience 200 times better. I love someone’s lance literally being held in a block but they click X for less then half a second and it kills me with the lance aiming at the air

Honestly if they just fix people starting couches when they are 2 feet away and other broken mechanics ****ty Cav use it would make the experience 200 times better. I love someone’s lance literally being held in a block but they click X for less then half a second and it kills me with the lance aiming at the air
This and other broken mechanics of couching are the largest issue (couching at a low speed, couching around corners, holding couch forever). A cav can rack up kills just by pressing x, that shouldn't happen. Couching should be a tool that is usable for cav fairly rarely, not one that can just be spammed everywhere, even around corners.
Cav is still a very strong class without couching, even on closed maps where couching was almost impossible good cav players would rack up tons of kills in Warband. I would argue that cav is probably easier than in Warband in most aspects, so it doesn't make sense to have such a strong couch mechanic.

I still want just some basic common-sense changes...

Like when a cavalryman flies off a cliff and slams face-first into a building, then the horse should die. I see cavalry escape situations by riding off cliffs all the time, and they just continue at full gallop afterward.

When a cavalryman has their horse shot out from under them and they fly 10 feet and are laying flat on the ground, their shield should not snap up to the defensive position when an arrow hits them. When infantry get slightly bumped by a horse and fall on the ground, our shields do not work at all. That's how it should be for cav.

@Callum

Are the developers aware that when a horseman falls off the horse because horse got killed, the shield instantly goes to the defensive position to block arrows, which is totally unrealistic?

Back
Top Bottom