The main menu guy is Olek the Old

Users who are viewing this thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandbl...t_realized_that_bannerlord_menu_scene_is_the/ saw this on reddit recently. Someone noticed the guy in the main menu is Olek the Old (Olek Kuloving's father, the guy who captured Dragon Banner at the Battle of Pendriac.)

When the imperials had had enough of us, they broke and ran for the ramparts. There, they threw darts and rocks and their cursed fire. We had to go up the ladders, one by one. Vandinslav was hit by a mace and went down; my father then went up, cleaving as he went, and rallied us and led us to victory. My father took the imperial dragon banner from dead Neretzes' hands - it's famous story - and but then the little prince Raganvad tried to claim it.

The most important part is that when Raganvad arrived, Olek The Old broke the banner. Meaning that the last holder of the banner is en present on the screen.

So basically.. is the Dragon Banner a straight full red flag? If this is true, can't you make it something obvious? At least put a dragon on it maybe?

That's pretty cool.

I'm guessing they just haven't designed the dragon banner yet. I've always imagined it looking like the Labarum with a dragon instead of the chi-rho. It can't be just made of fabric, how would it be "broken" into pieces?

I think the Banner would like a Vexillum, but instead of the Eagle would be the Dragon.... but, I never understood, because it eens the Insigna was the Eagle, since the major factions of the Empire display them

I think the Banner would like a Vexillum, but instead of the Eagle would be the Dragon.... but, I never understood, because it eens the Insigna was the Eagle, since the major factions of the Empire display them
i think it's because they need to make the game about not!romans.

i think it's because they need to make the game about not!romans.

I meant a logical answer for @Julio-Claudian , when asked how be broken into pieces? That's the kind of banner would come to mind since she has a haft made of wood that breaking in two would make sense insteal the horizontal one made of cloth...

But, yes... the Empire only draws inspiration, the game is not about them, I only asked about the Eagle, because the Eagle is the majesty of the birds, it's supreme above all others, the Eagle in Banner and as Insigna has many meanings not only just Roman :wink: Nothing Roman implied, just the Vexillum

But yes, the guy in the Menu could be Olek the Old, but hes wearing Imperial armor, so could be an important other character as well

I meant a logical answer for @Julio-Claudian , when asked how be broken into pieces? That's the kind of banner would come to mind since she has a haft made of wood that breaking in two would make sense insteal the horizontal one made of cloth...

But, yes... the Empire only draws inspiration, the game is not about them, I only asked about the Eagle, because the Eagle is the majesty of the birds, it's supreme above all others, the Eagle in Banner and as Insigna has many meanings not only just Roman :wink: Nothing Roman implied, just the Vexillum

But yes, the guy in the Menu could be Olek the Old, but hes wearing Imperial armor, so could be an important other character as well
Yeah, that's basically what I meant about the labarum/vexillum. Like this but a dragon on top:
1200px-Labarum_of_Constantine_the_Great.svg.png

I like the theory with the main menu guy being Olek the Old.

I noticed the pieces Imperial armor as well. But on the other hand , he also wears a Sturgian helmrt and a cloak we can't obtain atm - maybe it's fair to see his armor items as temporary design? The old Bannerlord Box design had the guy with the faceplate on it, who wears something that looks like a banner- or insignia like item (can't find a link right now). Considering that, I imagine him being Olek the Old as well. His armor and helmet strike me as Varangian-guard like in design, so possibly Sturgian in Calradian terms.

Edit: changed name to fit

Since Bannerlord has very sketchy weird shallow lore, I think no one cares at the moment. If they decide to come up with proper lore with better backstories, then we can start assuming about this stuff.
And about this argument, it's very unlikely - because that menu was in-game before the backstory added - unless maybe Armagan had something in mind before the story writer came to TW. But I would give my bet on the possibility that they have this as menu just because it looks hella cool.

And if you want to know how very very very old game menu was like, here is the image
9XmDoRB.jpg

yeah the dragon banner doesn't seem like an elaborate plan. they just wanted something that could loosely provide a game objective without destroying the sandbox

Since Bannerlord has very sketchy weird shallow lore, I think no one cares at the moment. If they decide to come up with proper lore with better backstories, then we can start assuming about this stuff.
And about this argument, it's very unlikely - because that menu was in-game before the backstory added - unless maybe Armagan had something in mind before the story writer came to TW. But I would give my bet on the possibility that they have this as menu just because it looks hella cool.

And if you want to know how very very very old game menu was like, here is the image
9XmDoRB.jpg
Damn, this is too Warband

Back
Top Bottom