SP Native The Magnificent Seven v.31 (for .704) *updated* 11/2

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancientwanker,

Congratulations on a most excellent modification to the existing Mount and Blade setup. I very much enjoy the party system in which multiple characters are the bastion of my army's might; however, if I may offer a small suggestion, namely that the starting levels of the companions rest around the fourth or fifth levels. In this manner, the characters may give the player the intended jump-start, but also allow him or her to manage the skills and statistic point allocations to his or her individual tastes.

Most respectfully yours,

Sir Bedivere

Glad you like it, it will look better once hugemod is out with new textures. As far as changing the levels you can do that yourself with the editor. I might lower the levels a bit but not down to 4 or 5. Maybe 8 or 10.

I was thinking of tailoring each hero to have a non-combat specialty as well: A tracker, A healer, etc. Maybe one who puts extra points into combat instead. At the moment their skills end up being mostly randomized above a certain core set. Ill think about it.

Heh, Bedivere was one of the knight heroes but I swapped him out at the last minute.

Hi.

I'm using the latest version that's just been released, and when I let go the knight guy that relaces marnids spot in the tavern (can't remember his name) , I asked him to wait for me at the four way inn, but he's not there! He's not at the tavern either!

Is he gone for good? Must I start again?

Also, where do I get galahad from? (the 7th npc)

Great mod. A couple of things:

1. Why are manhunters allied with the bandits? They're bounty hunters, more or less, and I'd imagine they'd be trying to hunt you down.

2. There's a bug, it may have been mentioned, when rescued prisoners are left on the map after a fight. They're hostile to you and will act like a hostile group, but when you interact, it's the same old "Shall I join you" dialogue

3. Have you considered allowing the bandit character to 'hire' bandits from the map? For example, if I walk up to some wandering sea raiders, I can negotiate to hire some of them to join my army. It's not very intuitive to get a diverse army of bandits using the current system, and this would add interaction with the bandit NPCs as well as way to hire units like sea raiders. I have no idea how feasible this is, though.

Edit: 4. When I attack peasants, it sets my faction with Swadians to -3 and Vaegirs to -30. Seems to happen every time.

Im using the latest version that's just been released, and when I let go the knight guy that relaces marnids spot in the tavern (can't remember his name) , I asked him to wait for me at the four way inn, but he's not there! He's not at the tavern either!

Is he gone for good? Must I start again?

Also, where do I get galahad from? (the 7th npc)

The four ways inn doesnt exist in Mount and Blade .703. Its a known bug with the current version of MB, not mag-7. Anyone you send there is gone and the place looks like a moonscape or a bombing range.

And the seventh heroes (now bujir_khan, aggravaine or black angus) arent in the game. I was going to put them in a new place, maybe even a randomized one, but I havent gotten around to it yet. Next version.

Great mod. A couple of things:

1. Why are manhunters allied with the bandits? They're bounty hunters, more or less, and I'd imagine they'd be trying to hunt you down.

2. There's a bug, it may have been mentioned, when rescued prisoners are left on the map after a fight. They're hostile to you and will act like a hostile group, but when you interact, it's the same old "Shall I join you" dialogue

3. Have you considered allowing the bandit character to 'hire' bandits from the map? For example, if I walk up to some wandering sea raiders, I can negotiate to hire some of them to join my army. It's not very intuitive to get a diverse army of bandits using the current system, and this would add interaction with the bandit NPCs as well as way to hire units like sea raiders. I have no idea how feasible this is, though.

Edit: 4. When I attack peasants, it sets my faction with Swadians to -3 and Vaegirs to -30. Seems to happen every time.

Glad you liked it.

#!, Manhunters can be hired from the bandits or the slaver, I dont see them as constables or sheriffs, especially since they level up to become "slaver chiefs". They just hunt whatever they are paid to hunt and a bandit chief probably has use for that. An example from a different setting would be Boba Fett working for Jabba.

#2, I didnt change anything with them, that might be an issue with M&B .703 but Ill check. If you are in the bandit faction they will act as if hostile to you as they belong to the commoners faction.

#3, Yeah, I thought about that. An option to hire them into your party, follow you around on the map or even attack them. I just havent gotten around to it.

#4, That sounds like a bug. I must have put the wrong code in, it should reduce your existing relationship by -3, not actually set it specifically to something.

It's allready a great mod but,
I have some suggestions for you:

1 You should make for all the 6 characters a mission just like the 7th NPC now (by the way where is he right now???)

2 When you capture a vaegir captain or brigand captain you should also receive some item for example boots like with the dark generals where you receive their blade. And the chieftan's helmet should be improved because now there are much better helmets so in't not very special now.

3 more diversity in the bandit missions and a mission where you can receive a lot of points in one time like capture a dark general cause their still your enemies.

4 You should receive a crossbow somewhere whitch is better then the ones you can buy.

Hope you do something with it.

Thanks for replying so quickly. I now know not to unrecruit any special units.

I only have one suggestion and that is to lower the starting level of the companions you can recruit. It would be more fun to all be levelling up at the same time, as well as being able to tailor your party.

It's allready a great mod but,
I have some suggestions for you:

1 You should make for all the 6 characters a mission just like the 7th NPC now (by the way where is he right now???)

2 When you capture a vaegir captain or brigand captain you should also receive some item for example boots like with the dark generals where you receive their blade. And the chieftan's helmet should be improved because now there are much better helmets so in't not very special now.

3 more diversity in the bandit missions and a mission where you can receive a lot of points in one time like capture a dark general cause their still your enemies.

4 You should receive a crossbow somewhere whitch is better then the ones you can buy.

Glad you like it

#1, Ive thought about that but Im going to leave it as is at the moment. I might try that in future though. It does seem a bit easy to have so many guys from the outset but it balances against the harder enemy armies, or at least its supposed to. I wouldnt try to make a bunch of quests like that until the tools are out though.

#2, ok, maybe ill add special rewards for the war captains and the brigand captains capture.

#3,ok, Ill try and think of some big ticket brigand missions. Previously I wanted to avoid super hard missions as you only have one source of missions with the brigands. Now though you can bribe the baron and cancel the mission.

#4, Ill think about it. On a related note, I was thinking of making the generic "brigand marksmen" into "brigand snipers" and giving them sniper crossbows.

Thanks for replying so quickly. I now know not to unrecruit any special units.

I only have one suggestion and that is to lower the starting level of the companions you can recruit. It would be more fun to all be levelling up at the same time, as well as being able to tailor your party.

You can always leave the heroes on the worldmap but sending to the inn is a bad idea in .703.

I was thinking of lowering the starting levels to 8 or 10 for the heroes but if you want it lower you can always use the editor yourself. They will never really wind up as your levelling contemporaries though as the player always blows past the npc heroes in levels.

Yeah, also noticed the merchant´s odd equipment. I saw the smithy had in his inventory the same articles he was wearing, so I bought them and nothing happened... but then I decided to try getting out of the town (just out of the screen, going to a Count´s room or a tavern makes the same effect) and coming back; and the merchant was without any armor, only his skin´s skins (wierd to say :???: ).

So it seems it works like Morrowind´s merchants (when you sell them something they´ll just wear it if it´s better than his actual equipment); they wear the best equipment they can manage to put on themselves (according to their strenght and equipment requirements) in the case of armourers... and I think the other´s (general merchants and smiths) just wear something randomly (if they can wear it according their own strengh atribbute).

Edit: sorry, I forgot it since I was concentrated on English-writting... great mod, I almost sttoped playing until you released M&B cause I liked it a lot and it was the base from most of other v.632 I also liked. Thanks.

Hugemod v3 will just replace some of the vanilla textures with new textures. At the moment there are about a dozen items that are new but use old textures. Swapping the textures will still allow you to keep playing the same game.

If I make any new items for troops with the new textures, they wont show until you start over. So at the moment you dont need hugemod v2 (it wouldnt work anyway).

there going to be changes in mag7 version when hugemod v3 comes out?

I will make some small changes to mag7 when hugemod is out. Other than texture changes that is.

Yeah, also noticed the merchant´s odd equipment. I saw the smithy had in his inventory the same articles he was wearing, so I bought them and nothing happened... but then I decided to try getting out of the town (just out of the screen, going to a Count´s room or a tavern makes the same effect) and coming back; and the merchant was without any armor, only his skin´s skins (wierd to say ).

Glad you like it. I think the armor wearing by the smithies is editor related as at least one other person had the problem after modifying things with it as well. Might have been an unknown issue with the previous version that changed some hidden values. Ill try replacing the smithy entries in the next version.

At the risk of sounding immensely stupid and computer illiterate (which I am) could someone please tell me where the mount and blade modules folder would be?

my computer> local disk (c: )> progrma files> mount&blade> modules if you have never been into your system files before you should get a warning message about not screwing with stuff, ignore it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom