SP Native The Magnificent Seven v.31 (for .704) *updated* 11/2

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the mirror, LL. I was going to wait until the bugs were fixed before bothering you but there shouldnt be too many anyway. Ill probably put out a fix tonight for whatever has popped up.

I HAVE FOUND A BUG!!!!!! well it might not be perhaps you wanted the smithy to cross dress.....

edit: i made a new character he wears his normal shirt until you sell him anything thats better... in this case a dress. looks like you somehow changed his inventory to be like marnid or borchas

I didnt touch the merchants. My guess is thats a side effect of random clothes and armor on the merchants from .703. It could be mag-7 in some really strange way throwing off the randomization but I didnt change any item orders or merchant inventories.

heh.

ah well even if its not a bug it makes me laugh whenever i go to zendar
edit: ive looked round through some more towns. all the smithys seem to have equiped the items in their inventory that definately didnt happen in vanilla

Hmm, I didnt touch them. The only possibility is that the editor may have changed them automatically. I noticed they were all wearing armor which seemed odd to me.

I just assumed this was a feature of .703. Did anyone see this before? The armorers wearing helms, armor and gloves?

Which faction missions are crashing? Assuming the missions dont crash its easier to get knights now in mag-7 than in vanilla. In vanilla you need to be level 29-30 but you can recruit them directly in mag-7 if your faction standing is high enough. Your level wont matter.

Yes the merchant thing started happening with .703

In my modded native they do that, but I didn't touch the merchents either.

I've come across merchants in a nordic helm a plate of coats and mail boots.
Alot of the armor smithys are armored now. lol.

I have experienced some faction missions crash on fetch x number of y type quests. Once I have the item and return it to the quest giver nothing happens in the game (locks up), when I alt+tab out I have a box that displays an error message, sorry I didn't pay more attention to what the error said, I will see if I can get a screenshot of it later today after class.

Ok, that should be an easy fix. Its probably checking for the quest number on those and its changed. Didnt see that before. Thanks.

dehotz said:
Are you selecting the appropriate Module when you first start the game(are you clicking on the drop down box and then selecting which one you want) ?

As I said I copied all three files to M&B/module as the readme instructed. Never got a drop down box so I know something is wrong even when I d/l´d again from LL's link. But no worries I'll eventually find what's wrong.
Thanks. :wink:

Just wondering, is there a way to change the genders of the Heroes ? I've tried it using the unofficial editor but the gender stays the same.

Just wondering, is there a way to change the genders of the Heroes ? I've tried it using the unofficial editor but the gender stays the same.

After you make any changes, you need to start a new game to see an effect. Thats for visual changes or stats, etc. Conversation.txt can be changed in mid-game though.

As I said I copied all three files to M&B/module as the readme instructed. Never got a drop down box so I know something is wrong even when I d/l´d again from LL's link. But no worries I'll eventually find what's wrong.

Yeah, that beats me. The pull down menu will be on the very first page that appears after you double click the MB icon.

yeah iahve the same the error whenever i do supply quests is RGL Error Unrecognized Consequence type 20501

I see what the problem was with the fetch-it quests. Looks like I mixed some .702 code in by mistake. Ill fix it and post it with the other bug fixes tonight. Nothing so far will prevent you from continuing the same game.

Are you meant to be able to attack river pirates,forest bandits etc when you have joined the bandit faction? For some reason I can.

Yeah, if you want to... I never bothered building a dialogue with them. I might put one in for all the bandits and cause you to lose relation points if you attack them. Whenever I start to do it, I say, "ahh who cares" and stop.

EDIT: okay, known bugs fixed. Version .21 is up. Theres a mirror up for now at the new repository site. It may or may not let you play an old save game of mag-7 v.20. The module system is picky that way. You might try renaming the v.21 folder to v.20 or try copying the contents of the new folder into the old one. The only important files are conversation.txt, quests.txt and troops.txt if you are updating from v.20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom