The M&B MP 'feel' from a veteran

Users who are viewing this thread

That video you shared is what we lost and it hurts to see. TW threw away what made the game great on its flagship title.

The f are you even talking about? You lost what? 2 dudes hacking at each other during a clan fight and talking through voip about it? Yea, you don't have that without dedicated servers, agree. But what kind of weird language is that "lost" :grin: Dedicated servers will come back, you know lol.

The f are you even talking about? You lost what? 2 dudes hacking at each other during a clan fight and talking through voip about it? Yea, you don't have that without dedicated servers, agree. But what kind of weird language is that "lost" :grin: Dedicated servers will come back, you know lol.
You do realize the community was that strong during warband beta before private dedicated server files were released correct? Or was that before your time.

The things we lost were several aspects that in combination culminated into an experience that brooded the community's growth and resilience. I don't know if you saw my original post but those are the things I am talking about. I'm not even talking about the combat; it's all the sub-systems. I can say in contrast to warband's beta/release, the difference in community strength within the game itself is staggering.

You do realize the community was that strong during warband beta before private dedicated server files were released correct? Or was that before your time.

The things we lost were several aspects that in combination culminated into an experience that brooded the community's growth and resilience. I don't know if you saw my original post but those are the things I am talking about. I'm not even talking about the combat; it's all the sub-systems. I can say in contrast to warband's beta/release, the difference in community strength within the game itself is staggering.

Yea, it was the same on an official server like it is now on dedicated one's, you know what I believe you lol. a dozen people who all know each others names meet in-game and talk through voip. You know why this is not a thing anymore. That was 200x now it's 2020 and we just got a ****load of new people playing this and NO you cannot talk to everyone on a server with external voip anymore, bc you don't know them and frankly possibly not everyone wants to talk to you. Times change, and you need dedicated servers for that particular experience now. And to come back to your rhetoric of "lost this and that" that's horrendously ridiculous to bloat out. Nothings lost, there will be that again, it's maybe "missing" but not "lost" and also last time I checked you can still log on NW with your warband buddies from when you were 11. Holy ****, this forum is aggressive.

Yes, but those are only the sort of "hard-set client-side mods" as far as I read it. Arma3 has the same, there are client-side-only mods and there are those downloaded from a server. I definitely hope TW goes this way, otherwise it would be a clear oversight and a crucial strategic mistake in my eyes.

There is no indication they're going that way - there may be some minor serverside things you can do as in Warband but nothing major.

There is no indication they're going that way - there may be some minor serverside things you can do as in Warband but nothing major.

There is EVERY indication they will go there. If you can write client-side mods you can write server-side mods. And as it's just code it doesn't need gigs being downloaded and the whole game is code, that is not minor lol. You can change more or less every aspect of gameplay (that they let you change).

There is EVERY indication they will go there. If you can write client-side mods you can write server-side mods. And as it's just code it doesn't need gigs being downloaded and the whole game is code, that is not minor lol. You can change more or less every aspect of gameplay (that they let you change).

There is no indication that this is how it will be.

Yea, it was the same on an official server like it is now on dedicated one's, you know what I believe you lol. a dozen people who all know each others names meet in-game and talk through voip. You know why this is not a thing anymore. That was 200x now it's 2020 and we just got a ****load of new people playing this and NO you cannot talk to everyone on a server with external voip anymore, bc you don't know them and frankly possibly not everyone wants to talk to you. Times change, and you need dedicated servers for that particular experience now. And to come back to your rhetoric of "lost this and that" that's horrendously ridiculous to bloat out. Nothings lost, there will be that again, it's maybe "missing" but not "lost" and also last time I checked you can still log on NW with your warband buddies from when you were 11. Holy ****, this forum is aggressive.
What are you talking about "Holy **** this forum is aggressive" lol, as though a sergeant has any idea 'how this forum is'. You started off with saying "What the **** are you talking about".

Pleasantries aside; NO, not everyone was on VoIP. FRIENDS were on VoIP. Those FRIENDS they made were in-game and on these forums. They developed those FRIENDSHIPS because the game had systems that fostered that type of interaction with each other from the start. Friends still do talk to each other on VoIP, however those relationships are not developing as NATURALLY in bannerlord as they did in warband because the subsystems do not work as well for that type of interaction.

Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean they are being aggressive friend. I'm not sure if you are used to communicating with people online regularly, certainly not these forums unless that is not your first account, but unless someone is telling you to piss off, they are not always being antagonistic towards you.

What are you talking about "Holy **** this forum is aggressive" lol, as though a sergeant has any idea 'how this forum is'. You started off with saying "What the **** are you talking about".

Pleasantries aside; NO, not everyone was on VoIP. FRIENDS were on VoIP. Those FRIENDS they made were in-game and on these forums. They developed those FRIENDSHIPS because the game had systems that fostered that type of interaction with each other from the start. Friends still do talk to each other on VoIP, however those relationships are not developing as NATURALLY in bannerlord as they did in warband because the subsystems do not work as well for that type of interaction.

Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean they are being aggressive friend. I'm not sure if you are used to communicating with people online regularly, certainly not these forums unless that is not your first account, but unless someone is telling you to piss off, they are not always being antagonistic towards you.

Not true, you're being aggressive by using that language "We LOST it dude, LOST it, not coming back, we all screwed, I wanna go back in time, OH HORROR" or something the like lol. That's a different form of aggression. You're inciting frustration and more aggression.

Not true, you're being aggressive by using that language "We LOST it dude, LOST it, not coming back, we all screwed, I wanna go back in time, OH HORROR" or something the like lol. That's a different form of aggression. You're inciting frustration and more aggression.
I feel you are attaching your own your definitions of word choice meaning, while inciting an extra emotion on your own behalf and pushing that as the common reception that all parties would receive.

People use words differently in different parts of the world, I use lost as an interchangeable word for missing, void, absent, lacking, etc.

As I said before; "Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean they are being aggressive friend".

Stop answering to that dude, it's absolutely useless.
If I mute or block this guy Metafa will it still show his posts, just no content? I dont want to be confused when someone is responding to his idiocy but I am unaware he posted? I agree, we should just completely ignore his posts or just mute him individually. He tries to get people banned here (look back in the forums, he does it a lot) and cries about aggression when someone doesn't agree with him, really no value added. What puts it over the top for me is how insulting he is towards dedicated WB community members while he misrepresents us and makes objectively false statements about the community. If you agree with me, mute and ignore him.

EDIT: Nm, I figured it out. Ignoring will hide their OP's and the content of what other members quote from them.

If I mute or block this guy Metafa will it still show his posts, just no content? I dont want to be confused when someone is responding to his idiocy but I am unaware he posted? I agree, we should just completely ignore his posts or just mute him individually. He tries to get people banned here (look back in the forums, he does it a lot) and cries about aggression when someone doesn't agree with him, really no value added. What puts it over the top for me is how insulting he is towards dedicated WB community members while he misrepresents us and makes objectively false statements about the community. If you agree with me, mute and ignore him.

EDIT: Nm, I figured it out. Ignoring will hide their OP's and the content of what other members quote from them.

Welcome to the brighter side, no more metafa, no more Tork, just people who actually speak some sense.

I genuinely feel half of what was originally mentioned will make its way into the game. People are just being impatient. Battle/duel will arrive as will private servers. (Any, if not all, that I mention could have already been said - just giving my 2 cents as a veteran MnB Warband player.)

I do agree that the lack of the "coat of arms" feature in Warband is an upsetting feature to lose though. It would be fantastic to have that back eventually, I generally do not see how it would be impossible or difficult to implement. As mentioned by the OP, it gave an aspect of "oh that guy" during games and allowed you to know who you were fighting. In another aspect, it allowed you to possibly take pride in a banner of your choosing that would grow over time.

(Throwing this in, give us an options in the settings to change the settings when a friendly player dies it is denoted as red and when a friendly kills an enemy it is denoted as green rather than the faction colors. This may seem minor, but I believe it is something that could go a long way for a lot of veterans that are accustomed to the old style of kill feed.)

As for the load-out option, I'm still trying to make my mind up about it. I'm currently sitting in the frame of mind of "why can't we have both?" type of deal. Make the player base that enjoys the new way happy and vice versa. I want to be able to run around naked swinging a 2her as a sweaty try hard.

Personally feel Battle and Duel servers should already have been part of the release. Clans are pointless without this feature. I can't ever remember joining a Siege, Team-deathmatch or anything like the God forsaken Skirmish server with clan members - it was always large battles in Battle servers and training in Duel servers.

I hope this is released soon.

Back
Top Bottom