The M&B MP 'feel' from a veteran

Users who are viewing this thread

you guys just listed all the stuff. i'm one of those warband mp only players , never touched the sp even if it was so good. now i'm lost , can't enjoy the siege/skirmish at all for like 2 rounds. i'm glad there's people like me that are not happy with the current direction of the mp and hope tw is recognising our statements.

Guys, there have been tons of threads like that in the beta forum during months, with countless incredibly well written and constructive criticisms. Unfortunately, the devs either didn't listen or made clear they won't change anything about these core features (premade class system, absence of battle mode, etc.). It's hopeless unfortunately.
The question is: why did they butcher the MP? There must be a rational reason behind.

+1 Current state of MP feels like a huge let down.

Warband MP survived this long for a good reason, so I dont really understand why they decided to butcher the whole system in such a drastic way.

Last edited:
The question is: why did they butcher the MP? There must be a rational reason behind.
I think they stated many times that they wanted new players to enjoy MP as much as possible. Don't really think that they give too much thought into their plans. Seems like poor analysis on the pre-dev stage. All these things mentioned in this topic were told to the devs even before the beta started when they published a blog about their intentions on MP. So I don't really think they're going to change core elements of their new MP.

I think they stated many times that they wanted new players to enjoy MP as much as possible. Don't really think that they give too much thought into their plans. Seems like poor analysis on the pre-dev stage. All these things mentioned in this topic were told to the devs even before the beta started when they published a blog about their intentions on MP. So I don't really think they're going to change core elements of their new MP.
I can't help but ask why they're being so stupid when there was such an aggressive backlash to their decisions....

And I'll never understand some of the things they've done to let new players have a chance. Give them armour! Ok, they just take more hits to die. Give them the best class! Ok, they run in and die instantly wasting their gold and a slot in the team. Stop snowballing! Ok, I still kill them just as easily with the **** stuff, I just have less fun.

And I'll never understand some of the things they've done to let new players have a chance
I don't understand even the problem. I started playing Warband in 2010 or 2011 when servers were full of new players. And even though I could die easily to more experienced players I had a lot of fun improving my combat skills, figuring out what equipment I should buy. Ranked MM would solve the problem entirely both for new and experienced players

They need to rehaul multiplayer ASAP i would say.

Kicks are now completely useless. I kicked a guy twice and swung immediately after, he still had plenty of time to put his shield up and then s key into a wall.

Plus because people turn so slow now, im able to run behind and stay behind a player and swing into their back, even though they are trying their hardest to turn.

Cav bumps are now ridiculous, while being good for single player vs bots in MP its very broken, especially as horses have the health of an tank

Archery is dumbed down to the point where everyone is legolas, and because people move so slow, everyone is a sitting duck.

Shield feel useless now, i just drop it immediatly in TDM and try avoid fighting with it in skirmish.

Ive played MP for 5 hours maybe and im just bored of it

-they didnt fixed the kicks since start of the beta
-we still dont have a Duel mode.
-we have global armor calculation system, not for body parts.they are not willing to fix nor change it because its supperior than warband :poop:
-the class system is just bad and they just force us to use it for skin selling purposes (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/potential-multiplayer-skins-leak.389623/)
-they are not giving server files or battle mode because they want us to play skirmish.They already know it is **** and if there was a battle mode, no one gonna play that so they are forcing community to play that :poop:.
-there was a lot of detailed explanation of problems game had and they just deleted that forum.

Honestly I can't believe that. This would be excessively stupid, and they would have become aware of it with all the criticisms during the beta phase. I think there are obscure reasons we will never know, which have to do with business (and I'm not referring to the potential purchasable skins).

EDIT: Wtf? Did I activate something?
isseee.jpg

Honestly I can't believe that. This would be excessively stupid, and they would have become aware of it with all the criticisms during the beta phase. I think there are obscure reasons we will never know, which have to do with business (and I'm not referring to the potential purchasable skins).

EDIT: Wtf? Did I activate something?
isseee.jpg

April Fools' Day

I agree with this post!
Classes suck, bring back customization
The combat is sluggish feeling.. especially swing/attack release feels delayed and slower then WARBAND
NEED our banners back! Its hard to keep track of my party even with hitting alt!
More custom servers

I don't actually have any problem whatsoever with the combat. Personally. I think its excellent.

Back
Top Bottom