The M&B MP 'feel' from a veteran

Users who are viewing this thread

One thing I noticed as well with this multiplayer that it's very counter intuitive to groups of people who play together or want to play together. A bunch of my buddies and I hopped on siege and we couldn't figure out who was who plus the chaotic spawns and it really killed the teamwork vibe, which for myself and many others is an integral part of the Mount and Blade multiplayer. The MP right now is sadly very disappointing and I know this is Early Access but it seems like the MP side of the game has regressed since Warband. Here's to hoping it gets better.

It's 2nd day and I'm already bored of playing skirmish mode with 6 people. I can't even get on a server with more people from my clan. Battle mode and dedicated servers have to come back asap.

I agree with you. Jess_the_Hobozerk, well written!

1.) Lack of Battle and Duel.

Yes, This is a little bit lame, Maybe those game modes will be added later? About those new game modes, I am not really a fan of Skirmish but I like the new Captain mode, really nice addition!

2.) Trading individual gearing for character classes.

Maybe they will add some more choices and gearing options for these classes in future? Now they seem a little bit boring.. To be honest, I don't remember Warband's gearing system well cause it's been ages since I last played Warband..

3.) Privately hosted dedicated servers.

I think this will be fixed sooner or later.

4.) Lack of coat of arms selection.

THIS! Coat of arms customization should definitely be part of the multiplayer.

I agree with you. Jess_the_Hobozerk, well written!

Yes, This is a little bit lame, Maybe those game modes will be added later? About those new game modes, I am not really a fan of Skirmish but I like the new Captain mode, really nice addition!

Maybe they will add some more choices and gearing options for these classes in future? Now they seem a little bit boring.. To be honest, I don't remember Warband's gearing system well cause it's been ages since I last played Warband..

I think this will be fixed sooner or later.

THIS! Coat of arms customization should definitely be part of the multiplayer.
As far as I've heard on the forums, is that the request for battle/duel game mode has been heavily requested since beta and TW has said no; forcing skirmish instead. I wasn't invited to beta unfortunately so I have missed out on most of the developments in that community until now.

Last edited:
As far as I've heard on the forums is the request for battle/duel game mode has been heavily requested since beta and TW has said no; forcing skirmish instead. I wasn't invited to beta unfortunately so I have missed out on most of the developments in that community until now.

If TW doesn't want to add those Duel and Battle game modes, maybe modders will make some mods and custom servers for those. Of course is not same as the official servers..

If TW doesn't want to add those Duel and Battle game modes, maybe modders will make some mods and custom servers for those. Of course is not same as the official servers..
To add on top of this, the statement that the community will just fix it later; while true, is problematic. It forces a splitting of the community from native where those that enjoyed the advantages of the game modes are segmented from the fresh faces. Faces that may have enjoyed it as well and engrossed themselves in the community, had they been offered it natively which inhibits the pool of new people.

Im sure the community will add it, but it should have been native.

Well written post. Warband MP was about freedom and uniqueness and that's what made its success to a large extent. Bannerlord MP is a terrible downgrade.

4.) Lack of coat of arms selection.
Again, this sounds trivial but it is a reoccurring theme where individuality has been snuffed out which will only do more harm than good to the community. Something as simple as seeing "Aww not that shield again" recognizing someone's shield coat that consistently beats you makes you pay attention to people rather than 'just another body in the way'.
While I've been concerned by the premade loadouts since the beginning of the beta, I became aware of the importance of this particular coat of arms loss very recently. Some hours before the EA release, I launched Warband for what I thought would be the last time and joined TG_Arena. There I killed a heavy armored guy and corpse-kicked him as I always do. It made him very angry and we quickly became ennemies, focusing on each other with a serie of duels, corpse-kickings, "ez" and other great stupid things. There was quite a lot of people on the server, including ones with similar armors to his. Nonetheless I could spot him from the other side of the map... thanks to his coat of arms. Uniqueness.
Such things which made the charm of M&B aren't possible anymore in Bannerlord. It's a disaster.

Well written post. Warband MP was about freedom and uniqueness and that's what made its success to a large extent. Bannerlord MP is a terrible downgrade.

While I've been concerned by the premade loadouts since the beginning of the beta, I became aware of the importance of this particular coat of arms loss very recently. Some hours before the EA release, I launched Warband for what I thought would be the last time and joined TG_Arena. There I killed a heavy armored guy and corpse-kicked him as I always do. It made him very angry and we quickly became ennemies, focusing on each other with a serie of duels, corpse-kickings, "ez" and other great stupid things. There was quite a lot of people on the server, including ones with similar armors to his. Nonetheless I could spot him from the other side of the map... thanks to his coat of arms. Uniqueness.
Such things which made the charm of M&B aren't possible anymore in Bannerlord. It's a disaster.
Appreciate your anecdote. It's scenarios and stories like that which make Warband so memorable and it's a shame to get it 86'd without good reason.

Long time no see, good to see you around still. I am still hopeful, but judging from last time around I am very worried about Taleworlds willingness to tune things correctly. I remember several discussions from warband beta and throughout its life where we as the dedicated community saw problems and put forward suggestions and pleaded for changes that fell on deaf ears which ultimately led to the abandonment of the the dedicated competitive scene. I agree with everything you said, and will still hold out for hope.

The forums already look like they did early in warband :wink:

I'm hoping the lack of post launch support on warband was because they started building bannerlord. And you didn't miss much in the beta, I hardly played it, a lot of people kinda wrote it off until patches for a lot of it. I just think in general they are behind where we'd think they be after 8 years unfortunately, still that doesn't mean it isn't slowly matching in the right direction.

Me and some guys from old warband times have managed to gather after many years. We used to play NW and other mods a lot. On the organizational meeting, I had to explain to them that for unknown amount of time, there will be no events or games with everybody. That sucked.

There are a few things they need to add to MP in my opinion. Having over 2000 hours played in warband and most of them played with a clan, I can say that Multiplayer for Bannerlord took a huge step back for what made it very unique.

1: The Ability to have an ingame name separate from your steam name. (if players decide to join a clan/team)

2. The Ability to change your banner while making your character.

3. Battle gamemode taken out of MP.

4. Matchmaking for siege. For this one, I can understand skirmish and Captain being in a matchmaking queue, but siege should be in the custom server list especially if you have more than 6 people that want to play.

5. Private hosted servers. (Confirmed to be added)

6. 120 players in siege. (Not sure if thats permanent when in warband it had 200 players)

Note: Not sure if they already confirmed these will be fixed or added later on.

One thing I noticed as well with this multiplayer that it's very counter intuitive to groups of people who play together or want to play together. A bunch of my buddies and I hopped on siege and we couldn't figure out who was who plus the chaotic spawns and it really killed the teamwork vibe, which for myself and many others is an integral part of the Mount and Blade multiplayer. The MP right now is sadly very disappointing and I know this is Early Access but it seems like the MP side of the game has regressed since Warband. Here's to hoping it gets better.
press alt key

There are good suggestions in this thread that are worth considering, I hope the MP aspect of this game is given the respect it deserves by the development as it is for a good amount of people what keeps a game going.

To add on top of this, the statement that the community will just fix it later; while true, is problematic. It forces a splitting of the community from native where those that enjoyed the advantages of the game modes are segmented from the fresh faces. Faces that may have enjoyed it as well and engrossed themselves in the community, had they been offered it natively which inhibits the pool of new people.

Im sure the community will add it, but it should have been native.

I dont see any other way than making cRPG 2. This will split the community the same way like it did in Warband. But since the multiplayer is that bad more Players will join right? TW is forcing that as hard as they could.

Back
Top Bottom