The lore of this game is just useless flavor text unless you do something about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

It doesn't. I wasn't saying that it does. I was saying that lack of respect results in poo slinging and leads people into making wrong claims to emphasize their argument.

I understand. I brought that up because such dismissal results in discussion not advancing. That's exactly why I think being civil is important. If the community in general was less toxic, people wouldn't perceive it as a bunch of toxic trolls who only insult the game unfairly. In turn you will get fewer "TW simps" that piss off the community. As I've said, fault in communication is on both sides.

Ah, I see what you mean and why you brought up trolls/etc. In that sense, I agree entirely with that statement. An unfortunate part of discourse, really, but a reality.

That was less than a one page thread...?? Lol -man you do you.
Interesting. I see pattern here If one wants to have his idea implemented by devs, thread must be less or equal to 1 page.. noted
I wonder why you guys think TW cares about the size of threads when they take suggestions?

Like, back when the devs were still sitting in streams of the game, on Reddit, 4chan, Discord, etc. taking suggestions, it was never threadnaughts they dove into. It was always like one guy making a suggestion, a few replies, then the dev would be like, "Oh, that's a good idea, I'll look into it." I think the only exception was mexxico and even he would ignore your post/suggestion if it was too long.

At any rate, I could've just picked the person in this very thread asking for Warband-style few lines of text next to a location in BL and claiming it would give this game what it needed.
Well, this is a language barrier or my understanding of immersion is wrong. Gameplay and immersion are intertwined for me.
Those are separate things, at least in English. When I play chess, I don't imagine I'm actually in a king's position, making medieval power moves. It is pure gameplay. When I read a book or watch a movie, I might be immersed but it is clear that I have no agency in the events, so no gameplay there.

Obviously, games exist on a spectrum in that regard but BL suffers from being basically a pure grind in the lategame and the lore being disconnected from everything. It was basically disconnected from Warband as well -- no girls allowed, but if you elevate Matheld, everyone is totes OK with it, honorable lords would burn your **** in a heartbeat, every single wife was a carbon copy once married, etc.
"People wanted reasons to visit the cities, Tw implemented barbers into the game, people still complaining so people are confused or not credible". What can I say? This way of thinking sucks, man.
People say they want pure immersion features, then promptly get bored because the game itself is still boring.

Last edited:
It's shallow as with many things in Bannerlord, yes, but it allows role play, which is my point. These notables enable you to imagine a world where there are several influential individuals in each fief, which reflects real life. The give quests that often have to do with other notables. That's role play potential.

I don't understand your point about buying slaves. I assume you think so because the simplified UI makes it look like we're merely buying them. I've always thought of it as the same in Warband. In Warband we asked the village elder if there's any people we can recruit. Now I just assume we're doing the same, but to notables instead.

Funny you mention the UI because to me that is the main difference with warband that makes it feel like a slave market. Its a shop ai like youre buying food in warband. You just click everything in a consumerist frenzy and then all these cloned abominations straight out of rhagaea's ***** become mindless soldiers who fight to the death and never go home, in return for the most laughable wages in calradia.

In warband they had an image of some guys holding bags with a text prompt saying "8 men volunteer to join your party". It wasn't much, basically the bare minimum, but it at the very least told you that these were human beings leaving their town to fight for you. It didn't just have a grid with images and prices to click on like some online brothel.

Don't get me wrong, i hated the recruitment in warband. It's such an unimaginative, lazy system that dragged the entire campaign down. But at the very least it tried to separate recruitment from the shopping, and give you the bare minimum of emotional attachment to them. taleworlds seems to have forgotten even this basic fact and removed the one thing that made the warband recruitment system even remotely passable, the UI.

I wonder why you guys think TW cares about the size of threads when they take suggestions?

Like, back when the devs were still sitting in streams of the game, on Reddit, 4chan, Discord, etc. taking suggestions, it was never threadnaughts they dove into. It was always like one guy making a suggestion, a few replies, then the dev would be like, "Oh, that's a good idea, I'll look into it." I think the only exception was mexxico and even he would ignore your post/suggestion if it was too long.

At any rate, I could've just picked the person in this very thread asking for Warband-style few lines of text next to a location in BL and claiming it would give this game what it needed.

Those are separate things, at least in English. When I play chess, I don't imagine I'm actually in a king's position, making medieval power moves. It is pure gameplay. When I read a book or watch a movie, I might be immersed but it is clear that I have no agency in the events, so no gameplay there.

Obviously, games exist on a spectrum in that regard but BL suffers from being basically a pure grind in the lategame and the lore being disconnected from everything. It was basically disconnected from Warband as well -- no girls allowed, but if you elevate Matheld, everyone is totes OK with it, honorable lords would burn your **** in a heartbeat, every single wife was a carbon copy once married, etc.

People say they want pure immersion features, then promptly get bored because the game itself is still boring.
Barber would be the last thing I would ever want in any game. Even after 10 🍻 and five shots that idea would never pop up in my head😁. It seems more like going for low hanging fruit.
Oh, we already have character visual creation at the start of the game. Lets put part of it into NPC so people can go to him to cut their beards like...never.
Oh, we have our standard weapons created in segments, so they can by combined together to create many version and be listed in one of numerous xml files. Hmm, what about implementing assembly of parts for player and call it a Smithing? New click in city menu, screen with some forge and long list of all items. Here you go player. Click-click-click like you have never clicked before ☝️

Oh, we have our standard weapons created in segments, so they can by combined together to create many version and be listed in one of numerous xml files. Hmm, what about implementing assembly of parts for player and call it a Smithing? New click in city menu, screen with some forge and long list of all items. Here you go player. Click-click-click like you have never clicked before ☝️
The hilarious part is that it was (allegedly) Armagan himself going full crunch-mode to have smithing ready to shipping, because he thought it was going to be such an important feature.

In warband they had an image of some guys holding bags with a text prompt saying "8 men volunteer to join your party". It wasn't much, basically the bare minimum, but it at the very least told you that these were human beings leaving their town to fight for you. It didn't just have a grid with images and prices to click on like some online brothel.

And it wasn't just the picture but the phrasing as well.
The volunteering adds a level of willingness that you don't get from buying them "at market".

Interesting to think how these seemingly small details add a level of emotion into the game.

I honestly think the UI for Bannerlord is way all over the place, and using it is a chore. Yes, it's got more UI than Warband, but "more" is not necessarily always good.

Of all the immersion features Taleworlds could have added, it had to be Barbers. Barbers make getting a different cut for your character a chore, because if you want a specific cut you have to travel to the other side of the world, as if any barber couldn't do it (i understand the cultural stuff, but, seriously, is annoying, also only Aserai people have curly hair? Lmao). There were so many immersion features that could have been added, but Taleworlds, being a terrible decision making company just doesn't understands what their game needs to be better. That's why modders have to save the day, all the time.

Of all the immersion features Taleworlds could have added, it had to be Barbers. Barbers make getting a different cut for your character a chore, because if you want a specific cut you have to travel to the other side of the world, as if any barber couldn't do it (i understand the cultural stuff, but, seriously, is annoying, also only Aserai people have curly hair? Lmao). There were so many immersion features that could have been added, but Taleworlds, being a terrible decision making company just doesn't understands what their game needs to be better. That's why modders have to save the day, all the time.
That was just my go-to example; cinematics are getting the same treatment right now.

Back
Top Bottom