The Lobby | Recruitment Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Pumpkin Lord

Hello there,

Well, I noticed we don't have a thread like this in Forge, where it is needed I believe. Instead of opening "Bla bla team is recruiting" or "Wanted" posts, this thread will be served to disposal of modders. It is also appreciated by moderation of the board and obviously something that is being used in other places like Forge, also appreciated by people there. So, I very much recommend you to use this thread for any advertisement of your project or yourself. Well then...

Basicly, system goes like this;

• If you are a project leader of some sort, you present your project here by explaining a bit about it, putting a few cool screenshots, what you are capable of and what you need. Remember noone is going to write you kickass codes just because you can draw a flower on a paper.
  • If you are a modder looking to work with a team, present yourself with your talents and stuff like that. I think some teams around could use some flower drawings though, not sure about the requirement here.

It is one'o clock and I need to wake up 7 hours later for the job, so that will be all for now. However, in future,  a categorization system may follow up for a more comfy look. We shall see.

Example submission guidelines;

Code:
Talents:
Projects worked on:
Note(Anything you want to add):

Code:
Project link:
List of the developers with their role in the team:
What is needed:
Note(Anything you want to add)

Modders looking to work(M-LTW)

-
-
-

Projects looking for modders(P-LFM)

The Veiled Stars

Project link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-veiled-stars

Jarvisimo (coder, 3D modeller, 2D guy, pretty much everything + starting to dabble in shaders)
Jonasspil (3D modeller)
Nicrlaitheking (Lore expert, invaluable reference finder + author)
Berenir (music editor)

What is needed:
3D Modellers
3D Modellers capable of creating vertex animations
Shader programmer with HLSL

The Red Wars, Calradia 1923

Project link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,300620.0.html
Fast Walrus - Scener, Texture artist, compiler
ScreamingCommie - Coder, comic relief
Merhabi & Alex, texture artists
What is needed:
- 3D modelers
- one or two coders
- Voice actors who can speak Chinese or Italian.

Note: As you may or may not know, The Red Wars is a relatively new mod that takes the native Calradia setting and moves it forward 650 years. It's a bit silly, in the way Command and Conquer Red Alert was silly. But it is still very interesting as it is a fairly new concept for a mod. Whether you're a novice who wants to test his skills or a veteran modder who wants to try something new, I'm sure you'll do great with us. Good luck out there everyone.

Battle for Yugoslavia

Project link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,276481.0.html

List of the developers with their role in the team(Currently active):
Sherlock Holmes - Level Design, 3D, 2D, Basic coding
Negast - Environment artist
RMOD-Dylan - 3D, 2D
Turtler - References

What is needed:
A skillful coder
2D Artist

Note: Skillful coder needed to implement more advanced shooting systems and artillery, with animations, particles, rifles and anything else of use being already made for him by the team.

Myth of a Legacy

Project link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,293099.0.html
Active:
The Dark Robin: Team Leader, Coder, Campaign map maker, and Scener
Frenzied_Crocoduck_Herder: Coder, Modeler, Scener
Michadr: Coder
xZEUS99x: Scener
Inactive, or at the very least haven't talked to me in a while:
Revspartan: Modeler and Texturer
Something Unusual: Coder
What is needed: Coders and 3d modelers.
Note: I enjoy scening, and Zeus takes my place when I am lazy. Most important scenes are already done, so, we have no need for new sceners at this moment.

Take care,

I'm always looking for 3D modellers to help out with LOTR things.

Right now actually I need someone who's good ay making vertex animated map icons.

Well, pretty fast. I just updated the OP with submission guidelines though, Jarvy. Better use that so I can add into the main post.

Project link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,293099.0.html
Active:
The Dark Robin: Team Leader, Coder, Campaign map maker, and Scener
Frenzied_Crocoduck_Herder: Coder, Modeler, Scener
Michadr: Coder
xZEUS99x: Scener
Inactive, or at the very least haven't talked to me in a while:
Revspartan: Modeler and Texturer
Something Unusual: Coder
What is needed: Coders and 3d modelers.
Note: I enjoy scening, and Zeus takes my place when I am lazy. Most important scenes are already done, so, we have no need for new sceners at this moment.

Dusk Voyager said:
This thread needs to be stickied before it can be buried deep below a billion billion useless threads, unfortunately.
Assuming it works as planned, which is far from given at the moment.

Perhaps it would make sense to write an outside script to trawl the thread periodically looking for specific markers and generate the actual situation. Would require posters to adhere to certain rules when posting their messages but, well, automation! :smile:

Thanks Belendor!, the modding section needed something like this. Anyway...

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,300620.0.html
Fast Walrus - Scener, Texture artist, compiler
ScreamingCommie - Coder, comic relief
Merhabi & Alex, texture artists
What is needed:
- 3D modelers
- one or two coders
- Voice actors who can speak Chinese or Italian.

As you may or may not know, The Red Wars is a relatively new mod that takes the native Calradia setting and moves it forward 650 years. It's a bit silly, in the way Command and Conquer Red Alert was silly. But it is still very interesting as it is a fairly new concept for a mod. Whether you're a novice who wants to test his skills or a veteran modder who wants to try something new, I'm sure you'll do great with us. Good luck out there everyone.

Project link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-veiled-stars

Jarvisimo (coder, 3D modeller, 2D guy, pretty much everything + starting to dabble in shaders)
Jonasspil (3D modeller)
Nicrlaitheking (Lore expert, invaluable reference finder + author)
Berenir (music editor)

What is needed:
3D Modellers
3D Modellers capable of creating vertex animations
Shader programmer with HLSL

Added. I also changed the guideline a bit, so two projects (TVS&Red War) may give out contact information too.

Lav said:
Dusk Voyager said:
This thread needs to be stickied before it can be buried deep below a billion billion useless threads, unfortunately.
Assuming it works as planned, which is far from given at the moment.

Perhaps it would make sense to write an outside script to trawl the thread periodically looking for specific markers and generate the actual situation. Would require posters to adhere to certain rules when posting their messages but, well, automation! :smile:
Belendor and I have talked about this and if it appears that the community is actively and continously using this thread, it shall be stickied.

Yes, it would be silly otherwise. Now it is all on the community.

Project link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,276481.0.html

List of the developers with their role in the team(Currently active):
Sherlock Holmes - Level Design, 3D, 2D, Basic coding
Negast - Environment artist
RMOD-Dylan - 3D, 2D
Turtler - References

What is needed:
A skillful coder
2D Artist

Note: Skillful coder needed to implement more advanced shooting systems and artillery, with animations, particles, rifles and anything else of use being already made for him by the team.

List is updated!

If anyone is interested to sign-up for any of the projects or feel like giving a hand, they are free to contact with that developer team. Feel like home.

Also seems like, noone is interested to present themselves.

I have a feeling there is going to be more projects looking for modders than people looking to work on a project ( if any at all ) :wink:

Probably because it's a modding community, not a job market. :smile: Assuming I wanted to join a team, what use would this list be for me? People join the teams because they like the mod or the idea of a mod. And if they do like a mod, they probably already know where it's thread and/or subforum is, and whether or not that mod's team is actively hiring.

That is a good reason. However, I still want to keep thread active for a few more days. Ehm if it doesn't work out then, well you know how they say.

Back
Top Bottom