The Last Days v2.4 (for .808) ---Next Release Date Unknown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DaBlade said:
No, no Twitter :smile:

There are very good reasons why we don't give much sneak previews.
i think they do not want to be sued by ea for making such a cool lotr game without copyrights...

The main reason is the fact our stuff has been copied/used by other mods in and outside the M&B comunity. We'd hate to see our new concepts being used even before we get the chance to release the mod. Even though we usually can "force" those mods to at least give credit to the TLD team, it's always an unpleasant process which also will keep whoever is taking care of it away from working on the mod for a while.

There you go.

COGlory said:
Who (outside of the M&B community) has used your work?

Can't exactly remember the name of the mods right now (without looking for them), but I had to go to the TW Center forums a few times already in order to resolve that kind of issues.

I have to say I'm a great fan of your mod guys. Probably the best LoTR mod I have played (Fourth Age TW come close second), I'm one of those that can wait almost forever to see the next version coming :smile:

Speaking of Concepts and such stuff; I'm pretty sure I had seen some amazing in-game screenshots of Galadhrim swordsmen clad in mail somewhere. Where can I find this picture?

Beorn of Carrock said:
I have to say I'm a great fan of your mod guys. Probably the best LoTR mod I have played (Fourth Age TW come close second), I'm one of those that can wait almost forever to see the next version coming :smile:

Speaking of Concepts and such stuff; I'm pretty sure I had seen some amazing in-game screenshots of Galadhrim swordsmen clad in mail somewhere. Where can I find this picture?

You're probably talking about those posted in the first TLD for 1.011 preview:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,57963.msg1497454.html#msg1497454

We have new concepts for them which haven't been posted yet.

DaBlade said:
Beorn of Carrock said:

You're probably talking about those posted in the first TLD for 1.011 preview:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,57963.msg1497454.html#msg1497454

We have new concepts for them which haven't been posted yet.
Yes, I was referring to them. This is exactly how I imagined Lorien Elites, with scale mail armor being a Noldor influence :wink:

GetAssista said:
TwojWujek said:
Just wondering - do you guys plan to implement special sky-boxes for TLD in order to portray the clouds and fumes of Mount Doom Sauron created to cover his marching armies from the sun?
Yup. And more :smile:

I am very exicted, especially about "and more" bit!:smile:

A thing I noticed and wanted to ask about - the balance as far as armour goes.

Obviously, as with 0.808 you will have many types of armour, in general varying from light to heavy. I guess in history (only my guess) , the higher the person was in rank, wealth, status the better armour he could afford. Unfortunately, in M&B  better mostly means heavier, and in a fantasy world where many of us players try to roleplay a certain  character or a faction that seems problematic. Body armour I must say usually leaves some choice - often heavy armour is really heavier so the player must sacrifice much of his speed in favour of protection. However, helmets, boots and gloves are a different story – heavy models provide much more protection and the weight increase is minuscule, e.g. heavy full helm will weight 2 units (dunno if its kg or lbs) more than a hood but will give much more protection. Obviously, we are free to wear in game what we want but occasional insta-kill with an arrow in between the eyes or to a foot is very likely to enforce a change of habits, especially when one uses realistic saving. This way players are forced by the system to wear heavy helmets and boots ( as well as heavy gloves to make up for the lost protection if they have chosen a lighter body armour), often quite incompatible with the type of character they intended to play. This may not be a problem when one plays a Tower Guard archer, which is supposed to wear shiny stuff, but becomes one when somebody would like to play other light-weight archetypes (or not necessary light weight – as I recall Gimli is described as wearing only a traditional dwarven hood most of the books, except Helms Deep battle I think). Maybe the problem is that nothing more than satisfaction is gained and much is lost by equipping a light set of armour (e.g. my guess is in reality some heavy helmets or gloves would prevent effective use of a bow etc). Or maybe my vision is twisted by the movies and games where half-naked heroes and heroines chop down entire armies with 2h swords doing backflips and somersaults and the progression of every type of character should be from light to heavy? How do you handle it in new version of TLD?

You already answered to several of those questions yourself :smile:

It's only logical the fact you need to sacrifice speed in order to get better (read heavier) protection. We want to make the mod as balanced as possible, while keeping in mind the roleplay is a very important part of it. We have several ideas about implementing some realistic restrictions regarding armor and stuff, but most of them still need to be fully tested.

Αnother question: Which is the highest armor Northmen, Woodmen or Dunnish units have available?
I mean, Elves have scale mail, Gondor partial plate and such; do their units even upgrade to chainmail?

DaBlade said:
... and furs... and a nasty smell... :razz:
smell is though exclusively for PC-s that do have smell generating module installed.

We tried emulate smell on regular PCs but burnt ceramics/plastic of different sorts does not approach *that* smell near enough  :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom