The Last Days v2.4 (for .808) ---Next Release Date Unknown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just downloaded v.808 of M&B and boy it sucks.
No siege , no flags. This old peace of crap with good mode on it.
With v.808 this mode sucks, kinda boring have to eliminate freaking loot of armies to bring down enemy, and the worst part i that there is no camping while out of town.
Got bored quickly , and for god sake port damn mode already.
Sorry if i offended you or wrote something wrong , it's just because i lack knowledge.

I think it's the only mod that forces you to do something. It puts some goals to your game + a great atmosphere. I do not know much mods where I could play for a long time. When I gather a strong army still I want to play further. That is something which makes this mod more attractive.
This mod is unique.

I like mount and blade and I like also The total war series in this kind of games. can I suggest you to take a look on the mod Third age for medieval 2 total war. It focus on the lord of the ring universe this mod is amazing also and  accurate for the location of the cities and many cities on the map are present its also a very bad ass mod who include  Dale, dwarfs, Rhun, isengard, Mordor, Harad , Eriador, High Elf( rivendale, gray haven, Mirklond)  , Sylvan Elf ( from the mirkwood forest ) , Gondor, Rohan, Gobelins of the mistys Montain  .12 factions. 

And I know your mod will be bad ass if he ever exit  let call this a total conversion its more than a  mod anyway I prefer the terms a total convertion game :p

Your concept Art are godly very nice job im a 3d modeler and a 3d artist also but work full time already :p.

Many maps are on the net, many maps comming from the books and article of tolkien you can check for names. In any case good luck  lord of the ring universe is the best kind of mods we can have for mount and blade anyway, its dark , light, and bad ass in same time without too much of magic.

and sry for my english its my sec language

Agorix said:
I like mount and blade and I like also The total war series in this kind of games. can I suggest you to take a look on the mod Third age for medieval 2 total war. It focus on the lord of the ring universe this mod is amazing also and  accurate for the location of the cities and many cities on the map are present its also a very bad ass mod who include  Dale, dwarfs, Rhun, isengard, Mordor, Harad , Eriador, High Elf( rivendale, gray haven, Mirklond)  , Sylvan Elf ( from the mirkwood forest ) , Gondor, Rohan, Gobelins of the mistys Montain  .12 factions. 

Gobelins? Yeah, those a pretty badass.

Oh - and go play FATW, please, and learn what Middle Earth should really look like.

In Vain said:
Gobelins? Yeah, those a pretty badass.

Oh - and go play FATW, please, and learn what Middle Earth should really look like.

Third Age: Total War is just as good. It even has a fellowship campaign. And by the way Gobelins is either a tapestry factory or the name of a family of dyers.  :smile:

Ah, mea culpa. In German, the term is used as a word for tapestries in general, although that's historically incorrect. Nevermind, then :wink:

However, Third Age: Total War is Battle for Middle Earth ported to Medieval 2.

Peter Jackson's movie was a good movie, and he plainly states that he made the movie to the way that he had envisioned middle earth even though his vision and Tolkien's were very different.

The third age total war is a very good mod even though it does "follow" Jackson's movie.

The forth age was also a very good mod, but it follows the makers of the mod's vision of middle earth which is closer to Tolkien's(but not quite exact) more like this mod does, which is also a very good mod.

The only part of jack-sons movie that bugged me was honestly the plate armor, and even then it was not the plate armor itself but rather the huge culture gap between the races of men.

Gondors equipment and culture resembled 15th - 16th century Italian with some Byzantine throw in the architecture,  while Rohans was more of a 12th century Lithuanian one with some older Saxon style equipment and architecture thrown in their for good measure, and I know alot of people liked the way the movie was done and as I said i did enjoy it, but for a history nut like me thats just way to big of a gap in the cultures, especially considering that Rohan is right freaking next door to Gondor and had been for quite sometime( I'm not 100% sure when the people of Rohan actually moved to the land of Rohan but I think its been about 500 or more years by the time the fellowship of the ring takes place)

the only other race of men from what few we see in the first movie in the town of Bree appear to be 13th -14th century French or English in the architecture of their buildings and dress, once again too much of a difference from the other two for my tastes.

What I think he should have done was made Gondor's army more like a 12th century Italian or Byzantine army, and if he had to give them plate armor thats fine but do the same for Rohan's equipment as well, maybe base them off of 15th - 16th century English or Danish equipment or for that more cavalry style Polish or Russian but once again this is if you 'Have' to have the plate in the movie.

EDIT: I just remembered that the book does mention plate armor, but it is only worn by the Swan Knights of Dol Amroth, and it does not go into specifics so for all we know the plate armor could have been a breastplate worn over mail Roman Triarii style, which is how I personally envisioned it when I read the book.

see wathca want to say there..
AR217A_Spaulders.JPG

but i would prefer  gondor with a partial plate, such as here...

Merlin_25.jpg

Fenix_120 said:
EDIT: I just remembered that the book does mention plate armor, but it is only worn by the Swan Knights of Dol Amroth, and it does not go into specifics so for all we know the plate armor could have been a breastplate worn over mail Roman Triarii style, which is how I personally envisioned it when I read the book.

Imrahil has a metal bracer, that's about it.

Kmovies said:
AR217A_Spaulders.JPG

Merlin_25.jpg

that's stupid. The whole Merlin show is awful.

Merlkir said:

And our heavy DolAmroth armour has a metal bracer and pauldrons.

Merlkir said:
that's stupid. The whole Merlin show is awful.

The ever sensitive and tactful artist, known as Merlkir. :grin:
But our Gondorians still kinda look like that.

In Vain said:
Ah, mea culpa. In German, the term is used as a word for tapestries in general, although that's historically incorrect. Nevermind, then :wink:

No way. There aren't spider riders, for example, in  TATW. And sure, the units may be based off the movies, but why is that so wrong? I also heard that they got tons of concepts for units and things from this mod, TLD.

Kmovies said:
AR217A_Spaulders.JPG

Merlin_25.jpg

That is indeed a roman style breast plate but the one I was speaking of is closer to the partial plate you mentioned.

this is a pic of a Triarii from Rome:total war, Sorry for the shield but only pic I could find on short notice :smile:

triarii.jpg

Beregond said:
In Vain said:

there are many lore innacurate things, but you're generally wrong

You are wrong, by a longg way. And Beregond, try RR/RC, it's got alot of other sub-mods included, including alot of lore ones. Not to mention it also makes the game alot better :smile:

Alas! I'm sorry for starting that OT discussion and causing disturbance  :smile: Basically, with
I referred to TATW's movie style, which - for me - just doesn't represent Middle Earth as it should look like. Still, I think FATW is the more accurate and in-depth modification. But that doesn't belong here.

Furthermore, I agree with Merlkir on
Merlkir said:
[/spoiler]
I was rather disturbed by the thought of the Swan Knights wearing plate. Looking it up, all I could find was Imrahils polished vambrace.

TIDM2 said:
Third Age: Total War is just as good. It even has a fellowship campaign.

Which isn't released yet.
But to my mind the Campaign is awesome with one of the highest level of RPG you can gain in Medieval II.
This is only possible by tons of Scripts... the testing of them was really annoying. But back to the Topic: I also looking forward for TLD, even if i like more the Style of the movies/Third Age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom