The Last Days v2.4 (for .808) ---Next Release Date Unknown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcus said:
I understand that this mod is EXTREMELY well done and has TONS of work on it. The only thing I'm concerned about, due to the M&B engine, is it's ability to recreate the immense and beautiful world. I don't feel a sense of lacking in other mods because they don't have the ridiculous amount of story and depth behind them. However, fortunately, LOTR does. Does it feel like you are just picking a side and getting into a few brawls in LOTR armor, or does it capture the struggle between the two forces of evil and good?

for the existing version, a bit of both.  It's undeniably the world of Tolkien that you move through, but yes, the interactions are a little limited, as the game engine and AI can only let them be.

However, the team were always very strict on using proper Lore (ie, staying true to Tolkien's works) so I'm hoping that the likes of the misntrels and travellers will provide some golden nuggets of Tolkien when you do talk to them.

Don't get me wrong, its good stuff already:  No game will ever offer the immersion to truly replicate Middle Earth, or let you fall into a trance-like sleep in the Entwood.  But if you want your realistic combat game to have a decidedly Tolkienesque feel, TLD is for you.

TLD is not really about wandering through the landscape. It's about hastening through the landscape, longsword in hand, blood-lust in your heart, and Orcs in your sights...

Marcus said:
I understand that this mod is EXTREMELY well done and has TONS of work on it. The only thing I'm concerned about, due to the M&B engine, is it's ability to recreate the immense and beautiful world. I don't feel a sense of lacking in other mods because they don't have the ridiculous amount of story and depth behind them. However, fortunately, LOTR does. Does it feel like you are just picking a side and getting into a few brawls in LOTR armor, or does it capture the struggle between the two forces of evil and good?

I believe the TLD for M&B .808 version already had that, in the sense you'd get the feeling you were into something bigger than you. The fact it was also the first mod in which factions could (and would) get wiped out also added to the sense of urge and of a world getting changed regadless of what you do.

We're always thinkig of ways to make TLD even more emmersive, and suggestions about ways to improve it are always welcome.

hi!, im new here, but i have taken my time in reading chunks of the forum so melkir wont go all melkir on my ass  :lol:, so no "when will this be released" or "why no plate armor" or any stupid million time answered questions.
  I am curios, what is your work on the dwarves?? and Moria?? i was never especially interested in dwarves but the idea of fighting in mines and under mountains makes me all exited and stuff, i dont know ir its possible, or how big the mines would be, but i hope its awesome.
  On that theme, being a artist myself i like your artwork (melkir) alot and even thow i doubt very much that the balrog will be implemented i would love to see your take on it!

Man...I just did the oddest thing.  I wouldn't call myself an idiot when it comes to computers, but I'm not completely proficient either.  So...when I am on my old computer, I just click the icon that says M&B and then select The Last Days, and it takes forever and I am super bored while things load, then have lots of fun for a little while, then accidentally click that I want to walk around a town and sit there for another minute and so on.  So, I thought to myself, aloud, why don't I just do a clever thing and a grab the program files where I saved The Last Days and M&B .808 and put them on my flash drive, and then...when no one is watching, put them on my new computer, which is much faster and has a dedicated video card...well...I did!  So...I did the thing where I manually activated my game...and it should all be working...and it does...man, it loads so much faster...only...once my little icon guy appears...I can do everything normal, except walk anywhere for more than a second, at which point my little icon guy disappears from the face of the map, and I can no longer click on anything but Quests, and the only other screen I can get to is the Main Menu.  I normally would not be too troubled by this, I figure my little guy can handle himself, but...apparently he is still walking somewhere and there is time passing, and I didn't put any food in his food slot...so, my fellow is starving out there somewhere.  Anyway, I was wondering if there is some obvious important file that I am missing that is causing this unusual behavior...or something else that someone more computer proficient would be able to suggest.

I am kind of assuming this has something to do with The Last Days, or version .808...since 1.011 works pretty normally.

Thanks.

-Grocat the Bewildered and Enthused

It's hard to say what might be wrong.

Is .808 the only M&B version you have in that computer? And can you play .808 native?

I'll not be helping with technical issues here, sorry. Better to keep them all in the same place, so post your problems here:

http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php?topic=902.0

I'll do my best to help you :wink:

Grocat said:
-Grocat the Bewildered and Enthused

the only thing that springs to mind for me, (sorry Dablade for doing techhelp stuff here) is that you have a character over level 6?
And this new computer, you haven't activated your M&B license key?

I'll stop now...

and for Saxdude - there was stuff about dwarves recently.
Regards the Balrog - I believe it will not appear, but who knows, if the Dark Forces establish control of Moria, perhaps there will be a cut-screen with a 'balrog' illustration?

Right, not the best place for it I suppose. :smile:  Still, in answer to your questions.  It is the only version, and I can play .808 Native just fine.  :???:

@ Amman - I activated it, and can play .808 just fine.  Just not TLD... :smile:  And besides, Level 6 isn't the problem, I can't get past second two in TLD.

I'll carry this on to MDX though.

Thanks!

-Grocat

this mod is not going to be out anytime soon i swear back i nthe day ther was talk of october and now its just crazyy and they still wont give out any information on it...

Madnes5 said:
this mod is not going to be out anytime soon i swear back i nthe day ther was talk of october and now its just crazyy and they still wont give out any information on it...

we give plenty of information, just not in this thread.

Oh, come on people. Be grateful these guys are doing anything at all. If you want it to go faster maybe you should ask them if they need any help, and in the case they do, give them help.

I hope that I will not just be stoned, or otherwise offended.
But I wanted to ask, with what time frame we can expect to release about? Weeks, months, years? I do not really matter how long it lasts, because I'm sure the modders do their job well, but a rough period, I would like to know.

For those of you who might have missed the TLD Christmas preview, here's the link:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,88598.0.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom