The Last Days v2.4 (for .808) ---Next Release Date Unknown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN the new version is out... starting to feel like not much is happening on that front. I'm sure it will be good when its released and what not. but meh, intresst has gone down. many newer m&bers dont know what it is.
used to be THE mod, now its like the uncle who never visits.

ech..you guys can't see it, but things are definitely moving. Moving quite a lot, much more than in the past few months for sure.

So...  Here's a silly question...  Which version is 2.4 good for?  The three different pages that this links to (Taleworlds forum, Unofficial Repository and MBX) all have it listed for different versions.  I know it will work for v .8, but will it work w/ v 1.01?  Just thought I'd ask here.  Thanks, in advance.

UberFunk83 said:
So...  Here's a silly question...  Which version is 2.4 good for?  The three different pages that this links to (Taleworlds forum, Unofficial Repository and MBX) all have it listed for different versions.  I know it will work for v .8, but will it work w/ v 1.01?  Just thought I'd ask here.  Thanks, in advance.

No, version 2.4 only works in M&B .808; that's what it was made for.

well, how good is/was TLD ??

In terms of playability and game fun factor, TLD for version 808 was as good as native 1011, without question.

In terms of gameplay, plot if you like, and strategy, TLD for 808 is streets ahead of native 1011.

If the same degree of improvement is applied to native 1011 to produce TLD for 1011, then it will be truly awsome.
A game to teach your children.

Merlkir said:
ech..you guys can't see it, but things are definitely moving. Moving quite a lot, much more than in the past few months for sure.
well, if you take into account that we didn't see any movement in the previous few months at all, that must be true. :grin:

It's been awhile so I thought we'd post some screenshots of the next version of TLD.  In the next version we are expanding the war to include the far north and have added another five factions or so to the previous set.  The older factions are getting facelifts but I'm just going to show a few shots for this early preview.

From far beyond the sea of Rhun come the descendants of the ancient Wainriders; The wild men of Rhun.  Comprising a loose confederation of tribal bands, which include the Balchoth and other Easterlings, the men of Rhun have long served the power of Mordor.  Now, after years of preparations, they have been loosed to strike the northern flank of the Free Peoples at a critical hour.  Riding agile horses, hurling javelins, brandishing scimitars and spears  and shouting their odd barbaric battlecries. They bear weapons and armor strange to the west, some fight almost naked. Animal fetishes and great horned helms suggest they worship animal gods and spirits in addition to the cult of Sauron himself. Will the shieldwalls of men and dwarves hold against the black rain of their arrows?

Khand is a land of plains to the east of Mordor. Little is known about Khand and its people. We know that they used to be great horsemen who could even compete with the Rohirrim and often fought in alliance with and even against the wainriders of Rhun. Now they're coming in great numbers and death trails in their wake. Mighty warriors with great axes, spears, tulvars and their most fearsome weapon – the heavy kataphrakt cavalry. Few have lived to tell what lies behind the dreadful variag warmasks.

Some of the lothlorien update:

Mount Gundabad orcs:

These are only a selection of units from a selection of the newer factions.  Most of the expansion factions are close to finished but it's still wip and some things will change. I'll show some other factions next time.  Maybe updated stuff from Gondor and Rohan, maybe Dale. The release date is still a few months away (before you ask).  I probably won't answer many questions because I either dont know the answer or don't want to say. :lol:

I'm not doing elaborate credits in a ss thread but credits to the usual TLD suspects (above: Brutus, Dablade, Merlkir, Octoburn & a little from myself)  and especially our new guy Brutus, who has done a ton ****load of great stuff for the expansion.

you ungrateful basterds! :grin: always asking for an update..and when it comes, one reply? tssss.

This looks magnificiently glorious. I'm shocked I missed all this.  :eek:

Great job so far, I can hardly wait even though I have to.  :smile:

Wow, that looks better than words can describe!  Can't wait to see those wargs in game!  Now I'm having quite the dilemna...do I wait for this release? or do I install .808 and the 2.4 version?  Something tells me, I'll be installing a second M&B version, because this is way too exciting to wait for.  Thanks for the sneak peak!  And I'm enjoying the ass-end of the forums...cool stuff lurking around these parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom