The Last Days v2.4 (for .808) ---Next Release Date Unknown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive never seen them die either but I have heard a few reports about them vanishing when you leave them on the worldmap.

Another possibility is that they are standing inside some of the new icons. I think Thorgrim put some mtns inside some of them but others you can still walk into I think.

It is something I heard from mag-7 as well though.

no, i didnt mean they can die, i ment i dont want them to die in this mod(but am not that botherd) lol thats y i put a :sad:. sorry for the confusion

I personally vote against it whole-heartedly. The only..ONLY advantage of a hero party would be the fact its unkillable...most people as it stands only use heroes as fodder for the INT skills which while making your army much better make your own PC much weaker...the other option being a solo/hero party game in which you actually strive to develop each hero into a powerful warrior himself. Now if you took away their ability to survive battles, who in their right mind would choose a hero over a say stack of 20 master yeomen of gondor?

Its just something Im trying out. At some point Im going to post the locations of all the variables and routines to change the war elements or take out the hero death, etc.

The death risk is low and is something that can be avoided by not sending them into combat with major wounds. There is a major wound system, obviously, which lowers their stats in various ways if they get one. THe more of those you have, the greater the risk of death in combat. There are several ways I experimented with to get a major wound but at the moment its not very common. I could do it several different ways but Im trying it this way first. Its supposed to be an additional penalty for getting your ass kicked.

The reason its included is my experience with mag-7. If you had all the heroes you could take on the biggest hosts, get knocked out with all your heroes, wake up and attack them again right away. Eventually you win. This update introduces the mag-7 problem as there are about 30 heroes but if you attack over and over now without a cool-down to heal the major wounds, you will get your heroes killed.

Very interesting. I'm really looking forward to the next release.

Maybe you can add a few true immortals to the npc roster. Just a couple, give em distinctive names too. Make em hard to get.

I was going to reserve that status for maybe a nazgul if I ever included one. But if the death thing doesnt work out its a very small change to pull it and just keep the major wound system without death.

Ahh, when you put it that way it seems much better. Awesome mod man keep up the great work, I bet our next M&B update is delayed cause the boys are playing Last Days :lol:

I hope there will be! Also this mod becomes better and better it seems, i cant await to play the next version! :roll:

Yeah, the previous leaders of the harad, corsair, dunlander and easterling camps are now the heroes for them as well. They also get names in this one. I wont be able to work on getting it ready today though, maybe tonight.

Could you add a question in the beginning, like the "save without quitting"-one?

I have an idea of how to do this but Im not sure if it will be in this one. Id also like as many people as possible to test the injury and death system, even if I make part of it optional later.

forsport said:
would it be possible to make somewhere for keeping the prisoner.

Can't answer your question, but I'm begging to know if that face of your avatar's usable in the mod. The undead orcs don't work very well.

i have posted the link for the face texture and Ancientwanker said that he will consider to use it for the orc. iuse it for the uruk
however the texture is used on the male mesh not undead mesh since the undead mesh is too thin that it dosen't look like uruk !
how about my orc face http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5275/rw6hq.jpg

forsport said:
i have posted the link for the face texture and Ancientwanker said that he will consider to use it for the orc. iuse it for the uruk
however the texture is used on the male mesh not undead mesh since the undead mesh is too thin that it dosen't look like uruk !
how about my orc face http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5275/rw6hq.jpg

Could you give little instructions how to change the undead into that fine skin you made? Oh and that orc skin rules, absolutely.

It would be really cool if player models could also be changed and/or made. I've always thought the orcs to be short, but sturdy and tough as hell. Little like dwarves, but with a different kind of body(so that any resemblance can't be found, except for both being short). Crooked and short legs, long back and strong arms. Like years and years of really hard work.

Gohanks said:
Is there still an arena or coliseum? What's a good way to make gold in this mod?

The arena was removed but is going to be back in the next version.

A good way to make money is to do missions. Most of them pay money when you complete them.

Raltar said:
Gohanks said:
Is there still an arena or coliseum? What's a good way to make gold in this mod?

The arena was removed but is going to be back in the next version.

A good way to make money is to do missions. Most of them pay money when you complete them.

and lots of it. I've yet to complete a quest that gives me less than 1000g as a reward. Capture the nobleman quest gives you 1000g as I recall, and destroying an enemy host quest gives you 6000g. That plus the loot you get, you should be doing fine.

The bad thing is that some of the quest are awful to do. Like collecting equipment. I had to roam Gondor(I'm rohirrim) for a few days to get that god damn fifth awlpike. And capture enemy captain is a pain in the ass, usually because they are leading large armies.

Nahkurin orsilla tavataan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom