The Last Days v2.4 (for .808) ---Next Release Date Unknown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cutting and pasting with fur is a pain, it starts to look like paper mache. Obviously you could finish it up and make something but it would still be too horsey to pass for a warg.

Maybe Saruman cross bred wargs with horses. heh. Warg-hai.

Ok, just fyi, Ive got trial mock ups of quite a few faction textures and am nearly complete on final ones for the haradrim. Im going to start the coding this weekend and see if I can get a barebones one up and running.

Wont be anywhere near a release though at least until the texture importer from Noo8 is available.

Is there a thread about the texture importer? I would be very interested in being able to add custome textures without replacing default ones.

Theres no thread that I know of, hes just mentioned that hes making one in the past. Last I heard he was having some difficulty with some part of the code.

Im working on the coding. Did some new factions last night. Ive got about half the textures I want at the moment. The final roadblocks will be Noo8s texture importer but Im not quite ready for it yet.

Will you be making a custom map with the new editor for the first release or is that for later?

Yeah, theres no way Ill release it with a standard map. Im building it on the old map though, with the cities currently moved to final relative positions, then Ill do the map last and switch over all the cities and spawn at the last minute.

Hopefully the map editor will be even better than it already is by the time I get around to a final map.

I cant wait until this is released!!

Now im into modding, but I've learned a lot about how the game engine works, and I just wonder if the orchs are going to have differint animations so they move as orchs do? Its not necessary, and as far as I know its not possible to do, but is it so?

Sorry, wouldnt have a clue how to do that and Armagan has said that changing animations isnt possible with the tools. There are probably some very complicated ways around that, like everything else, but it beats me how.

I would like a slightly non human animation for moving orcs as well... oh well, ive got enough to do anyway.

Hmm... Nice so far. But I agree with Ancient, no plate! I think Gondor soldiers should wear a leather vest, a chain coat that goes down to the knees, and a tabard with a white tree. Also they should have leather vambraces. And maybe a plate helmet. Their weapons are most likely long swords and tall tower shields with the white tree.

The Gondorian "Honor" Guards however should wear plate. A plate cuirass, plate gauntlets, plate boots, and chainmail everywhere else. They should also have a long blue open blue robe with the white tree on the back. Also, they should wear the "Winged" helmets. Their weapons are long pikes and tall tower shields with the white tree.

Rohan should wear lots of leather and wood. Wood shields and wood "plates" on a leather coat. On the plate the Rohan insignia should be engraved. Also it should be painted on the shield. They would most likely wield pikes, pitch forks, small swords, and sharp pointy objects.

Rohan mounted units should wear a long chainmail coat, a tabard with the Rohan insignia, and a chainmail helm. They should attack with short swords, javalins, lances, and shields. The lances should be one-handed.

Mordor... Mordor should have The Nine. Perhaps a single Nazgul in each army? They should ride black horses with red eyes, wear black robes with a pitch black "face screen" and wield short blades.

Also, Mordor orcs should wear leather or chainmail vests and rough sandals while wielding anything and everything except crossbows and fine weapons.

Trolls would be cool...

Saruman should have Uruk-Hai and orcs. His orcs would be exactly like Mordor orcs but his Uruk-Hai are much different. They wear long chainmail coats, wield long swords and short swords, along with a crossbow, and have a plate helmet, boots, and guantlets.

Note, I am just saying what "I" think they should look like...

-Dvd

Yeah, ive been to FATW on and off for months, checking on their progress. I like their hide orc shields, need to get a model to support that though.

Hmm... Nice so far. But I agree with Ancient, no plate! I think Gondor soldiers should wear a leather vest, a chain coat that goes down to the knees, and a tabard with a white tree. Also they should have leather vambraces. And maybe a plate helmet. Their weapons are most likely long swords and tall tower shields with the white tree........

Well, I am using lots of chain, as far as theh rest, I have to stick with what the models support well. Well see what happens. Oh, and no to nazgul for now. They would just be imbalancing and difficult to do properly. Same for trolls, hobbits, dwarves etc. That would require new skeletal systems and models at the very least.

There are two shields that you can put different textures on that are not used in game at the moment. The square shield and the bronze shield. Might not be what you want Ancientwanker, but you might find a use for them. I am currently using them. If you need the model name let me know.

Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom