The Land of Change (RP Map - Version 2.6)

Users who are viewing this thread

The Land of Change.

Welcome to The Lands of Change, stranger. Here you start off as a poor peasant, in the village of Pinecraft, looking for power, wealth, raids, and honour.

The concept.

The map itself is based on four castle factions, from which three have their own village. Here, everything depends on how well you defend your village and organize your workers. If the enemy manages to step inside, then your kingdom is about to be lost. The whole economical activity is fully concentrated in the countryside, even the worker training stations, like it should be in real life. Thus, you can get the unique chance to live the true life of a kingdom. Besides that, the resource prices differ, depending on region. In the desert, wooden materials will be expensive, while the ore keeps a low price. In the steppes, instead, ore resources are much more valoured. That said, trading between villages for a profit is possible. Note 1: Villages have some defesive facilities, with their advantages and disadvantages so having some troops guarding them is a plausible idea. Note 2: Items are factionized, so it's easy to recognize a player's kingdom. Note 3: You can cut wood only near the woodcutters' hut.

The Civilian Trading Guild.

This land features a wooden village, which can run pretty good by itself, thanks to the smithy, mine, woodcutters' hut, the two wheat fields and the vineyard. The military activity is low due to the lack of strategical interest. Though, it can prove to be an easy target for outlaw groups, in case there isn't a well organized popular guard.

Advantages: It is a completly separate land, which has a low risk to be raided.
Village defensive facilities: None.

mb1fv.jpg

mb2nb.jpg

mb3dg.jpg

mb4h.jpg

The arabian lands.

The land is composed of a castle, a village, a woodcutters' hut and a mine. The landscape allows a deep control and overview. Despite of that, the village is very exposed to a possible foreign exploitation and military presence, due to the nearby ruined fort and swadian land. So it's better to keep it defended, otherwise, you can lose the power very quick. The castle itself situated of a mountainous region, which can prove to be a pain to attack.

Disadvantages: Low ore price; complex and dangerous mine; no stick bushes.
Village defensive facilities: Medium (two buildable siege shields on top of the houses).

mb5j.jpg

mb6ci.jpg

mb7co.jpg

The steppe lands.

The land can be proud of a thriving village and woodcutters' hut with an excellent economical ability, but a relatiely small and weak castle. The isolated landscape makes it one of the most safest kingdoms on the map, also, the village can be defended in an easier manner. The biggest present issue is the mine, which has to be shared and exploitated along with the swadians - a thing that can lead to serious consequences if the two lands are at war.

Disadvantages: The mine has to be shared with the swadians; weak castle.
Village defensive facilities: High (two buildable siege shields and some climbable small walls)

mb8d.jpg

mb9j.jpg

mb10q.jpg

The swadian lands.

The land stays on a heavily mountainous region, which makes its castle a threat to the enemy. The village, though, has almost no defensive facility and is exposed to two major kingdoms, thus putting the economy on high risks. Like it wasn't enough, it shares the mine with the khergits - a problematic thing too.

Disadvantages: The mine is to be shared with the khergits; exposed village; only one grain field.
Village defensive facilities: Medium (village wall cover).

mb11p.jpg

mb12r.jpg

mb13i.jpg

mb14y.jpg

mb24.jpg

mb25s.jpg

The ruined fort.

The ruined fort is a mystical place located on a high, mountainous and lonely island. The waves of the ocean drive back every enemy and is a hard target. It features no village, no mine and relatively a low economical facility, N0body knows what happens inside the castle. It is said that prisoners are instantly tourtured with a rack.

Disadvantages: Low choice of weapons; weak economy; no village.
Defensive facilities: High (vast natural cover and the lack of a backdoor).

mb15z.jpg

mb16x.jpg

mb17b.jpg

Overview.

mb18.png

General landscape features.

mb19p.jpg

mb20j.jpg

mb21hn.jpg

mb22j.jpg

mb23p.jpg
Some screenshots are outdated.

Warning: Nobody can edit the map without my permission or advice!
The map was updated for 4.2, but works with the newer versions too.

See my other works:
- Conquest Map;
- The Islands of Fortune Map (outdated);
- Knock-knock: Enterable houses for PW mod.
Enjoy my cringy map names.
My contributions:
- Revival of the first ever PW map: Oceania;
- Overhauls for the RCC version of Valley of Swamps.

Roteroktober said:
Swadian Man at Arms said:
[...]you will be able to cut wood only near the wooducuter huts and RP hunt animals near the hunting ones

Hunt animals ? Like in TWW ? Ohhhh please :mrgreen: !

He said RP hunt them.

Give villages capt'cha flags.

Otherwise, those castle bastards will get complacent in there behind their walls  :lol:

If you're gonna make them in a triangle, why not make a Steppe castle in the middle, with plains all 'round? But on a sort of plateau. I'm not sure where I'm going with any of this. But yes, good luck on the new map!!

Ok, I decided to break the chain and post the unfinished Village 2 and some of its surroundings. It has an upper main area, a bazar area (which includes the so wanted slave shop) and a farming one. I tried to make it as realistic and detailed as possible.

(Outdated screenshots)

I still have to polish it, add a wheat farm and set the proper resource prices.

Of course. Do you know the Forest Ambush map from Native ? This one will get such places too.

Edit: The map doesn't even have a basic terrain, It's just 5% finished.

Looks like a righteous map!

Farming implementation would make this map = orgas-mo!

But yes; best of luck on the map, old chap, I look forward to playing the finished product!

Niiice. I have been waiting for a long time for a slave trader shop. I am thinking of reopening a new Slave Trade...

Back
Top Bottom