The ladders worked, the towers worked, the AI worked, everything just worked

Users who are viewing this thread

Scripted...there is just no other explanation.
You will be surprised but it's not scripted. Although it was far from perfect and this was their best shot.

Additionally isn't half their workforce interns anyway ?
No, that's not the case. They do have interns but not even close to 1/4 ratio.

Also Hardmode Fan, most of TW employees are not contractor but a full-time employee. Of course, TW can still fire them but this is also a legal burden if you don't have any solid reason to fire someone.

No need to hate a TW. It's how Game industry works.
Good thing is that the modding community receive communication from Devs from time to time and suggestions/questions are answered and actions taken. Other companys don't bother to do any of this. Why everyone is seeing only negativity, hmmm ... its how human nature is.

No need to hate a TW. It's how Game industry works.
Good thing is that the modding community receive communication from Devs from time to time and suggestions/questions are answered and actions taken. Other companys don't bother to do any of this. Why everyone is seeing only negativity, hmmm ... its how human nature is.
"Why do you only see the negativity in TW lying and selling us on an idea of a product they don't actually intend to make?"

Oh sorry right, human nature, we're the problem for not enjoying being lied to.

Also justifying it with it's just how the game industry works is like asking us why we're mad at this thief that stole from us because all thieves steal.

To be fair, they fired the guy doing these videos. Now he is unemployed, I hope you are happy.
Yeah I remember Lust, and I don't think these videos were his "fault" at all if you can call it that. And he was actually just as silent as the other TW employees are now so I've got no idea why they would fire him.

To be fair, they fired the guy doing these videos. Now he is unemployed, I hope you are happy.
If you don't do your job correctly you should be fired. I don't know who made these or if it was just their fault so I'm not going to say he/she should be fired. But if you can't do your job correctly why would the company keep you?

Ok.. you think the studio chose to delete the good version and replace it with the bad version?
We all saw problems with huge games from big companies, and we knew that some games have been re-developed more than once,
Of course, something went wrong during the development period, especially since they are using a new engine.
I think the game will be better and we will be surprised by the release time (in a good way)

I think the game will be better and we will be surprised by the release time (in a good way)
No one thinks it might get worse in the next 9 months.
There's no reason to be surprised if they are releasing patches regularly and that won't change by release - they need the free testing. If they had something nice in store they wouldn't keep it a secret, the PR guy is eager to push good news, any good news.

@1:46 Whoa I didn't know they had an estus flasks in the early build?
I know it's just for show but I also worry that they use heal cheats when testing stuff, would explain why armor and damage is so slow to be changed.
Seriously though, he gets hit constantly the whole time... would have died like 20 times in current game on normal damage without any heals.
Yeah never mind fixing the reason WHY players can't fight in a siege, just cheat to make it look good.

Jesus christ this company sometimes seriously...

The bow, however, did not work. It's strung backwards. An eye sore to real traditional archers and a shame coming from Turkish developers who's culture is deeply rooted with rich history of archery.

I think it was a different version of the engine. Strange that in the previous version the AI worked fine...
Unfortunately at the moment the AI in Siege is very very stupid, it spoils the gameplay of the game very much. The siege of cities and castles happens all the time. And constantly have to watch the same situation with the stupid AI.
I think that the AI needs to be fixed first of all because you are constantly playing with the AI

@mexxico Can you please comment on the Siege AI ?

Last edited:
There is obviously alot of interesting context and history going on with Bannerlord's development.

Why is the game so half-baked after all these years? Why are they still debating whether or not to include features that were present in Bannerlord's crusty, autistic predecessor from 10 years ago?

M&B needs more, more, more and everyone at this point is begging for the minimum essentially.

Here is a presentation from 2014 btw:

I got killed by a rock inside a gatehouse more times than I would like to admit.
i´ve conquered almost half of the map in my recent run latest patch and i´ve seen only 2 times the AI using rocks at the second gate.
Most of maps my troops stand still and i have 100 to zero the second gate
Troops still dont use ladders at 100% capacity
Defenders sometimes start running out of the castle when both gates are down
Defending archers should be more dynamic, they just stand there shooting (sometimes just looking), they should hide behind the battlements after each shot or crouch or move a little...

Watch this gameplay guys, it's from 2016 as well:

The campaign was there, graphics where more or less the same, they even had the gang mechanics... 100+ people had 5 years to work with what we saw here, I'm honestly speechless.

It's a shame honestly. I prefer how this version looks more like warband. The backgrounds in all of the menus, info boxes, loading screens, and interactions just give a warband feel. It makes me realize how different the current version feels compared to previous games.

All of the clothing, armors, and objects looked more like warband from a stylistic sense too.

Shame that the version will never see the light of day.

call me an optimist, but i still believe in the great game that is still ahead of us...it will just take longer than we all want to. Just thinking about the modding community, even if these siege bugs will be present in the final version, im betting 20 denars that some talented individual will have this fixed within weeks

Back
Top Bottom