The ladders worked, the towers worked, the AI worked, everything just worked

Users who are viewing this thread

call me an optimist, but i still believe in the great game that is still ahead of us...it will just take longer than we all want to. Just thinking about the modding community, even if these siege bugs will be present in the final version, im betting 20 denars that some talented individual will have this fixed within weeks
They had like 8 years to make this game, missing basic functions like a functioning siege AI is crucial considering it's one of the main selling points of the game.

They had like 8 years to make this game, missing basic functions like a functioning siege AI is crucial considering it's one of the main selling points of the game.
I disagree on that, the function is definitely not missing / functioning....its just buggy as hell

theres no evidence they actaully started in 2012 they just announced it was being made then (dosnt mean they started that year)

..I've been playing for three weeks - works mostly fine, every setting at max. Been through dozens of sieges, don't see what the issue is (1.5.8 )
Really? all ladders being used, siege towers not completely broken, defender AI correctly reacting to threats instead of just running to the walls and even climbing down the siege towers?

Please upload you game version for us, sieges in mine are a complete cluster**** and the main reason i've stop playing for now lol

Really? all ladders being used, siege towers not completely broken, defender AI correctly reacting to threats instead of just running to the walls and even climbing down the siege towers?

Please upload you game version for us, sieges in mine are a complete cluster**** and the main reason i've stop playing for now lol
Maybe we found the chosen one who got the QA version of the game? :wink:

The video appears to be the modified Warband engine game that they scrapped. Look at the archery, health bar and damage reporting. Listen to the sound the woman makes when she falls in battle. They should have finished and released that version of the game as Mount and Blade II and then they could have started work on Mount and Blade III.

Remember what they said at Gamescom 2016: "We hope to have the game out, in some form, by the end of the year." We could have had the game in that video in 2017.

The video appears to be the modified Warband engine game that they scrapped.
It's not. The engine is the same engine, unit interactions, ragdoll and all others were the same. This version of the game wasn't too far away from what we have now actually. The video isn't scripted but it was their best shot and "showcase" map. So they changed some stuff to make it work for AI (Example: no elevation or whatsoever. Castle itself is plain normal Warband castle because AI doesn't do well on different elevation scenarios) And still, that version was extremely buggy and raw.
Of course, UI is completely revamped and changed in 2018 or so, which is already known as far as I know.

call me an optimist, but i still believe in the great game that is still ahead of us...it will just take longer than we all want to. Just thinking about the modding community, even if these siege bugs will be present in the final version, im betting 20 denars that some talented individual will have this fixed within weeks

Optimists are rare on the internet.

0% chance I purchase any future Early Access product from this developer. Unlikely I purchase any future game at launch either. At some future date I might purchase dlc that enhance vanilla at low price if TW fix this mess.

They #’d up, severely. Yet both critic and player reviews tell us the game is great.

What should they have done? Better they release what they have and fix it up as best possible. TW is just an incompetent developer, not devil or savior. People put too much faith in them by thinking they are above big studios or failure.

0% chance I purchase any future Early Access product from this developer. Unlikely I purchase any future game at launch either. At some future date I might purchase dlc that enhance vanilla at low price if TW fix this mess.

They #’d up, severely. Yet both critic and player reviews tell us the game is great.

What should they have done? Better they release what they have and fix it up as best possible. TW is just an incompetent developer, not devil or savior. People put too much faith in them by thinking they are above big studios or failure.
How many hours do you already have in bannerlord? Imo if you reach a certrain amount of hours with an ea title, there is little reason to complain. The played hours are basically proof you had fun, if you didnt like it, most likely everyone would just stop playing after 20 hours at most. But from what i have seen, many people have their playtime in the hundreds of hours....now saying that this game is sooooo bad is really criticism at a very high level. I totally agree that the game is far from perfect and progress is really slow, but with the fun and the many hours i had with the game, there is no reason to distrust future projects or rant about some unsatisfying parts of the game. Looking at other companies like bethesda or blizz, where by now only the money is the reason for their existance and they have fallen so low from former glory, tw is far from it. But as i said, my opinion...

How many hours do you already have in bannerlord? Imo if you reach a certrain amount of hours with an ea title, there is little reason to complain.
That's like saying a bad divorce was worth the few years of marriage. A marriage that was sustained on the hope that she will change for a better future that never came.
Now she took the kids and the house and you are still praising her because she made you stay with her for such a long time. There are two four letter words describing this mentality.

That's like saying a bad divorce was worth the few years of marriage. A marriage that was sustained on the hope for a better future that never came.
Now she took the kids and the house and you are still praising her because she made you stay with her for such a long time. There are two four letter words describing this mentality.
I mean its completly your choice to compare something so major and life-changing like a marriage and kids with a simple videogame but ok, i guess. Staying with the analogy: will you be depressed and sad after you decide to "divorce" aka abondon the game? Have divorced people not a right to think back on happy times of their marriage? Do you feel like bannerlord is taking your "kids and house" for having currently unfinished and buggy content? I think by now you see that this comparison is a bit too dramatic / absurd.

The amount of hours played doesn't alas to how much fun you've had, Bannerlord in particular is a very grindy rinse and repeat game, count in amount of time you're moving from point A to point B, in-game loading times and how long it takes to actually progress.
How many hours do you already have in bannerlord? Imo if you reach a certrain amount of hours with an ea title, there is little reason to complain. The played hours are basically proof you had fun, if you didnt like it, most likely everyone would just stop playing after 20 hours at most.
But I get where you're coming from and with most cases you're right, however this sort of game in it's genre, and most strategy games in it's sense you will need to put in a hefty amount of hours to even truly explore the whole grand scope of the game and it's content, once they have though, that's when most peoples disappointment kick's when a game such as bannerlord is severely lacking in working features or features at all.

You can't play 20 hour's of bannerlord and decide, yeah i've explored everything this game has to offer and I no longer like it. For a grand sandbox game those are baby numbers.

Last edited:
I mean its completly your choice to compare something so major and life-changing like a marriage and kids with a simple videogame but ok, i guess. Staying with the analogy: will you be depressed and sad after you decide to "divorce" aka abondon the game? Have divorced people not a right to think back on happy times of their marriage? Do you feel like bannerlord is taking your "kids and house" for having currently unfinished and buggy content? I think by now you see that this comparison is a bit too dramatic / absurd.
I don’t have many hours because I enjoy the game but rather because, initially, I wanted to help the devs to make it better, which means you have to understand it better. That requires knowledge about the game you only acquire by playing it. A lot. For the second half it’s just been a fruitless attempt to save the interest I had in the game by trying new things, installing mods and trying to make new troop trees. All of this because I can’t let go of the game I expected for so many years growing up...

I don’t believe to have received my moneys value. Yet.

The amount of hour's played doesn't alas to how much fun you've had, Bannerlord in particular is a very grindy rinse and repeat game, count in amount of time you're moving from point A to point B, in-game loading times and how long it takes to actually progress.

But I get where you're coming from and with most cases you're right, however this sort of game in it's genre, and most strategy games in it's sense you will need to put in a hefty amount of hours to even truly explore the whole grand scope of the game and it's content, once they have though, that's when most peoples disappointment kick's when a game such as bannerlord is severely lacking in working features or features at all.

You can't play 20 hour's of bannerlord and decide, yeah i've explored everything this game has to offer and I no longer like it. For a grand sandbox game those are baby numbers.
I see your point, maybe the 20 hours were on the low end. But what i originally wanted to state is if someone has lets say around 300 hours of gameplay and then is posting that tw is an incompetent developer is not really fair, for me this doesnt add up. It may be the frustration speaking, but why be all negative before the game is finished?Ill be the first to rant and question future products from tw if this would be the final product, but deciding that in ea just doesnt make sense for me. I bought the game wolcen in ea, and this really didnt work, there was not much content, there this sort of criticism would be more fitting, i played it for maybe 2 hours and left it there....but bannerlord is way diffrent, we are getting something for the price we paid imo

Back
Top Bottom