The Knights Of Vlandia

Users who are viewing this thread

ebdanian sucks at both games and should be considered a traitor to the NA scene

@the WPL banter yall were missing tito and we were missing Theo, who had the highest number of kills in the tourney at that point (i think boogy points that out in the stream). Without our star inf i ended up having to change our entire closed map strat in the 5 minutes before we started.

@the general thread, gonna reiterate what some other players have said and acknowledge that while everyone appreciates banter, the level of hubris that after 3 weeks VK claims to be the best NA clan because no one has beaten you according to your own specifications (I.e. "that team of VK players wasnt our BEST team so it doesnt count"; "we had a rando that queued with 5 of us so it doesn't count"; "they had a rando with them so they didn't have an official team so it doesnt count") grates on a well entrenched community that recognizes bragging rights dont start until after the first tourney win.

Unless TW takes an active hand in running tournaments (which i doubt will occur in NA), then the tourneys will be hosted and ran by the NA community. Speaking as an ex-GK, I can assure you that its far easier to impact the community discussion by working with other clans/teams than withholding yourselves because you feel you don't mix.

In the question of unabashedly claiming to be the best NA, y'all can claim that title as long as ulyou want, but expect people to laugh at you (rightly so), because the rest of us have logically come to the conclusion that until there's an official tourney there's no universally-agreed-on metric for determining "the best".

Lastly, I'm given to understand that the majority of your clan come from NW. On one hand I sympathize, because for the longest time NW got 0 respect from the native community, since whenever an NW team would attempt to compete in a native tourney they'd typically get absolutely obliterated and often RQd out of the tourney before it even ended. Players such as Waste and Yoshie went a long way to show that NW players could compete at high levels of native comp play, but im given to understand that they are also among the best in the NW scene as well. While I'm not sure if the vocal defenders of this clan have the maturity to reverse the situation, if bannerlord was essentially a reskin of NW with better graphics and an enhanced combat system, I'm sure the NW regs would consider themselves the experts on how the competitive aspect would develop, and would laugh at a group of players that emerge from some other mod and immediately claimed to be the best in the scene.

Honestly, considering the flaming from VK idk why i bother trying to be conciliatory. Adopting this "avant garde we are the future if ur arguing ur old and washed up reeeeee" mindset amuses the hell out of me.

P.S. don't try and adopt such a progressive mindset when certain members of the group are neo-Nazi edgelords, it lessens the message.

If people beat a clan on a pub battle server in Warband thats an official match? It's not and its the same in Bannerlord right now.
NOPE its an official match when two clans agree to make it official and que at the exact same time (usually before 7 or after 10 so they can find each other easily) and then play whoever takes the most rounds wins or best of 3 maps or whatever ****ing rules the two clans agree to play by the BOA and Rittenhouse both agreed to setting up matches and i asked both clans agreed to make it official meaning they brought their best guys and so did I notice on my youtube page i have videos listed as Bannerlord Skirmish or as Official Skirmish based on if it was random or if they agreed to an official match

I think people are arguing for the wrong reasons. Usually, scrims are friendly semi-try hard matches which are used to find faults in the team and to improve on them for the next run, so they're not really a great indicator of how good the team is, though it can be good at setting a baseline.

In regards to VK, it's different, due to the nature of VK's condescending attitude and high horse approach, you cannot deny that there isn't competition; the competition isn't comparable to tournament officials mind, but is enough to mean something. People want to beat VK, it's not necessarily a 'friendly' scrim, you're attempting to push them into the dirt to show their place, it's not similar to a standard friendly scrim, it's more try-hard for sure. Most competitive Warband players are still better than the majority of Bannerlord players due to familiarity, but people have been grinding Bannerlord so they can easily put up a good fight.

Yes officials mean more, but stop going around pretending that the VK scrims are just average scrims, the majority of them are as close to officials as you can get in Bannerlord at the moment because it's just plain beef and egoism. So yes, it's a decent enough indiciation and if you're losing to them, you best start getting your asses in gear because VK will only ever improve at the rate they're playing.

Last edited:
NOPE its an official match when two clans agree to make it official and que at the exact same time (usually before 7 or after 10 so they can find each other easily) and then play whoever takes the most rounds wins or best of 3 maps or whatever ****ing rules the two clans agree to play by the BOA and Rittenhouse both agreed to setting up matches and i asked both clans agreed to make it official meaning they brought their best guys and so did I notice on my youtube page i have videos listed as Bannerlord Skirmish or as Official Skirmish based on if it was random or if they agreed to an official match

Just because you record it doesn't make it official. We in no way tried to get our "A" team. Just because people agree to play a certain amount of games and have to coordinate doesn't make it official lmao. I don't really care that we lost and you're welcome to feel like you're the better team but claiming it's official is hilarious.

I think people are arguing for the wrong reasons. Usually, scrims are friendly semi-try hard matches which are used to find faults in the team and to improve on them for the next run, so they're not really a great indicator of how good the team is, though it can be good at setting a baseline.

In regards to VK, it's different, due to the nature of VK's condescending attitude and high horse approach, you cannot deny that there isn't competition; the competition isn't comparable to tournament officials mind, but is enough to mean something. People want to beat VK, it's not necessarily a 'friendly' scrim, you're attempting to push them into the dirt to show their place, it's not similar to a standard friendly scrim, it's more try-hard for sure. Most competitive Warband players are still better than the majority of Bannerlord players due to familiarity, but people have been grinding Bannerlord so they can easily put up a good fight.

Yes officials mean more, but stop going around pretending that the VK scrims are just average scrims, the majority of them are as close to officials as you can get in Bannerlord at the moment because it's just plain beef and egoism. So yes, it's a decent enough indiciation and if you're losing to them, you best start getting your asses in gear because VK will only ever improve at the rate they're playing.

So much respect for this point of view, thank you for contributing! The fact as pointed out by some others is even from the time of my personal inception into VK - I have seen nothing but the name being trashed because people associated the clan with it's NW origins. It was a really gross angle for the "veterans" of this community to take; and is more than partially to blame for VK's aggressive reaction to their treatment.

You made VK the black sheep of the community before any of this all started with your prejudice. Don't tell me this wasn't about segregation because at it's core, Native players could not stand the fact to see their community divided by all these subcultures. That isn't a fault of the people who adopted M&B in the NW era. That was TW's choice. Even then, why would you ever turn down fresh blood to play a title that you want to see continue? You need a population to keep a game going, but albeit your promises and preachment of changing your elitist ways; you did the opposite and bashed people just for where they came from. You expect them to just roll over and bow to your presence- and instead they spited you, grew, then backed their **** talk with proof and facts.

@the

Honestly, considering the flaming from VK idk why i bother trying to be conciliatory. Adopting this "avant garde we are the future if ur arguing ur old and washed up reeeeee" mindset amuses the hell out of me..

You came forth with a well devised response as well, and I wanted to acknowledge that. It's not easy coming into a cess pool with a clean, objective outlook; but it is appreciated that you are trying amidst all the crap being slung.

There's no arguing that the current multiplayer environment is not ideal for raw competition. Legitimately- LAN parties are the closest you will ever get to truly competitive- and even then you are limited by the current mechanics and functions set forth in the way the game was handed to us. Like RCC_God said; ideally we'd be able to switch sides, choose factions- assemble our own definition of balanced competition...while we don't have that accessible to us, that does not mean teams can't mutually agree to competitive play which to them officially happened and becomes part of those clans lore/history.

If we were here bragging about pub-stomping randoms and showing pictures of 3-0 vs unorganized players without comms or a clue; sure, there'd be an argument to be made. These are teams that agreed to the terms of competitive play. That doesn't make it any more or less official, nor do they have lesser/greater meaning than some tournament format no one outside the M&B world even knows existed.

Last edited:
We all talkin about multiplayer like Taleworlds cares about it, its just an after thought of singleplayer focused Devs. Unless Taleworlds gets a group of people over there with passion about multiplayer nothing will change from Warband.

Please end the racism against dragons. Styrians already tried to exterminate this race, but as a warden of the Last Dragon, I am forced to notice the constant hatred against dragons.

Back
Top Bottom