The Jarldom of Ostlandet [RECRUITING] [EU/NA VIKING WARBAND]

Users who are viewing this thread

Bejjo

Recruit
hD2GDSP.jpg

[size=18pt]Introduction

The Jarldom of Ostlandet (JO) is a Viking Warband for the Mount and Blade expansion "Viking Conquest". Our main goal is simply to raid and have fun. We plan on keeping the size of our clan to a relatively small 20-30 raiders because in the JO, we want to foster a sense of friendship and community, and you simply can't have that with 80+ members. In our warband, you should know the person standing next to you not just by name but as a friend.  We are currently still recruiting new members, but be warned that there is absolutely no room for trolls or bullies, and we'd also like it if you had a working microphone (though not required).

Those are our only real requirements- while we aim to be a very elite group of raiders any skill level is welcome as there will be plenty of time for you to grow and learn as a player. However, don't expect weekday trainings that will last four hours long. Most of our practice will be done informally on our own server during off-time. The only real "official" training will be a half hour warm up before events. Our logic behind this is simple- being in the JO shouldn't feel like a chore- you should be excited and happy to log on, drink some mead, smash some skulls, and pillage with friends.

In addition, while we are not striving for 100% historical accuracy -and by no means are we experts on the era- our ranks will try and best reflect the Viking Age. By this, I mean to say our ranks will not merely be a Viking copy-paste of NW ranks but try and reflect roles and position that were held in the Viking World. As for our leadership and current clan composition, the JO is made up entirely of Mount and Blade veterans. We have all been in and out of various Mount and Blade groups through the years, and our members holding leadership roles have all led their own groups or held high ranking positions.

If you are in any way at all interested, you can read a more in depth summary on our steam page:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/JarldomofOstlandet

Or you can message us at one of two steam profiles:

William (Jarl Borkr)
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198062372578

Wayne (Thegn Hagrid)
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007258751

Short History/Disclaimer

The region of Ostlandet is located in South-Eastern Norway and home to the Norwegian capital, Oslo. Unfortunately, because the Norse people rarely kept written records, little is known about the region historically during the Viking Age, though some point it to be the original domain of the legendary first King of Norway- Harald Fairhair. Because of this lack of information, it should be kept in mind that our group is not striving to recreate/represent the historical Jarldom of Ostlandet.

Good luck!

If you don't mind some small nitpicking, I'd recommend putting the title (jarl, þegn) after the name, as that was the standard practice among the Norsemen: Bjorgg jarl. :3
(Although 'Bjorgg', classical 'Bjǫrg', would be a female name, and so would Hagrid if it was interpreted as a Norse name, so if it's not too late and you haven't become overly attached to them I'd recommend changing them. See this and this)

hrotha said:
Good luck!

If you don't mind some small nitpicking, I'd recommend putting the title (jarl, þegn) after the name, as that was the standard practice among the Norsemen: Bjorgg jarl. :3
(Although 'Bjorgg', classical 'Bjǫrg', would be a female name, and so would Hagrid if it was interpreted as a Norse name, so if it's not too late and you haven't become overly attached to them I'd recommend changing them. See this and this)

:smile: duly noted. As I said we are by no means experts, and any information the Vikingr community wants to offer to us is very much appreciated. I will definitely forward this info to william. thank you!
as far as the names go, I can't speak for William but I was inspired by a large, wizarding man rather than any attempt at historical accuracy if im being honest xD
Update:Will's reaction to finding out Bjorgg is a girl's name: ****

hrotha said:
Good luck!

Thank you very much, I was attached to the name 'Bjorgg' However!... I am a male and wish to remain that way haha! 'Borkr' will be the new name!

deSaul said:
Good luck guys. I look forward to fighting against you, instead of with you. Just don't kill me too many times.

I WILL DRINK FROM YOUR SKULL
Also expect Cherusci battlefield diplomacy to make a reappearance.

Bejjo said:
deSaul said:
Good luck guys. I look forward to fighting against you, instead of with you. Just don't kill me too many times.

I'll make sure to send forward my best diplomat, Tjapman.

deSaul said:
Bejjo said:
deSaul said:

i will have to bring my pet dog to translate

Bejjo said:
deSaul said:
Bejjo said:
deSaul said:

ahh... why always me Q_Q

Kruidenberg said:
Bejjo said:
deSaul said:
Bejjo said:
deSaul said:

ahh... why always me Q_Q

Love you tjapman. Woof woof.

Also thank you to everyone whos wishing us luck!

Back
Top Bottom