Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Put Map On Normal Server

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Azrayel

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Foreward:
After the Great Rappage of the City, in which almost everyone was raped horribly and we hid inside of the wooden fortress that was the "village" for the rest of the event, the map (and subsequently the event) has undergone a critical redesign- please view this as "TJC 2.0," if you would. If you didn't like how the first event went, I can promise you things will be different for the better this time around. The village is more at-risk and the city is far more defencible.

Treminoligy Note: "Round" here is used to mean the duration of the event, which is likely to last for 2.5 to 3 hours.

There are four factions:

The City Guard
The Village of Cotswell
The Cultists of Baal
The Dyrlandic Raiders

There are also the Mountain Tribes, but they are little more than bandits.

What This Event Is:
This is a "simulation" RP; there is no objective outside of what you want to roleplay. The Jagged Coast is its own self-contained world and economy within which the players will explore, make their forunte, and meet their fate. Outside of the city it is advisable to move in armed groups because there are various malignent factions who may elect to kill, capture, or rob you blind in any given order.

How Roles Will Be Handled This Time:
First off, PM me and/or post in the thread if you want one of these soon, please. Don't want people squabbling over these later.

Roles aren't going to be assigned in a static fashion with the exception of faction leaders, commanders, and lieutenants/captains. Those roles and the caravan roles will recieve a moderate one-time stipend at round's start. Everyone else is going to have to work for their money and join up with a faction of their choosing in-game.

Pre-Picked Roles:

Expositionary Text:
An old and proud city, it stands as the capital of Jerucia; strife and poverty have brought sections of the city into disrepair, and the decedant upper city remains unmarred while the majority of the population live on the south side of a dividing river in slums and by the docks. The city holds many secretes, and damns those who would inhabit it and presume to not learn them least they be used against them.

The Jagged Coast's only concentration of arrable land is directly outside the city.

The City is heavily defended.
City Guard
King/Queen: Azrayel 40k
Spouse (optional): 10k
Heir (optional): Bricard 15k
Commander: Deus Irae 20k
Lieutenants (5): Olaf, SoupCan, 3 (other) Infanterie Lts picked by Deus 10k

Expositionary Text:
The small wooden village of Cotswell is situated in the middle of the map, near the iron mine, some silver veins, and woods. It is possible to build walls around Cotswell, but this will require co-operation and discipline on the part of the townsfolk.

Cotswell starts the round with little defences, but may construct up to moderate defences.
Village of Cotswell
Mayor: 15k (elected official, current encumbant: Le Fox; prospective opponents in the race PM me no later than Wednesday night/Thursday midday)
Constable: Isaiah (presuming a willingness to reprise his role) 10k + uniform armor and weaponry
Captains (2): Mikkel, 5k

Expositionary Text:
In the runied castle far to the East, shrouded in mystery, missery, and discord there lives a dark coven of cultists who perform heinous blood rites with human sacrifices. They have started their own society there, but it is not known if it will be possible to treat with them or if they will become a blindly hostile entity.

The ruined castle is highly defended, the only means of accessing the central citadel being the main portcullis or the construction of wooden ladders to cross the moat.
Cultists of Baal
High Priest: 7.5k

Expositionary Text:
On a piney island off the Jagged Coast there sits a newly onstructed Meadhall of the Dyrlandic Raiders, a roving band of unwashed barbarians whom thurst for blood and yearn for glory.

Their island contains a trace amount of iron ore, pleanty of wood, and native grape vines.

The meadhall and landing being lightly and totally undefended, and are upgradeable to moderately and lightly defended (as always via the construction of wooden buildable props).
Dyrlandic Raiders
Jarl: Moorehead (assuming he reprises his role) 20k
Captains (2): Legolan, 10k
note: those wishing to join the Raiders as any rank should be on a bit before the event starts so we can transport you to the island before the event goes live.

Commoner Roles (these are generally city-based):
Caravan Leader: 30k
Sloop Captain: 15k
Cog Captain: 15k
Mercenary Captain: 15k

Feel free to become a town crier, thief, or assassin (the latter two having hidden hideouts you can find) of your own accord or PM me about it; there just seems to reason to hand out/assign these roles as they'll recieve no additional funds.

Mountain Tribes: Bandit Roles
War Chief: 10k + 3 Steppe Horses
Lesser Chieftans (2): 5k + 1 Steppe Horse

Note on KoSing:
KoSing is permissable in the case of obviously hostile factions (someone could reasonably expect a raider, cultist, or bandit to attack them) but the moment one idiot starts shooting everyone in the head, you can expect your faction to be recieving the same treatment for the rest of the round. We aren't going to be regulating this with the exception of the city and team-killing or spawnpoint griefing.

All-in-all we'd appreciate if you talked to most people you came across, especially unarmed people, but what your character would do in the situation is ultimately up to you- with great power comes great responsibility.

before bothering to read the whole thing, PLEASE!!!!! change the yellow text, it hurts.... like its not worth reading anymore after staring at that horrible color...

Dark_Hamlet said:
Looks cool :smile:

But I have one doubt, the lords will be free to choose how to handle affairs or is there some sort of script to follow?

This is free-form- ergo the "simulation" aspect- which means we need good faction leaders for everyone. I'm thinking I'll lead the City faction myself this time, and Moorehead will have the Dyrlandic raiders. Isaiah and Fox did well as Constable and Mayor, respectively. Deserath (bandit Chief) was caught up killing raiders because the raiders wound up basically plowing through everyone so he didn't have someone else to fight. Cultists showed up a bit late (the event was too short that time) but they seemed to be doing swell.

So no, no script- this is setting up the pieces and watch as they fall into place in whatever way they choose. Ought to be interesting (assuming people actually show up).

Use either 24 hour clock or 12 hour clock in your time please.

20:00 GMT / 15:00EST or 8:00pm GMT / 3:00pm EST.

I may or may not be able to come this time. If I can, I will be there.

L3git Squig Herder said:
I, sadly, can not make it to the event at that time. Choose someone else to lead the Cult. :cry:

Most saddening! I'll be quite busy myself this weekend.

(TWD)Tom said:
yeah I'll be mayor again if I could

You most certainly may; I somehow doubt anyone's going to run again you  :razz:

Thanks all of you willing to give this event a second shot!

I spent a lot of time on this map and event, and I'd really like to see it put to good use. There's potential here, but the way it works out we're going to have to have some sharp peeps running the show.

It is for this reason that I, Queen Azrayel the White Lion, have volunteered to be the Queen. I know,  I know, you may be saying "you're being too hard on yourself! Don't do it Az!" but trust me when I say this- the burden of leadership is one I will willingly bear for the sake of all of our good time.

And, you know, it's fun  :roll:

Deuces,
~Azrayel

Stig_Mikkelson said:
If you need another Lieutant for the City Guard or a Captain for the Village of Cotswell, I'd be happy to oblidge.

I've asked Ostpraven if they'd sign aboard for City Guardsmen and I imagine they'll take some spots- I can guarantee you a Captain in Cotswell, but I'd like you in the City if we can't get too many Infanterie...

I'll add more possible Lt's and put you tentatively as a Village Captain; you have a personal preference in case I come to a sorting situation where I might have room to put you in either?

Azrayel said:
Stig_Mikkelson said:
If you need another Lieutant for the City Guard or a Captain for the Village of Cotswell, I'd be happy to oblidge.

I've asked Ostpraven if they'd sign aboard for City Guardsmen and I imagine they'll take some spots- I can guarantee you a Captain in Cotswell, but I'd like you in the City if we can't get too many Infanterie...

I'll add more possible Lt's and put you tentatively as a Village Captain; you have a personal preference in case I come to a sorting situation where I might have room to put you in either?
Im fine with either. It might work better to use all Ost's for the City so I'm fine being a Captain, considering Captain outranks Lieutenant :razz:

Stig_Mikkelson said:
Azrayel said:
Stig_Mikkelson said:

Im fine with either. It might work better to use all Ost's for the City so I'm fine being a Captain, considering Captain outranks Lieutenant :razz:

Hehehe.

Well, talk to Isaiah if you can see him- often on our TS. Methinks he'll reprise his constable role.

Anyone know Deus/Graham's steam? I want to get in touch with him.

Back
Top Bottom