The implementation of banners and standard bearers

Users who are viewing this thread

Don't forget that we also don't want polearms held in the right hand while the standard is waved in the left. :lol:

wp8zH.jpg

??

---
I almost forgot... the guys from Dell'arte della guerra have already been experimenting. Taleworlds have once again set the bar high :iamamoron: ?.

Thanks. Looks cool. :xf-smile:

First, you all have to "find" and recruit sword sisters or huscarls(yes these units are hidden in the troop book of grudges), cause they are the units who will wear your banner for ya! It's just a guess though?

Backtotopic: Good to see they do something on this matter for you guys, though I don't get hype

I know it won´t be this epic in the game, because the cav charge would only wound one troop at best :smile:

Still banners just add a lot of athmosphere.

Last edited:
it never ceases to amaze me how one passionate guy working for free on his own time again and again out performs a whole dev team working for money as their careers.
It never ceases to amaze me how one guy never makes an entire game on his own as good as base Bannerlord. It never ceases to amaze me how terrible your arguments are. Oh wait.. it does cease to amaze me, since arguments like those are just baseless repetition and nothing new, ever.

It never ceases to amaze me how one guy never makes an entire game on his own as good as base Bannerlord. It never ceases to amaze me how terrible your arguments are. Oh wait.. it does cease to amaze me, since arguments like those are just baseless repetition and nothing new, ever.
You´re an alpha troll, kudos to you! Can you teach me?

you must be the progressive leftist of Bannerlord forums that's looking to be offended by everything ze reads, and is looking for an argument wherever ze goes. too blinded by the lords of soon to see examples in front of zis face and regard them as baseless. lol it does get repetitive and is nothing new. but still funny to see every time it shows it's face. much like you

Wow! those banners look amazing!

TW seriously take a look at those banner in the video, that is how it should be done!
Just... wow, i had to watch for a while until i saw the unit animations and shouting to realize that was really bannerlord, beyond incredible! didn't knew about this project before but i'll definitely keep an eye on it now

No disrespect to other mods in the pipeline, Dell'arte della guerra in my eyes is the most promising for SP. For MP it was Twilight of Chivalry; unfortunately its development is up in the air due to the plausible denial of custom servers and their tools.

---
I really don't know what the official proposal will be regarding banners in mission; however regarding editing and customisation of banners; Taleworlds is very far from the Community's tastes on this (and many other) subject. The currently implemented Bannerlord's banner editor is such an extreme simplification that it is hurtful in the eyes of veterans.

Nothing revolutionary like the ones they could have done in their day FALX & dunde with their "Custom Banner". For example, this module is applied to the Diplomacy 4.litdum mod for Warband.

custom%20banner%20window.jpg
custom_banner_for_the_next_version.2.jpg
custom_banner_color.jpg

We have commented in other threads (a lot), the banner editor needs a revamp, both in SP and MP to be able to carry out "basic" creations such as those currently offered by Banner Editor, being able to implement them as the Custom Banners and Uniforms Pack (CBU Pack 2.0) mod does.

you must be the progressive leftist of Bannerlord forums that's looking to be offended by everything ze reads, and is looking for an argument wherever ze goes. too blinded by the lords of soon to see examples in front of zis face and regard them as baseless. lol it does get repetitive and is nothing new. but still funny to see every time it shows it's face. much like you
To be fair, your comment was a really stupid one, that's been regurgitated on game forums for god knows how many years. It's been stupid then, and it still is. So someone calling you out on the stupidity of your comment is nothing surprising, nor something to get so defensive over...

To be fair, your comment was a really stupid one, that's been regurgitated on game forums for god knows how many years. It's been stupid then, and it still is. So someone calling you out on the stupidity of your comment is nothing surprising, nor something to get so defensive over...
to be fair. TW is officially planning to implement banners into the game. so we can see if my comment is really stupid or not, potentially very very "soon"

lets see if a team of paid career devs can outperform a single fan working on his free time. lets see if it actually happens. believe me, I Wish i was wrong more than you do. but I doubt it. lol

when will people start seeing things for what they are instead of what they wish to be?

if my comment is really stupid or not
We don't need to wait to see if it was stupid or not - It was...

when will people start seeing things for what they are instead of what they wish to be?

I mean i get where you're coming from. You just seem to don't know better.

The "paid career devs" already outperformed him in many aspects. They made it possible that some fan can create things. (Game Engine + Modding Kit) How it's done is another story and shall not be discussed. ( The open Letter) But ...
When will you give them some credit where credit is due ? And by no means i'm ****ting on the work the modder has done. I think it's great.
But holy hell dude ... please just think sometimes before posting and stop jumping on hate waggons just because you've read somewhere some bull****.

to be fair. TW is officially planning to implement banners into the game. so we can see if my comment is really stupid or not, potentially very very "soon"

lets see if a team of paid career devs can outperform a single fan working on his free time. lets see if it actually happens. believe me, I Wish i was wrong more than you do. but I doubt it. lol

Ok, but if you want your comparison to be fair and meaningful, you will have to limit this single fan's time that they can put into that one feature, you have to give them several other responsibilities, you have to give them a boss that keeps nagging for them to deliver 10 different things at once, and also, you have to introduce a framework that will leave them unable to do what they think is right and correct, because statistics prove that their time would be better used on something else. Oh, and also do not forget about integrating the feature in such a way that it has no chance of breaking anything that already exists, and minimizes the chances of breaking something else that is being implemented at the same time.

Then, and only then, can we attempt to see if a single fan can outperform paid career devs. So, we have a deal?

The "paid career devs" already outperformed him in many aspects.
do you even logic? how can they outperform him when they've done jack **** and he's got a lot of work done? oh you are talking about the 8 years of previous work before the guy even heard about Bannerlord... right.

are you saying that the prehistoric cavemen that invented the basic roots of latin and later english language are better writers than shakespeare and tolkien because they made it possible for them to write in english to begin with?

the concept of "outperform" is completely irrelevant if you aren't even talking about the same activities. go back to grade school and relearn your vocabulary before you start an argument online

do you even logic? how can they outperform him when they've done jack **** and he's got a lot of work done? oh you are talking about the 8 years of previous work before the guy even heard about Bannerlord... right.

are you saying that the prehistoric cavemen that invented the basic roots of latin and later english language are better writers than shakespeare and tolkien because they made it possible for them to write in english to begin with?

the concept of "outperform" is completely irrelevant if you aren't even talking about the same activities. go back to grade school and relearn your vocabulary before you start an argument online
The thing is that the devs aren't "under-performing" because of lack of skills compared to modders but because they have their hands tied by their management that gives the final word in what can or can't be implemented in the game while modders don't have this constraint being able to implement features to their hearts desire.

Time and again we had devs here saying "i could code that in a week but the management won't accept any complex feature" or "we took these suggestions to our internal meeting but the management rejected them".

Then, and only then, can we attempt to see if a single fan can outperform paid career devs.
assuming the guy is working 24/7/365 he's only got the same amount of time as 4.2 full time devs. no sleep, no food, no work, nothing else.
he's getting paid $0.00/ hour. and we know the developer tools weren't released till not even a year ago.

you listed a whole lot of assumptions, most of which based on some idea that having a team and a boss is somehow a detriment. (which i agree with at some level. since most mid level managers are deadweight and don't contribute to a project but that's besides the point).

Meanwhile the dev team has had 9 years to create this game. Literally titled "BANNER-lord". and the Banners were already a feature in Warband. So forgive me for assuming they had at least the competence to copy paste their own work

Time and again we had devs here saying "i could code that in a week but the management won't accept any complex feature" or "we took these suggestions to our internal meeting but the management rejected them".
so you are saying the TW DEV TEAM is not at fault here?
did I once say the coders and programmers for TW are incompetent and can't write ****?
when a team fails. the leadership has the most responsibility. and that means managers, and senior devs and the decision makers.

who do you think interacts with people on these forums? coders? programmers? guy that's supposed to do scenes and village art?
lol it's probably some manager, some HR/PR guy, some decision maker dude

who do you think interacts with people on these forums? coders? programmers? guy that's supposed to do scenes and village art?
lol it's probably some manager, some HR/PR guy, some decision maker dude
It's literally the PR guy (callum) and coders, sceners etc that interact with us in the forums in their own free time, the management has gone AWOL for a long time now, in the days of yore of the forums we even had Armagan himself (the head of TW) constantly engaging with the community here but these days are long past..

Back
Top Bottom