The huge topic of QUESTIONS!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Amagic

Baron
Hi everyone. I have tons of questions about the game.  I think some of these questions have answers buried somewhere in the forums but it would be nice if they were cramped together. How does this little system of mine works? Example:

Q12: "answer"

It would be easy to sort out the answer from idle chat like that. Btw i'm going to edit this first post when i get more questions. Here i go:

1- How many tournaments do you have to win to be known by all the Lords?

2- Do roads on the world map affect moving speed?

3- Does the program Alacrity PC work with M&B?

4- Why do arrows spawn below the targeting reticle (w/e it's called)?

5- What is the benefit of improving relations with a town?

6- Why do you only get desolate and poor villages?

7- Does having a lot of horses in your inventory increase moving speed on the world map?

8- Why do your troops hog all the loot?

9- Why has the renown of Kings and lords increased?

10- Why doesn't age affect male characters?

11- Any pie  :grin:?

12- Why did the trade margin increase?

13- No religious aspects at all?? (not that it's a bad thing :grin:)

14- Lack of gold and silver. Why?!?!?

15- Troops sallying out, what are the conditions?

16- Module system!!! We want!!!

That's it for now. Gonna edit later.

q1
Ehh... Dont think tournaments matter.

q2
no

q3
dunno

q4
because archery is too easy as it is

q5
more / upgraded recruits. every 10 relations is a chance they will upgrade to the next tier.

q6
Because lords raid them too much

q7
if you carry lots of junk, yes. Otherwise? No, horses themselves dont help. Horsemen in the party do...

q8
because you dont pay them enough. Looting helps with this kinda

q9
because they fought battles? i dunno.

q10
you play a typical game of less than 5 years... (from what i understand on the forums.) Age doesnt really matter at that point...

q11

q12
Making money was too easy

q13
there is a temple in tihr, but no real religion... I like it that way.

q14
Dunno... denars i think are like gold coins? nvm.

q15
I dunno... had it happen exactly once. they lost 50+ men, i lose like 5. Wish it happened more often ^^

q16
i cant agree more.

If I may i'd like to ask afew questions myself(easier than starting a new topic)

whats the cap on attributes, skills and weapon prophencies and your overall level?

Skills are ten if I'm right, which means attributes are 30 and proficiencies are 420.. I think..

Sweet thanks, how about overall level?

and just making sure this is right, if for example you have tactics(party skill) at say 4 and you get a companion at say 3 does it stack to 7 or is it still 4, in other words do party skills stack between yourself and/or companions?

Thanks

I know these may be answered, but a little reiteration is always good, as I can elaborate.

Amagic said:
1- How many tournaments do you have to win to be known by all the Lords?

Tournaments alone does nothing for your standing, what matters is renown (lots of things give you renown, including tournaments), I imagine about 150 (or was it 250?), the required limit before joining a faction, is when they'll notice you.

Amagic said:
2- Do roads on the world map affect moving speed?

No they do not, horse, no matter how cheap of ill-bred/crippled will increase you map speed though. So by those cheap things in from the horse merchant!

Amagic said:
3- Does the program Alacrity PC work with M&B?

Try the demo. If it works on that it'll work for the entire game.

Amagic said:

The first person view is more adept for shooting :wink:, otherwise I don't know.

Amagic said:
5- What is the benefit of improving relations with a town?

Cheaper prices, higher buy prices, more tax if you own it. There's a thread with all the statistics but I'm too lazy to find it.

Amagic said:
6- Why do you only get desolate and poor villages?

Because the King is unsure of your performance? It's like a cheap gift you give to bad in laws for their birthdays.

Amagic said:
7- Does having a lot of horses in your inventory increase moving speed on the world map?

Yes, though if there's a food item IE. above 15 or 20 units of weight in Calradia, having a horse is incredibly useful in upping map speed. The same thread with the statistics also has this information.

Amagic said:
8- Why do your troops hog all the loot?

Because you don't pay them enough :smile:. And your character is too slow on the pickin's, increase your looting skill.

Amagic said:
9- Why has the renown of Kings and lords increased?

Not quite sure what you mean here.

Amagic said:
10- Why doesn't age affect male characters?

How should at most half a decade affect the characters?

Amagic said:
11- Any pie  :grin:?

No, but at least there is no lie about its absence from M&B like cakes :razz:.

Amagic said:
12- Why did the trade margin increase?

A few putz complained they were too rich for some reason. I think it might be the growing number of self proclaimed communists on the boards :neutral:.

Amagic said:
13- No religious aspects at all?? (not that it's a bad thing :grin:)

There are buildings that seem like they serve a religious purpose, but it's not implicitly implied.

Amagic said:
14- Lack of gold and silver. Why?!?!?

Denars are silver, in fact most monetary systems during the medieval ages used silver as the standard, not gold. It spans into the colonial area as well, trade with the orient and what-not. The Nations that offer to buy back their captured lords pay in silver. Though there are mentions of gold in the game, the context seems to be that it is very expensive, but there's no standardization of the how much is how much, IE. no one in Calradia would be able to tell you how much a nugget was in terms of silver denars it seems to me.

Amagic said:
15- Troops sallying out, what are the conditions?

You having "worse" quality troops in terms of stats, and fewer quantity in numbers compared to the sallying force.

Amagic said:
16- Module system!!! We want!!!

I want a lot of things too...

Pastai said:
Skills are ten if I'm right, which means attributes are 30 and proficiencies are 420.. I think..

Profinicies have 799 as max.

About Q1, winning a lot of tournaments DOES effect how well you are known. When you haven't joined a faction and won a certain number of tournaments (how many i waht i want to know), all the lords in the game will know you. They say something like "Ah, you're known far and wide" or "Ah, "Player" your fame runs before you". Only difference when being a part of a faction is that only lords you haven't met before and those in your faction greet you like that.

Overall it just changes how they address you. Nothing game play affecting.

Q10, i meant the age you can choose in your character customization screen, when you first start a new game, just above the hair color bar.

Amagic said:
About Q1, winning a lot of tournaments DOES effect how well you are known. When you haven't joined a faction and won a certain number of tournaments (how many i waht i want to know), all the lords in the game will know you. They say something like "Ah, you're known far and wide" or "Ah, "Player" your fame runs before you".

Its about the high renown, I never participated in tournaments but I got this addressing when my renown was 500+(?) by fighting bandits, the only connection is you got renown for winning in tournaments too but the source of the renown is irrelevant.

10: age just affects the grooves etc in your skin, and the ranges of hair colour

6: in those times (medieval), villages didnt get rich. when they got rich, they just had to pay more taxes untill they were poor again

Oskatat said:
10: age just affects the grooves etc in your skin, and the ranges of hair colour

Yah.... But it only works on female characters! For the second time i wanna know why won't it work on MALE characters

1.  Why do you want to be KNOWN by all the Lords?
  2.  No, It's been suggested but it probably won't be implemented.
  3.  Never heard of it.  What's it do?
  4.  Not sure what you are talking about.
  5.  If you improve the relationship you have with a town the number and level of the men you recruit from it will increase.  But, that has to be a number well into the 50's or so.  Most players don't bother. 
  6.  So you can build them up. 
  7.  No, a single horse in your inventory will compensate for some of the loss of speed you would have with a load of food and prisoners.  Carrying more horses will have no further effect. 
  8.  Who says they "Hog" all the loot?
  9.  Why not? 
10.  What are you talking about?  Age?  Your character is static throughout the game unless you change him. 
11.  3.141592653589793234 . . . 
12.  The game evolves from version to version.  Today, it was the economy. 
13.  That's right.  There are no religions in this game.  Thank God ! ! ! :wink:
14.  No, the denars are silver. 
15.  If the number of troops garrisoning a city/castle outnumber you by a factor of 4:1.  They will sally out.  If not they remain behind the walls. 
16.  I play the game "AS IS"  If I started tweeking the damn thing I'd wind up with something that makes me really great and everyone else real small.  Where's the fun in that?

Amagic said:

It's called a GLITCH. It only shows in 3rd person view; if you use the first person view you actually hit what you aim at.

I've been *****ing about it since .800, but to no success. Try shooting people in 3rd person in .751, you'll feel the difference.

not a glitch, more because archery is meant to be shot from the first person, so the reticule is lined up for the first person.

Q5: Better prices, both buying and selling. To get more/better recruits you must improve your relations with a village, not a town.
Q6: You get the poorest villages available when joining a faction, that will either be a remote one plagued by bandits, or a war zone one raided to poverty. You can get better ones awarded later on.
What would you give out as king to the newest member of your faction?
Q7: Yes, but only if you have lots of trade goods or food in your inventory too. Extra horses actually slows you down if you travel lightly, I find 6 or perhaps 9 works fine for me.
Q8: They consider it part of their pay, you dont think they risk their lives becuase they like you or because of the "pay" you give them each week now do you? You pay them to travel with you, the looting pays for the fighting they do.
Q9: It has? from where/when?
Q10: Timeframe of the game is too short for age to have any significant effect, after all a game lasts but a few years, a man should be able to stay in his prime for that long.
Q12: because you got better trade skill or relations with the town in question.
Q15: they think they are sure to win and wants to get it over with.
Q16: yep

Back
Top Bottom