"The Holocaust on your Plate"

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, I just found out about this, and I'm sincerely offended. Peta is comparing the Holocaust (Hitler's "final solution") with the meat industry, so, effectively, they're comparing Jews with Chickens. I find that INCREDIBLY offensive. They may be trying to personify animals, and make people think of them as human, but all I can see is them dehumanizing Jews, Gypsies, and Slavs, for their own benefit, for their ultimate goal of "Total Animal Liberation".

hol3.jpg

I hope Ingrid Newkirk suffers a horrible death involving cutlery.

Animal rights is all fine and dandy...but ****ing hell...there are millions of other causes on the planet that would GREATLY benefit from some of the fanatics that seem to go mad about human rights. I can't imagine fighting for the right of a pig when millions are starving to death in Africa. The absurd movement for animal rights completely highlights what is wrong with ****ed up middle class kids in developed countries.

This is yet another example. Instead of campaigning for pigs, why not campaign for anti-racism. Or against the persecution of Jews that still goes on in many countries.

I, honestly, couldn't care less about the rights of animals we selectively bred to eat. Sure, poaching is bad, but a cow isn't a black rhinoceros. If we don't eat cows, all the methane they produce will destroy the ozone layer. Remember, save a plant, eat a cow.

Yoshiboy said:
Animal rights is all fine and dandy...but ****ing hell...there are millions of other causes on the planet that would GREATLY benefit from some of the fanatics that seem to go mad about human rights. I can't imagine fighting for the right of a pig when millions are starving to death in Africa. The absurd movement for animal rights completely highlights what is wrong with ****ed up middle class kids in developed countries.

This is yet another example. Instead of campaigning for pigs, why not campaign for anti-racism. Or against the persecution of Jews that still goes on in many countries.
It's the exact same thing I've never understood.

I have to agree with Narc on that one. I think animals shouldn't be abused, but this is just absurd. This is no way whatsoever, even close to the Holocaust. Whoever's sick ****ing idea this was, should go do a quick study on the Holocaust or better yet, go talk talk to a Concentration Camp survivor.

Holocaust - killing of millions due to the fact that their killers felt superior.

Meat industry - killing of millions due to the fact that their killers feel superior.

The only difference is that one was race fuelled whereas the other is species fuelled. Except for the motives behind the killings I don't see much difference.

A vegan diet is exceptionally unhealthy, unless it is done with various supplements that are taken from animals, so, in essence, a little bit of cruelty is necessary unless you want to **** up your insides.

We kill animals because we feel superior? :???: I kill animals because I need food. It's ****ing natural. Genocides aren't.

I'm not a vegetarian/vegan, i eat meat. It's just the only reason we're killing animals for meat is that we're humans, otherwise we'd kill humans for meat which is just as nutricious, and the only reason Hitler killed Jews and not Germans was because they were Jews. I don't see any moral difference, the only thing that has changed is that they're killed on the grounds of species rather than race.

Most species don't eat their own kind. Do you see lions eating lions? Species have their natural food just as they have their natural enemies.

@ Raz: No, but you see sharks eating sharks (some baby sharks consume their not-yet-born brothers while in the womb).

Tazmanian devil mothers also eat their own young, provided that said young fail to crawl from her womb to her nipples in time.

So they're another species? I'm talking about species here, not race. :???: A dog from one race acts the same to a dog from a different race. A dog is a dog, a human is a human.

edit: Regardless, their killing had no purpose. Even if we killed animals because we felt superior, we eat them to live. I didn't see Hitler serving up humans because of the economical recession.

It's a total different context to me.

Holocaust: Pointless, unnatural
Eating pigs: Purpose, natural food

Even if the killing of millions was in our nature, we mostly quarrel about women and power. This was about neither of them, just some illusion of Jews causing the economical depression.

Back
Top Bottom