LSP Medieval 2D Art The Historic Lords Project (Volume 2 Released)

Users who are viewing this thread

marshal.gif

Sir William Marshal, 1st Earl of Pembroke (1147 – 14 May 1219), also called William the Marshal (Norman French: Williame le Mareschal), was an English (or Anglo-Norman) soldier and statesman. He was described as the "greatest knight that ever lived" by Stephen Langton. He served four kings — Henry II, Richard the Lionheart, John, and Henry III - and rose from obscurity to become a regent of England for the last of the four, and so one of the most powerful men in Europe. Before him, the hereditary title of "Marshal" designated head of household security for the king of England; by the time he died, people throughout Europe (not just England) referred to him simply as "the Marshal". He received the title of "1st Earl of Pembroke" through marriage during the second creation of the Pembroke Earldom. He is perhaps the most studied and therefore most famous of the Pembroke Earls in modern popular culture.

anakonda said:
How is this gonna be released? like an OSP or just some kind a lord replacer?

As an OSP most likely. With all the resources, textures, etc. for people to use or change.

Its really just an armor study and project meant to develop a range of realistic armors from the medieval period

Fantastic work :eek:
The only thing that could be nicer is the mail chain pattern, to my eyes. Currently the mail rings look too symetrical and big.

Al_Mansur said:
Fantastic work :eek:
The only thing that could be nicer is the mail chain pattern, to my eyes. Currently the mail rings look too symetrical and big.

Thanks!

I will see if I can find a better chain mail texture to use.

bigod.gif

Hugh Bigod (c. 1182 – 1225) was a member of the powerful early Norman Bigod family and was for a short time the 3rd Earl of Norfolk. In 1215 he was one of the twenty-five sureties of Magna Carta of King John. He succeeded to his father’s estates (including Framlingham Castle) in 1221.

thick1988 said:
Thanks!

I will see if I can find a better chain mail texture to use.

I suggest the one from Dejawolf's Medieval Helmet Package. I think, the 1257 AD texturer(s) used the same and it looks great in my opinion.

staunton.gif

Sir William de Staunton (c.1326)

Inspiration
helm_c1320-300.jpg
Helm. Carved on the monument of William de Staunton (ob 1326)
Staunton Church, Nottinghamshire

NEXT:
Hartmann von Heldrungen  - Teutonic Grand Master

&
Knight of Leuven Duchy
StChronOutre1350.jpg

Knight_Marine said:
Could you do one of the grandmasters of the Templar or the Hospitallers?

How about a Hospitaller like this?
knight-templar.jpg

and/or Templar like so?
KnightTemplar.jpg

Seems like the Hospitallers and Templars were pretty standard with their uniform/equipment so it shouldn't be too hard.

thick1988 said:
Knight_Marine said:
Yes those will look nice. If you also make some Kings you should do King Richard the lionheart.

Find me a reference image, relatively period accurate, that you'd like me to use as inspiration.

Coat of arms
images

He could have crusader armour or wear his coat of arms like in the picture below.
8982008_orig.jpg

This is what people believed he looked like.
richard.jpg

Good luck hope this helps. :grin:

hartmannvonheldrungen.gif
Hartmann von Heldrungen (died 19 August 1282) was the 11th Grand Master of the Teutonic Order, serving from 1273 to 1282.

Von Heldrungen was an Imperial Knight from Thuringia in the Holy Roman Empire. Von Heldrungen became the 11th Grand Master in the summer of 1273. His reign was marked by relative peace for the order, and he encouraged the colonization of Prussia and Livonia. He gained more lands in the empire as well as in Pomerania.

Knight_Marine said:
thick1988 said:
Knight_Marine said:
Yes those will look nice. If you also make some Kings you should do King Richard the lionheart.

Find me a reference image, relatively period accurate, that you'd like me to use as inspiration.

Coat of arms
images

He could have crusader armour or wear his coat of arms like in the picture below.
8982008_orig.jpg

richard.jpg

Second image: Definitely not accurate. A modern fantasy representation.
Third image: a Renaissance painting made hundreds of years after his death, showing him in stylized Renaissance armor.

Seal_1 said:
Knight_Marine said:
thick1988 said:
Knight_Marine said:

Coat of arms
images

8982008_orig.jpg

richard.jpg

Second image: Definitely not accurate. A modern fantasy representation.
Third image: a Renaissance painting made hundreds of years after his death, showing him in stylized Renaissance armor.

Yes, I'm afraid he's correct. These won't suite the mod but I have found a relatively period accurate representation of him:

SM-F32-04.jpg

He's such a famous figure that 95% of the pictures of him are anachronistic.

leuven.gif

Knight from the Duchy of Leuven
(c.1330)
Situated beside the Dijle river, and near to the stronghold of the Dukes of Brabant, Leuven became, between the 11th and 14th centuries, the most important centre of trade in the Duchy of Brabant.
Inspired by:
StChronOutre1350.jpg

Back
Top Bottom