The Gulag: Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

eos said:
Tried it for a bit, but my PC can't handle the load for long.

Here's what i noticed before the C++ runtime error laid claim:
- did the tutorial quest and got a lot of loot.
- gas-masked soldiers guarding the forts threaten to kill me. (Quite creepy ...)
- my character is the father-in-law of every faction leader
- Commander Pistol is an Axegun without the axe, therefore useless.
- for some places, travelling to a village center either sends you at the bottom of a lake or the buildings aren't generated.
- the Characters page from Notes shows every NPC there is. Or at least tries to...
- the Locations page shows all of the neutral parties as belonging to my character of the Player Faction

cheers

Ok, had this - for some places, travelling to a village center either sends you at the bottom of a lake or the buildings aren't generated, this- the Characters page from Notes shows every NPC there is. Or at least tries to... except it's not the character page for me, it's locations of all things  :facepalm:, AND I am the Father in law of the ENTIRE Balion leadership except the President, in his place I have
PUSCHIN
of all people  :???: MAke of that what you will

My mouse pointer is invisible like a KGB agent in this mod. Other mods don't have this problem so I guess that if I managed to replace the cursor with a different one (the default one or the one from Reckoning mod for a modern feel) it could work. Unfortunately I'm new here and my search skills proved insufficient. Any suggestions what to edit?

Freelancer issue

I join a balion general with 25 Nordic Sniper on my team. when i promoted to Balionic Soldier, i take personal leave and see my army grow to 50 Nord Sniper. Again i promoted to Balionic Sharpshooter and take my leave my army grow to 100 Nord Sniper. What happen actually. Did my army will grow to 200 men next time i promoted?

Odd Man Sam said:
eos said:
Tried it for a bit, but my PC can't handle the load for long.

Here's what i noticed before the C++ runtime error laid claim:
- did the tutorial quest and got a lot of loot.
- gas-masked soldiers guarding the forts threaten to kill me. (Quite creepy ...)
- my character is the father-in-law of every faction leader
- Commander Pistol is an Axegun without the axe, therefore useless.
- for some places, travelling to a village center either sends you at the bottom of a lake or the buildings aren't generated.
- the Characters page from Notes shows every NPC there is. Or at least tries to...
- the Locations page shows all of the neutral parties as belonging to my character of the Player Faction

cheers

Ok, had this - for some places, travelling to a village center either sends you at the bottom of a lake or the buildings aren't generated, this- the Characters page from Notes shows every NPC there is. Or at least tries to... except it's not the character page for me, it's locations of all things  :facepalm:, AND I am the Father in law of the ENTIRE Balion leadership except the President, in his place I have
PUSCHIN
of all people  :???: MAke of that what you will

Same father in law status here

I couldn't understand why this version has too many bugs. Previous one was really stable and playable but people is making complaints about this. What could be source of this all bugs ? FPS weapons were buggy. Thats right. Freelancer added. Kinda buggy. Thats right too. Added new scenes. They don't have any connection about bugs. Added equipments. They don't have any connection about this too. Added some other stuff too.

It must be a bug about lords or starting section.

The bugs I encountered are related to two things.
1. They changed the way uniforms and weapons look and generally made the mod way more resource intensive than it used to be. And this makes it far less reliable to play without crashing.

2. They messed something up with the new scenes as well as the old ones that basically means we get stuff like floating or submerged cities or missing maps.

Both of these problems could, with access to the source be reversed quite easily without actually removing any of the new items or anything. Just revert to the old textures and scenes.

Honestly though between those bugs AND the whole messed up lord tree I think that the proper cure for this mod is a full revert to the last stable version. I am a programmer and as such will tell you that even though that sounds tough there is no shame in doing so.

Every time I get to the last level on besieging a Khergit castle, i get the error that goes something like "unable to find mesh: Khergit_office
No matter which on I lay siege to, it always ends up the same way at the last level...

The only other bug I have found is the bug where grenades will sometimes kill the thrower on certain maps, but that's it. The Khergit_office one is the only one that is semi-game stopping.

Definately my favorite Warband mod, unique and like no other.

I have encountered a bug in which "Player Faction" is hostile to me. I'm playing Red Wars and Player faction is always hostile towards me when I take settlements. I can't wait in my castles and my villagers run away from me.

I haven't found a console command to change relations with factions, is there something I can edit in the save file?

Alvhert said:
My mouse pointer is invisible like a KGB agent in this mod. Other mods don't have this problem so I guess that if I managed to replace the cursor with a different one (the default one or the one from Reckoning mod for a modern feel) it could work. Unfortunately I'm new here and my search skills proved insufficient. Any suggestions what to edit?

I had the same problem.
In the module, in the Textures folder there is a file called cursor.dds
Replacing this with the cursor.dds from another mod (the reckoning in my case) will give you a visible cursor

I have a bug where I join a lord's army and after a while they stop moving. I can increase in rank and get payment, but all the lords around freeze, too. :/

Ports are bugged in 1.90.  My lord went into Balanli port and we got stuck. I retired from service, I couldn't move either. But when I travelled with ship from Port of Praven, there was no problem. Idk if you still care about the mod, but please fix this if you do.

imyungdae said:
Ports are bugged in 1.90.  My lord went into Balanli port and we got stuck. I retired from service, I couldn't move either. But when I travelled with ship from Port of Praven, there was no problem. Idk if you still care about the mod, but please fix this if you do.
Ports currently have various problems such as certain caravans' pathfinding being bugged, not allowing them to access ports, and the fact that if you get released from captivity while on water you'll be stuck there. But the mod is currently being re-made, so this won't be an issue in the new version.

Everyone must already know about the soundtrack getting stuck on "Land of Hope and Glory"........ it can't be just in my game ( Quitting doesn't shake it; I have to Exit ). The music is a potentially winning feature though, with more variety in 2.0 hopefully - Gershwin ?  Ravel ?  Debussy ?  Prokofiev ?  et al .

I can find a few companions only, out of what could be many ( "Sheridan",  et al ) ie in the character list ... do they all exist, yet ?  And can we turn off companion's complaints ( eg Camp options ) in 2.0, please ?

Modelling and textures could be brought up to current standards eg coats, uniforms, Lewis gun, are "blurry". Could the Lewis gun please lose its bipod, as we are not going to shoot it prone, and it would look much cooler with clean lines ?

Any chance of adding a Swazi Schmeisser MP 38, and the earlier Erma SMG ?  A Nordic Suomi SMG ?  A Vaegir ppSh ? A Thompson SMG, with drum magazine ?  A Colt 1911 .45 ?  An arm model that looks less like a long tentacle when shooting a pistol in first person ?

Thanks for all your time and work Reus and team  - I am looking forward to a bit of that "Perisno sex-appeal" buffing up everything / everyone ( including "next generation"pleasing, pretty faces, all round, please, a la Perisno, and female - form - fitting smart Modern clothing and uniforms ), with a twist of diesel punk ( eg the cool combat armours ). And the touches of humour are greatly appreciated - Red Wars is bursting with great ideas and great potential, and could be a work of art and Art Deco style, the funnest, most entertaining, most engaging mod, with your development and polishing - a Christmas present ?

I was having a great time with the mod, at least until the leader of the faction I was working for as a mercenary got permanently stuck in a village. No party on the map, and no individual in the town scene, so no way to access the character. The next faction I chose to work for had its marshal get stuck in a port, so I couldn't join him on campaign. There were 3 other lords stuck in the same port. When a third faction's marshal got stuck in a port, I gave up on the mercenary idea.

At one point, a ship chased one of the faction lords across the land map, which was a jaw-dropping moment, and later I discovered a ship stuck against a shoreline. There were numerous caravans scattered around the map or against a shoreline, not moving.

Eventually, I decided to go it alone and attack a faction, since working for a faction seemed to have more than its share of issues. There was no "castle" in the scene, just an open hillside with all of my assaulting troops and all of the defending troops placed intermingled on the map in one huge melee....and then somebody threw grenades. Another castle had a destructible door, which the NPCs couldn't figure out to attack, so I had to do it myself while the entire assault party clustered around me. When the door broke, it "flipped over", forming a fresh door a foot or two behind the original, and again, someone immediately threw a grenade, wiping out the entire attacking force clustered around the door in one catastrophic burst of flame. After 3 tries, I gave up on it.

There's so much to like about the mod, but so many bugs. It's REALLY a shame that this project hasn't been continued by the original modder, or picked up and continued by someone else (with permission, of course).

Back
Top Bottom