The Great and Powerful Original Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First download the core game from Repository which includes patch 1 and 2.

Then after thats installed download the 3rd link, aka the 0.72 patch and have it over-write whatever files it needs to.

This will get you to the most recent version of the game.  Ignore the 2nd link, since its now out-dated xD

Anyways, it's time for me to start editing the armour and equipment used by carca and the others (fun) xD

can you please upload the patch on the repository since the megaupload's link is down.. :sad:

i've noticed that it doesn't work nor for me neither for my friend turambarmakart...maybe there's a problem with the italian version of megaupload but it doesn't work for s.. :sad:

There is nothing wrong with the megaupload.

the problem is in the link he posted.  If you put your cursor over the link at the bottom left you'll see /url at the end of the address.  When you click the link it's trying to direct you to 'name' + /url which is an invalid address.  just erase the /url from the address bar at the top and hit f5 and the 2.5 patch will appear in perfect working order.

Hey boss! USE URLS PROPERLY! hehe xD

I'll have to fix that then. I just thought that was the way to make the url have a different name.  But Ill change it.
Is this the right way?
Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=post;msg=1659809;topic=63585.60;dc24e7988=796ed128cf2bff01983d456e725411d0] Am a a giant button? [/url]
Ok I think it is right now.

No.

it's
Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=63585.msg1660052#msg1660052] Hello people [/url]

:smile: thats why it didn't work correctly

Was the url= part the problem then.  The links seem to work again anyway.  And I just figured out how to make clickable sig-tags yea! And Barf has made a beautiful new claymore for Gutts. Its got a great texture too.

Yeah, thats just how php coding works, it has to be
Code:
[url=http://enter url]
for it to even work.

and clickable images are easy, I do lots of php editing on forums so I know the coding fairly well if you need something organising php wise. :smile:

when i go to the camp menu screen and try to play as one of my companions i get an error how can i fix this?

well its says

Illegal value in statement; opcode = 2133 line NO: 0
AT:menu_choose_npc Item mno_ play (than the companion's name) consequence.

I'll try something to quickly fix that.  In anticipation of future changes I had it go through the who "$g_player_troop" is "trp" thing first and then set the "$g_player_troop" to the player.  But I'll make it a direct switch to the npc and see if that works. Does it crash to desktop or just give errors? Okay its fixed now I'm adding the new patch momentarily.  I think that your main character doesn't join the battle for some reason when you play as a different npc but let me know if he does.

Its a wierd error the command I use in that menu is the identical one to the one used in quickbattles to set player troop.  I found a way to let you play as the troop but then Gutts won't fight in battle.  Its strange because he is still in the party.  I'll have to ask the creator of the custom commander mod for advice I guess. Well at least now you can play as any character you want, and your main character(Gutts) will still gain xp after the battle is over.  There is a lot I want to do with this feature but its a start anyway.  I'm going to reshade some more armors expect a patch soon.

I have a slight question. I have way over 1000 renown and I have not joined any empire. But the king finally told me to take doldrey. So i found it it was controlled by the green faction. I conquered it and yet the quest was not completed and the king says i dont have it yet. Also i cant find any of thoes spawning armies i was supposed to find at 500 renown or 750. What should I do.

Great mod btw ^.^

Well the parties at 500 and 750 will spawn at random and just attack random midland targets.  They may have just been defeated.  But those parties don't affect the main storyline at all.  Were you a merc when you took doldrey or by yourself? I could have sworn I put a check to make sure you were affiliated with midland before the king would give the quest.  I'll take a look at that.  The quest probably isn't over because it doesn't belong to midland it belongs to you. It ends when doldrey is Midland's. Your best bet is to let it be recaptured join midland by becoming a merc then capture it again.
EDIT: Ok the new patch will check to make sure that you are affiliated with midland before giving the quest.  It also makes all the new OSP items shiney and beautiful, unless they shouldn't be of course.

Thank you for releasing this Berserker, it looks like a very unique take on the game especially with the story elements and I'm flattered that you're using my mod for it. I'll definitely try it out in the next week or so.

I had a quest which i had to kill somebody in matsuo castle, but this doesnt appear on the map, it was on day 10 or somethin of my game, the time to make it past and i couldnt make it and theres happens nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom