SP Medieval The Golden Horde (new screens 8th feb)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dreadus, it is very beautiful mod. I'll strongly wait for its output (because I slightly Russian too, he-he). Also don't take offence at a small amount of comments. Them will be much more after release. ))

Since you asked for criticism:

Why is the abdomen exposed? The belly is an extremely vulnerable place on a warrior and true lamellar and scale armours are relatively flexible - at least enough that they can be used to protect the stomach without limiting movement. I'd bring the lamellar down lower, or at least make two versions (light and heavy lamellar?) with one version having more overall coverage.

Damien, I based the armour from a reference pic. It is not a child of my imagination, as i am aiming for historical accuracy.

This might be interesting: could you have an archery contest? maby as an add on ot the arena. I'm not sure if it's at all possible...but it would be vary cool if you could :grin:

Damien, I based the armour from a reference pic. It is not a child of my imagination, as i am aiming for historical accuracy.

Works for me. Just thought I'd bring up the discrepancy. Do you have an online copy of the reference pic? I'm just curious.

Damien, although I do not doubt that you are an expert in medieval arms and armor, you should perhaps leave the modding to the modders. Arguing with every single person about historical accuracy or how heavy a sword weighs really doesn't give you a good reputation. I act like a ***** all the time, and everyone hates me. See? now, let's see if we can try looking at something stupid and wrong, and NOT saying anything about it. Do it with me *opens up any of Death101's posts* look at what the retard wrote. Read it. Now, go outside, take out a weapon or blunt object, and repeatedly hit an inanimate object. I happen to enjoy using a two-by-four on a tree. Alright? done. Congradulations, you've just completed "Shutting the Hell up for Dummies".

What the **** is your problem, Archer? The modder in question -asked- for criticism. I looked at his design and gave my thoughts. He responded with why he designed it that way, and I said "okay."

Maybe you should retake your "shutting the hell up" class? Or kindly enter into a class I'm lecturing: "Minding Your Own ****ing Business for Smartasses?" Just a thought.

(And no, the 'swear words' are not an indication of anger or a raised voice.)

hmmm, Minding your own Business for Smartasses? I just might try that. Thanks for the suggestion. Oh, by the way, I think for forgot to call me a twit.

I didn't forget. It was in my mind. I'm doing something that's been suggested to me; exercising restraint. Don't push it, it's hard enough as it is.

Thank you. It has come to my attention that I can be a bit too harsh, or too quick to jump on people. So I'm trying to work on that, and I'm hoping certain other people will just try harder not to be twits in the meantime.

shut up the two of you, if its not Aragorn, your not allowed to argue :wink:
Archer, yeah people do ask for help, and Damien is generally best to answer it correctly so hey, he can be a smartarse if he wants to.

Alright, I apologize for my rude and partly-uncalled for comment. Everyone else pissed at me, listen up! I will try not to be too critical of your criticisms. Unless you're Aragorn or Death101, you all have my apologies for whatever I may have, intentionally, or unintentionally, said or done to you.

psst. Damien. your turn.

ArabArcher35 said:
Damien, although I do not doubt that you are an expert in medieval arms and armor, you should perhaps leave the modding to the modders. Arguing with every single person about historical accuracy or how heavy a sword weighs really doesn't give you a good reputation. I act like a ***** all the time, and everyone hates me. See? now, let's see if we can try looking at something stupid and wrong, and NOT saying anything about it. Do it with me *opens up any of Death101's posts* look at what the retard wrote. Read it. Now, go outside, take out a weapon or blunt object, and repeatedly hit an inanimate object. I happen to enjoy using a two-by-four on a tree. Alright? done. Congradulations, you've just completed "Shutting the Hell up for Dummies".

Damiens suggestions are almost always good so I have nothing against his posts. If I was going to the effort of making a mod as big as this, I'd want to know if I had made a small and easily fixable mistake rather than having everyone just saying OMG AWESOME!!!

yeah but he cant help rubbing his "good"-ness in other people's faces.

It's not that he's wrong, it's just that he's trying to rub the fact that we were wrong in our faces, thus making him look like a retard who wants attention.

message boards are so much more fun with smartasses to liven up discussion, though preferably ones that are knowledgable smartasses so they actually contribute as well

I don't claim to be knowlegable in much, just what I'm interested in. And the evolution of european swords and armor is not what I'm interested in. Go a bit farther east.

This isn't a fantasy mod, its a historical mod. So, Damien was essentially arguing with reality, not the mod. Say, we where doing a historical mod about a bunch of simpletons who held their swords by the blade and struck people with the hilt, even though that doesn't make sense, we'd still have the people in our mod use their swords in that way to be realistic.

Though I don't think getting aggressive was neccessary, I'm glad someone pointed this out to Damien to avoid pointless crits in future.

Python said:
This isn't a fantasy mod, its a historical mod. So, Damien was essentially arguing with reality, not the mod. Say, we where doing a historical mod about a bunch of simpletons who held their swords by the blade and struck people with the hilt, even though that doesn't make sense, we'd still have the people in our mod use their swords in that way to be realistic.

Heh, that actually is a valid technique.

While half-swording (an appropriate sword) you can move both hands to the blade, swing the sword, and strike with the pommel.

It's not a constant stance mind you, it's a particular strike.

Back
Top Bottom