SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Users who are viewing this thread

Narcissa said:
Gwarv said:
That would be a tough one to implement I think as the AI factions would also need the ability to do so in order to retain balance.

Not necessarily.

Borderlands, Cairhien, Tear, Illian, The Children of the Light, Falme, Ghealdan, Tarabon, Altara, Far Madding, Murandy and Mayene, Two Rivers and The Band had no access to them in the books. Shadowspawn die when they pass through, and Trollocs are the overwhelming majority of forces they have. Some of the above had limited access granted by the Dragon in the form of Asha'man, but that was a Legion of the Dragon by proxy thing.

Seafolk and Seanchan didn't gain it til later points in the plot than most. Aiel always had it (at least one did) but I don't remember them ever using it until book 12 and they still preferred running about once they were in the right nation.

That leaves White Tower, The Legion of the Dragon and possibly Shara as the main users of travelling.

If dreamspikes were implemented they should only be for places they'd potentially be used.

The Black Tower, The White Tower, Shayul Gul, Rhuidean, Far Madding by default should remove chanellers from armies during sieges aswell as this. Cairhien or Caemlyn are 'maybes'

Generally places of power/capitals of chaneller rulers.

Although I have to raise the point that a small circle around a city won't stop travelling being a good move if you want to attack Tar Valon from Seander. Cuts the walk immensely.

Dreamspikes covered about 4 leagues, roughly 16.5 miles, so you shouldn't be able to travel to any fief connected to the Dreamspiked place.

Lilly112 said:
Dreamspikes covered about 4 leagues, roughly 16.5 miles, so you shouldn't be able to travel to any fief connected to the Dreamspiked place.

What I mean is.. Dreamspikes stop you travelling inside the city walls. Which is something that doesn't occur in Mount and Blade anyway. The only advantage offered by travelling is being able to jump directly to the city. Even accounting for 16.5 miles you'd be able to jump within sight of the city and ride to in in about 5 seconds on the map.

Dreamspikes don't have static range. You can change them. This is revealed in aMoL, but it's nothing spoilery. And dreamspikes stop you travelling where it has been placed. If you wanted, you could even set one up whenever your party camps, assuming you own one.

It has been awhile since i played M&B Warband or any of it's mods. And this recent version of The Gathering storm left me thinking WTF happened to channeling. Has it been nerfed for some reason?

I used the fireball weave over 15 times on one target and still could do no damage. So curious as to the extent of this nerfing i enabled cheats and leveled my character to level 25, raising all Channeling related skills to 6 and Channeling Proficiency to over 225. I was finally able to kill with the fireball but it took around 10-13 blasts to kill anyone. So from what i gather Channeling is useless at low levels, and just a bit less useless if you work to level it.

I can understand not wanting magic to be crazy overpowered but at the same time fire really loses it's effect when everyone seems to be immune to it's effects. Honestly if a person is able to channel fire to the extent of hurling fireballs at enemies then it should actually do damage relative to the effects of fire in real life. One sword swing, one spear thrust, or one bolt from a crossbow can kill a man, a couple fireballs to the chest should do the same.

All spells do zero damage because damage is not being reported, and while fireballs certainly don't murder enemies instantly, the stamina cost is cheap and you can evade your enemies enough to cast enough fireballs for the splash and DoTs to kill them.

Tumetsu said:
Wasn't it possible to freely Travel inside of the dreamspike  range and only moving through the barrier was impossible?

Opening gateways doesn't work like that. Only TAR hopping.

Narcissa said:
Tumetsu said:
Wasn't it possible to freely Travel inside of the dreamspike  range and only moving through the barrier was impossible?

I might be wrong about this but I think
Androl was able to do gates in the Black Tower while the dreamspike was in place

Macrath said:
It has been awhile since i played M&B Warband or any of it's mods. And this recent version of The Gathering storm left me thinking WTF happened to channeling. Has it been nerfed for some reason?

I used the fireball weave over 15 times on one target and still could do no damage. So curious as to the extent of this nerfing i enabled cheats and leveled my character to level 25, raising all Channeling related skills to 6 and Channeling Proficiency to over 225. I was finally able to kill with the fireball but it took around 10-13 blasts to kill anyone. So from what i gather Channeling is useless at low levels, and just a bit less useless if you work to level it.

I can understand not wanting magic to be crazy overpowered but at the same time fire really loses it's effect when everyone seems to be immune to it's effects. Honestly if a person is able to channel fire to the extent of hurling fireballs at enemies then it should actually do damage relative to the effects of fire in real life. One sword swing, one spear thrust, or one bolt from a crossbow can kill a man, a couple fireballs to the chest should do the same.
Fireballs do big part of their total damage over time.
I think the weave scaling system works quite well so that you can't run around killing everyone just because you have the ability to channel. However if you invest a lot of skill points you can still easily murder armies with Fire Curtain

Well Perrin was shutting the dreamspike down concurrent with Androl doing that and it had preventing him from doing so up to that point. So I would stick with it being an Endor scenario

Just stumbled across this site and downloaded the game. I am a huge Fan Of WOT and so far love finding this game. Thanks for putting it together and for all the work you guys put into it, I expect to have a lot of fun, sorry SWOTOR.

"We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
  We ran to the sounds of the Thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
  and tore the world asunder."
    Poem from the Third Age
      Sometimes attributed to The Dragon Reborn​

Tumetsu said:
Narcissa said:
Tumetsu said:

I might be wrong about this but I think
Androl was able to do gates in the Black Tower while the dreamspike was in place

Well, Androl is capable of making extremely powerful gateways, so he probably just overpowered the Dreamspike. The tiny power of that "gateway" showed just how impossible that feat was.

Hey Mat, I just want to say that Taleworlds owes you, because the only reason I got this game was to play your mod :smile: I haven't even played Native yet. I have some questions tho. There are 2 weaves that don't do anything. They just fire what looks like a javelin. The icon of one is what looks like a plant sprout, and the other one looks like a white scepter being held by a hand. What the heck are these supposed to do?

Back
Top Bottom