SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Users who are viewing this thread

mat2rivs said:
Vieira151 said:
Hey, I've been getting into some basic modding if you want some help.  :smile:

I can do modelling, though don't expect anything particularly good in a short space of time!  :lol:

The first thing I made was an ashandarei, and got it working in my(*ahem*) Muck Around copy of your module.  :cool: I'm still working on a decent texture(as well is trying my hand at creating my own mod) to stick on it though, as I'm not very good at that part yet. Also, these next two weeks I'll be really, really busy due to uni and coursework for it, but after that I should be fine.  :grin:

Just give me a shout if you want me to work on anything. I can also do a bit of python scripting(not done much, not had a proper look in yet) but I'm sure if you need help I could work on something for you.

Also, looking forward to 0.2.6!  :razz:

EDIT:
mb1bk.jpg

mb2yh.jpg

mb3h.jpg

Also just npticed, it could be made a bit shorter, possibly...  :mad:
Looks pretty cool.  If you want your finalized version to show up in The Gathering Storm, let me know.  I agree it might be a little too long as is.  (Looks like Guan Yu's weapon from Dynasty Warriors. :smile: Though we all know Mat could tear Guan Yu apart.)

If you want an idea for something else to model...
You could make Perrin's huge warhammer.

I won't turn down an offer for help.  Let me know when things settle down in a few weeks.

For those who are interested, here's the link to the development wiki that Vaerraent set up.
Development Wiki: http://mountblade.mcr00t.eu:8000/my_trac/wiki

Enjoy,
mat
i think it would be cool to have perrins hammer... but i think it would also be cool if we good get a good version of his wicked half mooned ax

Suggestion: Rename the horse types to something WoT-esque. Robert Jordan doesn't say "Desert Horse" he says "Domani Razor". He calls them things like roan geldings, etc Go to http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/ and click All Creatures, then Horses for a list of the named horses in the series and their types.

Mordaunt said:
Suggestion: Rename the horse types to something WoT-esque. Robert Jordan doesn't say "Desert Horse" he says "Domani Razor". He calls them things like roan geldings, etc Go to http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/ and click All Creatures, then Horses for a list of the named horses in the series and their types.
But if I name it Damani Razor, then I'll have to find a zebra texture.  :smile:  (At least that's how I interpret this...)

http://library.tarvalon.net/index.php?title=Arad_Doman said:
Domani razors are a rare breed of horse that are not, generally speaking, sold to outlanders. Razors are marked with black meeting white in straight lines that could have been sliced by a razor (KoD, Ch. 6)). Razors are favored by Domani bloodborn (KoD, Ch. 8 )).

I do think that's a valid idea though.

Vaerraent said:
Good work, Vieira! The blade could do with being thickened a bit on the back edge with a slightly less acute curve, though this is just my opinion. If you'd like me to have a go at texturing it (texturing used to be my speciality), send me the material and I'll see what I can do. I'll happily send you the PSDs. :smile:

Basically, if you want to know the textures. I use the 3rd wood texture to the left in Weapons3 darkened till near black, and I've been making the blade texture from scratch in PS. I'm just having trouble shiny-ing it up. I think that would make it look decent.

Also, I'll have a muck around with the actual model, see if I can shorten it, and maybe make it look cooler and more badass.  :lol:

mat2rivs said:
Vieira151 said:
Hey, I've been getting into some basic modding if you want some help.  :smile:

I can do modelling, though don't expect anything particularly good in a short space of time!  :lol:

The first thing I made was an ashandarei, and got it working in my(*ahem*) Muck Around copy of your module.  :cool: I'm still working on a decent texture(as well is trying my hand at creating my own mod) to stick on it though, as I'm not very good at that part yet. Also, these next two weeks I'll be really, really busy due to uni and coursework for it, but after that I should be fine.  :grin:

Just give me a shout if you want me to work on anything. I can also do a bit of python scripting(not done much, not had a proper look in yet) but I'm sure if you need help I could work on something for you.

Also, looking forward to 0.2.6!  :razz:

EDIT:
mb1bk.jpg

mb2yh.jpg

mb3h.jpg

Also just npticed, it could be made a bit shorter, possibly...  :mad:
Looks pretty cool.  If you want your finalized version to show up in The Gathering Storm, let me know.  I agree it might be a little too long as is.  (Looks like Guan Yu's weapon from Dynasty Warriors. :smile: Though we all know Mat could tear Guan Yu apart.)

If you want an idea for something else to model...
You could make Perrin's huge warhammer.

I won't turn down an offer for help.  Let me know when things settle down in a few weeks.

Yeah, I've read all 13 books.  :smile:

Yeah, I was just thinking about things like that. I could do some modelling for the main characters and their outfits. Make them unique from the other soldiers in the game. Eg, make some items and textures that only they will have. For folk such as Rand, Mat, Perrin, Nynaeve, Lan, Egwene(not sure what is so unique here  :oops:), Elayne, Avi, Min, Thom etc
Eg things like mat's hat and scarf, rand's red jacket, dragon tattoos(for gloves  :lol:) and callandor(or his heron blade), perrin's hammer(though that might be difficult to make it look as nice as the book makes it seem), Lan's hadori, Nynaeve's ki-sain and I can't really really think of other important items people carry.

Really cool mod.  I'm on book 13 right now on my first reading of the series, so it's really cool to experience some of the book.

Anyways, last night while I was attending a feast at the white tower I discovered someone pretty interesting.  Padan Fain was hanging out with the Aes Sedai.  I talked to him, and he told me that Shaidar Haran was a usurper and he should be the true king of the  Shadowspawn.  Though, I think he was slightly confused as he also referred to Shaidar Haran as "King Yaroglek".  Was pretty amusing.  I fully intend to see him to be the leader of the Shadowspawn (on another save)!

:smile: the things go better and better as i see :smile:
congrats - the mod looks best of all mods i had known...

Hey just wanted to say great mod, love the one power and how you have implemented it. Only suggestion i have is maybe change the animation for the one power if you can. A hand or 2 hands out kinda shooting would look pretty cool and make this really stand out for me. Thanks for your hard work on the mod having lots of fun with it.

borge12 said:
Really cool mod.  I'm on book 13 right now on my first reading of the series, so it's really cool to experience some of the book.

Anyways, last night while I was attending a feast at the white tower I discovered someone pretty interesting.  Padan Fain was hanging out with the Aes Sedai.  I talked to him, and he told me that Shaidar Haran was a usurper and he should be the true king of the  Shadowspawn.  Though, I think he was slightly confused as he also referred to Shaidar Haran as "King Yaroglek".  Was pretty amusing.  I fully intend to see him to be the leader of the Shadowspawn (on another save)!
Hopefully we can get those Calradia references cleaned up.  Good luck bringing Padan Fain to power!

zelig said:
Thanks!  Hope your school work is going well.  :smile:

Merkin said:
Hey just wanted to say great mod, love the one power and how you have implemented it. Only suggestion i have is maybe change the animation for the one power if you can. A hand or 2 hands out kinda shooting would look pretty cool and make this really stand out for me. Thanks for your hard work on the mod having lots of fun with it.
Finding another animation is on the list, but it's not a super high priority... yet.  I'm glad you are enjoying the mod!

any news on adding the diplomacy mod to the game? also any info on what to do about the over abundance of characters and the messed up family system? its really strange reading that egwene has a husband and her daughter is married to the son of a shadow spawn. things like that should be allowed to happen. the shadowspawn should be stuck in their own faction, no marrying white tower or aiel family members. its just odd.

mat2rivs said:
Hopefully we can get those Calradia references cleaned up.  Good luck bringing Padan Fain to power!

zelig said:
Thanks!  Hope your school work is going well.  :smile:

When I was in Baerlon, i asked a townsman to tell me about rumors - there was reference about Calradia

It's not a school :smile: it's an university

Hey!
Mat2rivs! Finally i have idea how to make stopping field (at least for one power) that will not end memory of computer: after weaving of the field you make object near caster that will dissolve if the caster move more than 5 meters from the point of casting(on point you can put shining globe). that field will push any enemy out side(as air blast) or will hold any enemy. of course you need to built in to any weave check of presence of the  object of the field.

as for healing you can put summoned ashaman or aes sedai that will check - if health of PC less than any level that you want.

for stopping field from arrows - you can put only object of round wall(invisible or no)

(i'll try to make it in my alfa-stage mod)

Back
Top Bottom