SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Users who are viewing this thread

ok well just deleted all of my saved files on there and made a new one and emonds field is still all desert like. ok just to get things stright here is emonds field supposed to look like the emonds field in custom battle

I guess that everyone=archers is because you are using guarantee_all. Troops with guarantee_ranged are considered archers and it seems "all" includes "ranged". :wink: I think using tf_guarantee_[stuff]|tf_guarantee_[more_stuff] solves it.

What about skipping the very first upgrade and starting from the next, Borderland Recruit (East) and the like?

well i think i have came up with something one changing the desert villages/castles in to the right stuff. ( like emonds field actually being emonds field instead of looking like its out int the aiel wast ) is there a way were i cant take the code for the custom battle emonds field and past it to were it is the story mode emonds field and also do that with the castles and stuff like that. is it possible or am i just dreaming of a lost cause.

Tanit:
If you want to fix up some of the text, I won't say no.  And if you do know your way around the python files and know where the text should go, that's cool too.  I did a rush job on some of that one evening, but I know I missed tons of Native references.

Lorenzogarch put together some ideas for companions and also character creation text.  I need to get it all into the mod sometime soon.  But, any new ideas are worth mentioning.

Perrin:
In your game, is there snow in the Borderlands, (not just up by Shayol Ghul?).  If so, then the map is good.  Make sure you are also overwriting all of the scenes that are included in the patch files.  scn_village_99 or something like that is Emond's Field.

On the post you just made...  The patch should have made Emond's Field into the scene I made.  Scening is totally possible.  And fairly easy to learn.  I'll probably integrate the Shienar Border Tower into the single-player game somewhere.  I could add a few empty scenes that you could find in multiplayer if you want to try your hand at scening.  Just have the game in edit mode, host your own game, do team deathmatch with no bots, and press Ctrl+E.  There a quite a few tutorials out there on scening.  It's definitely my plan to make most of the important scenes from the series.  But, I'm just one guy, and I have a job, and family.  I promise, in 5 years or so, I could make this mod awesome.  :grin:  (Unless my wife reads this post, then I'm finished!)

Tumetsu:
I will take a look at what flags Native gives to archers/cavalry/infantry.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I'll also take a look at the code that controls village recruiting.  I might be able to make it so you can chose recruits from different countries represented by the factions.  I want to avoid messing with the actual factions because that is a ton of re-work.

no the border lands dose not have snow in it it still looks the same im going to try to totally  delete everything that deals with the gathering storm one more time and redownload it all again lol

ok so i redownloaded it and reinstalled it now when i try to start it up it says

RGL ERROR
Unable to open files: Modules\The Gathering Storm\Resource\magic.brf

that is exactly what it says what do i have to do

It sounds like maybe the original download is getting corrupted.  I can add the magic.brf to the next patch I make, but that error shouldn't be happening.  Since you never got that error before, I could suggest what you probably don't want to hear.  Try the download again.  I'll maybe have to try putting the whole thing up again.  And also the patch.  (meaning the v0.2.3 patch I'm working on)

...along the same lines as your all troops = archers issue...kind of...: with the most recent version of the module system, 1.134, a number of very useful new operations became available to modders. Have you taken a look? Notably they include the ability to code agents into different divisions (agent_set_division) so you can use native movement orders, etc, with AI troops specialized into the full 10 divisions, rather than just 3 and an on-hit mission trigger (ti_on_agent_hit) that can be very useful for special damage coding, depending on who hit whom with what and how hard, etc.

Also, you've done a good job with agent slots, linking warders and Aes Sedai, damane and sul'dam, etc. What about linking Trollocs to their Myrddraal? That way, you could code that killing a Fade will take out the Trollocs linked to it as it should...and that Trollocs fight better if driven by/linked to a Lurk than if they were fighting on their own.

Caba`drin said:
...along the same lines as your all troops = archers issue...kind of...: with the most recent version of the module system, 1.134, a number of very useful new operations became available to modders. Have you taken a look? Notably they include the ability to code agents into different divisions (agent_set_division) so you can use native movement orders, etc, with AI troops specialized into the full 10 divisions, rather than just 3 and an on-hit mission trigger (ti_on_agent_hit) that can be very useful for special damage coding, depending on who hit whom with what and how hard, etc.

Also, you've done a good job with agent slots, linking warders and Aes Sedai, damane and sul'dam, etc. What about linking Trollocs to their Myrddraal? That way, you could code that killing a Fade will take out the Trollocs linked to it as it should...and that Trollocs fight better if driven by/linked to a Lurk than if they were fighting on their own.

I haven't looked much at the new Module Systems because I figured that it would be a royal pain to port the mod from MS1.126 to MS1.134.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I'm pretty sure I have modified most of the files, and some of them very extensively.  I was hoping to wait until Taleworlds released a final version of the game.  That AI stuff sounds interesting though.  Could keep the Aes Sedai from getting their heads clipped.

The Trolloc/Fade relationship also has potential.  Would want to use AI though so Fades don't rush in and get killed.  How would you go about making Trollocs fight better?  There aren't any operations like (quit_fighting_like_a_wimp, <agent_id>), are there?  I guess you could give them a slow heal over time buff while their Myrddraal is alive.  Or something along those lines.

Good News!
For those interested in how I probably screwed up multiplayer, you can check out the V0.2.3 patch that is available.  (Links in original post)
I hope the World Map and Emonds Field works for you in this one Perrin.

mat2rivs said:
I haven't looked much at the new Module Systems because I figured that it would be a royal pain to port the mod from MS1.126 to MS1.134.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I'm pretty sure I have modified most of the files, and some of them very extensively.  I was hoping to wait until Taleworlds released a final version of the game.
...I think you'll be waiting a good while for that 'final version'. Since you have marked up your code so well, copy-paste is really all that will be needed for much of the porting, without needing to pay too much attention to the code. Definitely tedious and time consuming, though.

Another consideration is there are a goodly number of code bugs that have been repaired in the numerous versions since 1.126--one important one is the "lazy lords" bug whereby, beginning with 1.126 and lasting until 1.131, lords without a castle or town rarely would leave a friend's castle/town. (A fix for this is in my sig--via the ModSys code link--but this is one of a few similar examples.)

mat2rivs said:
The Trolloc/Fade relationship also has potential.  Would want to use AI though so Fades don't rush in and get killed.  How would you go about making Trollocs fight better?  There aren't any operations like (quit_fighting_like_a_wimp, <agent_id>), are there?  I guess you could give them a slow heal over time buff while their Myrddraal is alive.  Or something along those lines.

I hadn't put a whole lot of thought on that yet...healing is an option. Affecting morale/routing is another. A potential operation dealing with this:
(agent_ai_set_aggressiveness, <agent_id>, <value>), #100 is the default aggressiveness. higher the value, less likely to run back
...otherwise, dealing with the morale agent slot would work.

Another option would be messing with the trolloc's speed...
(agent_set_speed_limit,<agent_id>,<speed_limit(kilometers/hour)>), #Affects AI only
Or with their decision-making about movement over attacking
(agent_ai_set_always_attack_in_melee, <agent_id>,<value>), #to be used in sieges so that agents don't wait on the ladder.

I don't know fully what all those operations do exactly but they might be worth monkeying with.

I'm missing the Talk to Village Elder -option :cry:

Btw Myrddaal = Fade, right? But what is Draghkar or Lurk? It has been a while when I last touched the books and because I didn't read them in English I have little problems with terms.

I registered just to say i love this mod  :shock: But besides that. Ive only found one error so far..

Upon entering ANY village that has bandits It errors and all battle stats ( damage, kills etc.) dissapear. I dont ahve the error code atm since it slipped my mind to clip it.

Simple game restart and it clears right up tho.

Other then that this maybe my favorite mod yet.

Ill post the error if i get it again if you want

All right, new patch, new character and new set of bugs. :smile:

Bind doesn't work if target is routing. It also does damage all the time or something similar because I was trying to stop the guy in Follow spy meeting -quest and he died after I Binded him. No fireballs or similar had hit him.
Chain lightning doesn't work properly. It sometimes hits several targets but usually nothing happens. I switched back to the trusty fireball.

It's very difficult to make Seanchan or Follower of Dragon army because both factions have only single village that gives the faction's recruits. When they conquer more land the new villages give only the former faction's recruits.

Tumetsu said:
Btw Myrddaal = Fade, right? But what is Draghkar or Lurk? It has been a while when I last touched the books and because I didn't read them in English I have little problems with terms.
I should have made my post more clear and not played the Half-Man synonym game...there I did it again!

Myrddrraal = Fade = Lurk = Half-man = Eyeless....etc...etc

Tumetsu:
Are you missing the talk to Village Elder option in all villages?  Or just Emonds Field?  The village elder in Emonds Field is right in front of the Winespring Inn.  (In the center of town, with the monsterous tree and tables inside the walls.)

Myrddraal = Fade = Lurk
Draghkar = flying guy in books who croons to seduce people, and when they get close, it kisses them and sucks out their soul.  In the mod, they don't have wings, but have a pale face with large eyes.

The new patch will change Bind.  Bind was pretty much worthless in multiplayer because when you fought Tar Valon, all your troops ended up standing around doing nothing.  So, I changed it for multiplayer so it dealt 2 damage per second for 10 seconds.

In single player, bind will hold an enemy in place for 10 seconds and deal 2 damage per second for 10 seconds.  I could change that back if most people prefer it the old way.  In the current and previous versions of the mod, routed troups would always run away, even when bound.  I guess fear is stronger than the one power.

Chain lightning has been working off and on since the beginning.  I've spent a bunch of time debugging it, but I can't seem to find the problem.  Maybe one of the coders like Caba'drin could take a look at the code if time allows.  It should be in module_items.  The item is called power_player.  The chain lightning weave is number 10 or 11.

I know about the recruiting problem for faction with few towns.  I'm going to try to find a way to fix that for the next patch.  I would like to make it so conquered villiages give the new owner's recruits.  And also make it so you can recruit from castles and towns.
Kotton:
Battle messages all seem to disappear if the game engine tries posting a ton of them in too short of a time.  Ie a trigger that posts an error every hundredth of a second.  If you are able to reproduce that error again, please let me know what the message says.  Another way to kill messages is to chain caste something like fireball into a huge mass of troops.  (This will create too many messages, which will cause them to disappear until you restart the game.

I'm glad you are enjoying the mod.
Perrin:
Awesome!

Does anyone like the multiplayer stuff, or was that basically a waste of time for this crowd?  I hope to focus more and more on single player improvements from here on out.

I can find Village Elders (eventually) they are not missing, I was just saying that I'd like to see the option "Talk to Village Elder" in the Village menu like some other mods. I think I have spent today about an hours looking for those stealthy Elders...

You don't need to restart game to get reports back, they will return after a while when game has scrolled them all through.

I haven't yet touched the multiplayer side but I think I'm going to do it now.

Perrin:
You can't start in Fal Moran any more because it was one of those desert cities that was out of place.  Now, that city is Tear.  It would have messed up a lot of the startup quests to do too much with that stuff.  I could probably make it so you have a better selection of starting cities, but I don't know that it's worth the time...  since starting city matters for about 5 minutes.

Besides, starting in the waste or the blight would just be cruel.  Trollocs and Aiel bandits are much stronger than the wetlander alternative.

lol ok

ok well any way im going to start a online match with the WoT mod on emonds field. idk what nations im going to use yet ( aiel and seanchan ) but ya if you want to join come in and have some fun the and i have no clue how to set the server name every time i do it changes

Back
Top Bottom