SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi quick question, just dled this and what do I do with the module system folder? I don't see anything about it in the install instructions. Thanks.

shaelor

Squire
M&B
KeyerSoze: AI magic sort of work like artillery. In that video you linked the enemy is all infantry charging slowly and in a tight group. That is the easiest form for your channellers to attack. Armies will mostly spread out and thus your magic attacks will miss a lot of the time and hurt individuals instead of groups. If enemy army has cavalry they will be harder to hit and reach your channellers faster. So for me channelling is not OP in all scenarios and you will need clever use of infantry and cavalry to survive. I'd say it is stronger in the books than in the mod. However, if you choose to become a channeller yourself you will become like immensely powerful rather quickly. You will shoot much faster and use the right magic compared to the AI.

Earl of bronze: Not entirely sure what you mean. You put the folder into the modules folder in Warband.

What I mean is that I have 2 folders after unzipping. One is the Gathering Storm. The other is named Module_System 1.143_WoT_MoD_0.2.7a

I know what to do with the Gathering Storm folder but not the Module one.

shaelor

Squire
M&B
I believe you can ignore the second file. I think it is only interesting for those who want to make larger changes to the mod (or continue his Mats work).

Ok I have been playing this way more than I should and had a strange thing happen. I went into a battle with max party size of 101. I took on 320+ Dragonsworn Bandits because I wanted their prisoners to replace some recent losses. I won with 2 or 3 dead. Then my party was at 71 of 71. All of my renown went away. Is this a known bug or some sort of fluke? Thanks.

earl of bronze said:
Ok I have been playing this way more than I should and had a strange thing happen. I went into a battle with max party size of 101. I took on 320+ Dragonsworn Bandits because I wanted their prisoners to replace some recent losses. I won with 2 or 3 dead. Then my party was at 71 of 71. All of my renown went away. Is this a known bug or some sort of fluke? Thanks.

That's a definite bug, but I've never heard of it before. I stacked my renown till it it was more than what even the kings had.

jader

Recruit
Anyone got problem with channeling at current version? When I press caps (or any redefined key), I can see the cursor, but no icons :sad: I can cast something (some brown particle), but cant change to another wave.

Elan§Morin§Tedornai said:
earl of bronze said:

That's a definite bug, but I've never heard of it before. I stacked my renown till it it was more than what even the kings had.

It happened to me repeatedly and I  have given up on the mod.

Widowmaker94

Recruit
I'm trying to use a custom banner, basically, I made one based off the one used by Guaire Amalasan. But when I get into the game it only lets me use major faction banners.

(I can't even post a link?)

What files do I need to edit to allow me to use this banner. And how do I edit them? I'm not a complete noob to script editing and such. But they're for completely different games.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mat2rivs

Squire
WB
Hello all,

I figured that I'd throw this link here in case anyone is interested:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,377241.135.html

I went through an interview with Efe that mostly covers my work on TGS.  Also, there are tons of other awesome interviews on that thread.  I'd highly recommend giving it a read.

As the interview states.  I don't plan on restarting a bunch of work on TGS for Warband right now.  However, I am cautiously watching the Bannerlord release, and assuming it ever releases, I may check out its modding potential.

Thanks to everyone who supported the mod over the years!  May the Dragon once again ride on the winds of time!
-mat

mat2rivs said:
Hello all,

I figured that I'd throw this link here in case anyone is interested:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,377241.135.html

I went through an interview with Efe that mostly covers my work on TGS.  Also, there are tons of other awesome interviews on that thread.  I'd highly recommend giving it a read.

As the interview states.  I don't plan on restarting a bunch of work on TGS for Warband right now.  However, I am cautiously watching the Bannerlord release, and assuming it ever releases, I may check out its modding potential.

Thanks to everyone who supported the mod over the years!  May the Dragon once again ride on the winds of time!
-mat

In case you do decide to make a mod for Bannerlord. I know for me, but possibly other people that have followed this thread as well, I'd be interested in giving that potential mod a try. :smile:

Wolfsblut

Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
mat2rivs said:
However, I am cautiously watching the Bannerlord release, and assuming it ever releases, I may check out its modding potential.

Who knows where we all are in ten years.
But there is always an ounce of hope i suppose.

Abyssien

Recruit
Hello, I was trying to play the mod, but I get a message errore. I unziped the folder called "A Gathering Storm" and pulled it in Modules (The last versione I found, the one with the "d").
Is this mod no more compatible with the newest version of Warband?

Grank

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WBNWVC
Abyssien said:
Hello, I was trying to play the mod, but I get a message errore. I unziped the folder called "A Gathering Storm" and pulled it in Modules (The last versione I found, the one with the "d").
Is this mod no more compatible with the newest version of Warband?
What's the error message?

Grank

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WBNWVC
Abyssien said:
During the INI fase, it says: "RGL ERROR: Unable to open file: Module/The Gathering Storm/Resource/magic.brf"
Well that's clearly a missing file. You might want to check if that file is actually there. Maybe your download was corrupted, but if it's a zip file, you wouldn't be able to extract it if it's corrupted anyway.

Abyssien

Recruit
So, the mod works now, but I think the starting quest is bugged.
When I attack the Bandit Hideout near Tar Valon, I kill all the bandit. Then, I respawn, I can see my character and I can knock it. Then my men start to attack me and, when I kill them, I can't leave (Display "You can't leave now").
Sound like a creepypasta, but maybe it's a known problem?

Widowmaker94

Recruit
Is it possible to disable any of the plot progression scripts? Say you want a semi-sandbox with the political situation of the end of Book 6 or 8.

Top Bottom