SP - General The game should be for hundreds of years: how?

Users who are viewing this thread

I believe that would be fun the game hold for hundreds of years, since I believe that the political map for Warband wasn't made in 30 or 40 years by the kingdoms before them. There would be thousand of set backs for the final conquest, peace treaties, non aggression, trade, marriage alliances.

That's what lacking together in Bannerlord, as I believe. Idk if this would help Snowballing and the problem the mexxico, apocal, blood gryphon and dabos37 speaks about. But I believe that a peace treaty of X years would help a lot to prevent the complete roll ut of kingdoms, battles and wars should be more meaningful bringing more effects for the kingdom, such a discontent of the people during the war or discontent of lords how long the war is taking and keeping their forces on field drawing their coffers.

Treaties that would last the minimum of 2 years and could go to max for 15 years, or find way to kingdom prosper in peace for the treaties together such as trades. Another point would be marriage alliances, between the Ruling Clan between two kingdoms, that would last until one of them die or their spouses (holders of the alliance) died.

There's just some thoughts, but I do believe Bannerlord should last more than a generation.

Make the Game Harder, please!

Last edited:
A start with a married and children can be adapted while playing the main story of the game. Here, our child is close to war age or may be fighting next to us. The first character dies because he is old, our child continues and we have a chance to see our grandchild in the future. In other words, the provision of order can be given the air of several generations.

Last edited:
Make the Game Harder, please!

I think a good and easy way to achieve this is to reduce Influence or drastically increase the cost for assembling armies. Let this cost be scaling whit how many members it has already. for each member, add 20-25%. There would be far less doomstacks in the world.

I don't think the game should last that long. It seems a bit too long. Times lasting that long work in Paradox games because time is sped up, however in BL it doesn't have that same timeframe. Stuff like peace treaties lasting for years may be a bit much, maybe a half a year to a year, however there isn't much to do in peacetime that could take up a decade. The game needs more stuff to do during peacetime to even consider having treaties that long.

There's a huge split in the fanbase that seems to put this game's development into a messy area. It's clear the devs wanted a long game with the inheritance system, otherwise there would've been no point in having that in the first place. The siblings were a good middleground for having a taste of it within 1 year of gametime after rescuing them. Nevertheless, players kept suggesting things that speed up progression, in particular those with kingdom wars. That really makes the whole inheritance system obsolete. IMO, the devs need to stick to their guns and simply incorporate more features that make long gameplay feasible rather than reducing features. Beefing up the smithing, criminal, questing, social options would be a good start.

There's a huge split in the fanbase that seems to put this game's development into a messy area. It's clear the devs wanted a long game with the inheritance system, otherwise there would've been no point in having that in the first place. The siblings were a good middleground for having a taste of it within 1 year of gametime after rescuing them. Nevertheless, players kept suggesting things that speed up progression, in particular those with kingdom wars. That really makes the whole inheritance system obsolete. IMO, the devs need to stick to their guns and simply incorporate more features that make long gameplay feasible rather than reducing features. Beefing up the smithing, criminal, questing, social options would be a good start.
Exactly, thank you!!!!

I believe most players have this necessity finish the game in one hour, why rush it? The system of dynasties was a great addition but lacks a lot of work and with some features scrapped well, turned a bit too simple.

To take the game longer i have to put the defensive stance in the kingdom so my vassals won't conquer anything when i don't want it. This truly sucks... This people with pre-ej... sry, wrong word. Everything needs to be fast and end quick.

@Thinker

The game is too easy, you can easily conquer all calradia before your children grown up.

I don't think the game should last that long. It seems a bit too long. Times lasting that long work in Paradox games because time is sped up, however in BL it doesn't have that same timeframe. Stuff like peace treaties lasting for years may be a bit much, maybe a half a year to a year, however there isn't much to do in peacetime that could take up a decade. The game needs more stuff to do during peacetime to even consider having treaties that long.
Well, i won't say with all due respect because that's hipocrisis.

But, that's your opinion so it's ok. The dynastie game place a idea for longer but Idk why ppl have the necessity to finish everything in one hour.

One way would be implement more stuff, which hopefully they will in the future, I said hopefully, if not unfortunely have to rely on modders to do that, who have same thinking.

depends the final game and release and eventually dlcs, if i'm not satisfied, maybe i'll hire a mod to do what i want, someone here would be willing i guess to make extra money, Modding the parts i want

Well, i won't say with all due respect because that's hipocrisis.

But, that's your opinion so it's ok. The dynastie game place a idea for longer but Idk why ppl have the necessity to finish everything in one hour.

One way would be implement more stuff, which hopefully they will in the future, I said hopefully, if not unfortunely have to rely on modders to do that, who have same thinking.

depends the final game and release and eventually dlcs, if i'm not satisfied, maybe i'll hire a mod to do what i want, someone here would be willing i guess to make extra money, Modding the parts i want
TBH, I really love the smithing mechanics lol. The fact that you can change sizes of each individual part and affect stats really gives me motivation to test things out. I think they should expand on this system to shields/ranged weapons/armors etc. Also, the leveling system still needs work imo.

TBH, I really love the smithing mechanics lol. The fact that you can change sizes of each individual part and affect stats really gives me motivation to test things out. I think they should expand on this system to shields/ranged weapons/armors etc. Also, the leveling system still needs work imo.
if only they made more things to do during peace time, suchs as governing and deal with government issues, vassals, etc, instead just some quests

like be a true king or emperor during peace time and not just war leader

if only they made more things to do during peace time, suchs as governing and deal with government issues, vassals, etc, instead just some quests

like be a true king or emperor during peace time and not just war leader
Yeah, if this was the case I think I would totally agree with there being peace treaties that could last a year and a half to a year in game. Until then, it would kinda make the late stage game kinda... boring.

One other issue is that it would make games last incredibly long. It works in EU4 and CK3 because time goes faster, you can go from 1444 to 1500 in the span of a couple hours, but you can't really do that in BL. I respect your take on it, and I do agree in part with some of it, just not all of it.

Yeah, if this was the case I think I would totally agree with there being peace treaties that could last a year and a half to a year in game. Until then, it would kinda make the late stage game kinda... boring.

One other issue is that it would make games last incredibly long. It works in EU4 and CK3 because time goes faster, you can go from 1444 to 1500 in the span of a couple hours, but you can't really do that in BL. I respect your take on it, and I do agree in part with some of it, just not all of it.
hahaha

I don't think you'd be bored with TW explored more this side of rebellions, politics (diplomacy), war and dynasties

One of the few ideas they could place:
  • Civil wars (rebellions of vassals, contest for the throne, peasantry riot)
  • Schemes (murder one of them, kidpnap a lord or lady, among others)
  • Diplomacies (trade routes, increase the freuqency of caravans between kingdoms, non agression, marriages that mean something - alliance, non agression, trade, defensive pacts, etc)
  • Client Kings - instead the paint the map with your color, factions woud live to see another day and plot their return or independe war (same could be in civil war)
  • Naval - doesn't need explaining :wink: - could even place trade ships - dlc with new continents?
  • New continents - maybe a dlc?
  • explore more open spaces on map, using islands for new fiefs
Just a few ideas I could think right now, have to return my attention to the piece of copy i'm writing, but that's what could game longer and more engaging

I don't think you'd be bored with TW explored more this side of rebellions, politics (diplomacy), war and dynasties
Oh no, I definitely wouldn't, but at the moment the late game is kinda barren in terms of development. I hope that it sees more development from the devs soon, and I have my own theories about what may come later, but I think it should be done first before there becomes massive gaps between combat.

It's clear the devs wanted a long game with the inheritance system, otherwise there would've been no point in having that in the first place.
It's for the AI / sandbox, it just happens to be extended to the player because it's not much extra work.

It's for the AI / sandbox, it just happens to be extended to the player because it's not much extra work.
lol then why have a marriage system or death by old age? Either way, any attempts on trying to streamline this already barebones game makes no sense. Those who only enjoy the combat should stick to custom battles and multiplayer. Let campaign players request for things that are supposed to be in the works. Also, devs should stop balancing and just implement features first. Endless balancing doesn't make sense at this stage.

yes

Back
Top Bottom