The game performance slows after a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

sifis172

Sergeant Knight
some time after i launch the game it loses performance, making opening
tabs and inventory, and town menus open after a lot of time.
is this my rig or is it something else?
(didn't have that until new ver. 1.5.6)

thanks in advance!

some time after i launch the game it loses performance, making opening
tabs and inventory, and town menus open after a lot of time.
is this my rig or is it something else?
(didn't have that until new ver. 1.5.6)

thanks in advance!
I think it depends on the rig really, but it may be smth from the update as well.
I have a weaker rig but could run the game on medium np and now loading screens take some time longer.
It may also be because my computer it's not used to the game after like a month or so of not playing.

Sounds like memory leak. Make sure that game isn't bloating your RAM over time. If this is the case, take screenshots with timestamps ( get RAM usage at start,then when you feel like something is bloated, take another one and compare them) and share it with Tech Support team.

This is 100% to do with the latest update (as great as it is). I found it was worst when autosaving after leaving a menu. It sounds like a memory leak or something ain't too technical but since I'd notice it most when autosaving I'd just reload that autosave and the lagging ****ed off for a good while. when it started again repeat. Bit of a hassle but is good enough for now until the next hotfix.

I have noticed interface lag too. Loading the game there is a black screen with the game's cursor then it loads the splash screen. I notice when loading saves and making saves lag. And the interface lags more over time when playing for hours straight that is only solved by exiting the game and starting again and there was one crash but I was doing a Bannerlord marathon because of the rebellions in 1.5.6. beta. I haven't played since the latest hotfix so maybe its better. Otherwise this is a very good and almost perfect patch.

I've found since 1.5.6 the latency exiting settlements and opening inventory and other menu related stuff is taking a LOT longer than it used to, and gets more sluggish the longer the campaign runs.

Sounds like memory leak. Make sure that game isn't bloating your RAM over time. If this is the case, take screenshots with timestamps ( get RAM usage at start,then when you feel like something is bloated, take another one and compare them) and share it with Tech Support team.
This is what I think I'm experiencing, it's not horrible but it does seem to slow after I've been playing awhile and it's frozen up twice in battle. IIt' reminicent of memory leaks in early versions of the game.

I ask you all, please don't forget to report these things in the tech forum. It would be a shame if TW would not hear of these issues because they got drowned here.

I'm not sure if its a memory issue, I think its more related to the extra items that are spawned through smithing, and now, the new clans and extra births deaths are just increasing how much the game needs to keep track of, that's what i think is causing this gradual slowdown.

I'm not sure if its a memory issue, I think its more related to the extra items that are spawned through smithing, and now, the new clans and extra births deaths are just increasing how much the game needs to keep track of, that's what i think is causing this gradual slowdown.
It wouldn't get fixed by a restart if that was the case.

I see your point and that kinda seems like smth that would happen in current games, but this happened to me in a new game, no smithing weapons, no births/deaths with the option on, of course, and no rebellions occured since i started. It is weird but I still have to agree that it may be worse in the long run, counting these you listed.

As I said, It could be that it's allocating space throughout the gameplay and always creating new without using the already allocated resource. Windows allows you to do that but once exit thread is called, it deallocates all the resources back to pool so that something else can use your RAM.
Simply check what I said earlier with some type of proof rather than instinct. Open a bug report afterwards. This is problematic for all users if that's the case and the team needs your input to resolve that.

As I said, It could be that it's allocating space throughout the gameplay and always creating new without using the already allocated resource. Windows allows you to do that but once exit thread is called, it deallocates all the resources back to pool so that something else can use your RAM.
Simply check what I said earlier with some type of proof rather than instinct. Open a bug report afterwards. This is problematic for all users if that's the case and the team needs your input to resolve that.

ok Bloc, thanks! so to do it, i look the ram usage in options?

ok Bloc, thanks! so to do it, i look the ram usage in options?
Yes. But just to make sure that it's a memory leak, check CPU and GPU as well. If CPU usage of the game is rising throughout the gameplay then it's not a memory leak but something more.. well.. strange. So check RAM, CPU, GPU at the beginning and also once the choppiness/lag starts.

It is definitely memory related. Last patch working set would peak at about 12GB or so (things that are actually in RAM) after 4ish hours of gameplay while total memory allocated (RAM and swap) would be around 15-16GB. Now memory just keep climbing. RAM peaks at about 15-16GB (which is my limit as I have 16GB) while total memory allocated went up as high as 31GB after 3 hours of gameplay. And it is definitely item related as when you defeat large army and new armors and items begin to load on captured lord during the "talk screen" memory just keeps going up without ever going down. Same goes when cycling through inventory and looking at gear (loading it in any way that makes it display entirely either through troops preview or inventory preview).

Back
Top Bottom