Resolved The game never start

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Hello, if someone can help me to fix this...

Summary: When I start the game by Steam, the launcher appears but when i'm clicking on "Play" or "Continue" nothing is happening.
How to Reproduce: Impossible to charge the game via steam, I have a new setup but i don't know if this affects or if it's the update. the game runs in my processes but nothing more happens. I try a lot of things like a "clean" instal, check the integrity of the game, try to launch latest beta update, try to load an past update, install/uninstall in my 4 HDD/SDD, trying to run as an admin with or without the launcher. I trying everything, if someone have a new idea i will be gratefull.

Have you used cheats and if so which: No cheats, no mods

Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
GPU Driver Version: 511.23
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800
RAM: 32 Go DDR4
Motherboard: Rog Strix B550-F Gaming
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung SSD 860 EVO - ST1000DM003-1ER162 - ST1000DM001-1ER164 - Samsung SSD 980

Have you tried this workaround?
  • If none of the workarounds above helped you, you can try to launch the game via the TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Singleplayer.exe and TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Multiplayer.exe files located in the folder below:
    ...:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client

Have you tried this workaround?
Yes I tried, even as an admin. When I launch the game by steam, the launcher appears. But when I'm try to launch via the TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Singleplayer.exe and TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Multiplayer.exe nothing happens, the launcher does not even launch. But for Steam the game is running.

Could you send them to us?
You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Have you ever installed a mod? Even if you deleted.
I actually had mods installed. "Native" "Sandbox" and 2-3 others. Unable to uncheck them from the launcher, I deleted them from the game folder. Now, when I launch the launcher, I can only select multiplayer.
I had to delete a folder that I shouldn't have. I ran a file integrity scan. So I re-downloaded the missing files.
After downloading the files again, I have the "Native" "Sandbox Core" "CustomBattle" "Sandbox" and "StoryMode" mods. I can't turn them off from the launcher. What should I do ?

From what I remember, I may have installed the mod one day to play multiplayer, but I'm not even sure it was on this game... I also had to install a French translation in the first days of the game release but I deleted it a while ago. In any case, I have already been able to play the game again since I uninstalled these mods. Since I changed setup and I formatted my hard drives. It's since I reinstalled the game on my new computer that I can't launch more than the launcher. I don't know if this information can help you

Last edited:
Those are default modules of the base game. What I mean for mods is the community-made modifications. Let's try a clean install to see if that fix the issue.
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

Those are default modules of the base game. What I mean for mods is the community-made modifications. Let's try a clean install to see if that fix the issue.
I just deleted all files related to Mount and Blade. Those in the folders you gave me, those in the hidden folders. I also did a search for all files containing "mount and blade" in my computer. I even deleted posters saved by nvidia etc.
I also wiped out everything in the cloud and... THAT WORKS !

Thanks for you time, glad to discuss with you !

Back
Top Bottom